Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Map  (Read 8378 times)
Bastardbrain
Multikill Member

« on: Mon 04.01.2010 15:47:53 »

Im looking at building a new map and was wondering if any of you guys got any good ideas for something new and different. Would be cool to have a few of us working on it to create a good map that everyone enjoys instead of the spam maps that are flooding the scene.
Thx

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Mon 04.01.2010 15:53:29 »

What gametype? vctf or dm?

I'd love to see a nice Duel map. There are not enough. From the size it should be like subterrane or a bit smaller than Deck. With some corridors and an open field like the center of deck. The shield belt should be reachable from 2 or 3 "sides" only. Tongue

Edit: You don't need any nice textures and special features. In duel its all about the gameplay.  Grin
« Last Edit: Mon 04.01.2010 15:54:24 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Mon 04.01.2010 16:01:20 »

make it very big with jumppads, which take u 2 kilometers away and invulnerability!
Bastardbrain
Multikill Member

« Reply #3 on: Mon 04.01.2010 16:11:25 »

I was thinking vctf and yeh decent sized with lotsa hammer runs

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Mon 04.01.2010 16:23:15 »

Fuck^^

I wish I could do that stuff too. Every1 says its pretty simple to create a map. I was able to create a cube. But when I had to put in the light I failed already, although I placed it in the map somewhere.

Edit: I'd love to see a full tutorial of some guy (bastardbrain maybe? Grin) making his map. From the start until he/she finished it. With explanation  xxxras.gif.
« Last Edit: Mon 04.01.2010 16:27:39 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Mon 04.01.2010 16:30:13 »

Don't u have tutorials from Epic, bloody?
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Mon 04.01.2010 16:45:31 »

Oh yeah didn't see that yet.^^ Thanks for the "tip" xD

Far Cry 2's editor is much easier.

« Last Edit: Mon 04.01.2010 16:57:00 by Bloody.Bender »

Bastardbrain
Multikill Member

« Reply #7 on: Mon 04.01.2010 17:35:22 »

This is the best site i found for advice and tips bender

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm
« Last Edit: Mon 04.01.2010 17:35:49 by Bastardbrain »

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #8 on: Mon 04.01.2010 18:35:40 »

This is the best site i found for advice and tips bender

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm

Thx for the link. I'll check it out. Maybe you'll see some maps of me then? :> xD

Lightmyfire
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #9 on: Mon 04.01.2010 20:01:35 »

Feelgood inc is a cool idea, but it fails in some ways.. Make something simular and a bit bigger and one pair of shoes like up in the tower.. And it needs higher hills for cover and some tree or better fence near the flag wich makes it possible to hammer from.

Mayb even without shoes, just so you can take the flag, hammer and come beyond some hill or something.. As it is now on feelgood its alot of luck involved when someone scores.. (At least when the teams are even)
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #10 on: Mon 04.01.2010 20:53:54 »

Yeah, I have one request too, avoid large open spaces. Your last map was cool but cuz the bottom level was just flat open space a lot of spamming was possible.

JT-Ripper
Multikill Member

« Reply #11 on: Mon 04.01.2010 23:26:58 »

Nice to see Bastardbrain, looking forward to the first screenshots  Smiley

How about inside a computer on a circuit board with metallic walls etc. Running on wires, plug in cards, hhds and you name it. You can make use of fans in different ways. Maybe to hard to do with all the textures...
Lightmyfire
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #12 on: Mon 04.01.2010 23:28:09 »

Vctf_The_case cool idea  xxxshifty.gif
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #13 on: Tue 05.01.2010 00:36:12 »

Nice to see Bastardbrain, looking forward to the first screenshots  Smiley

How about inside a computer on a circuit board with metallic walls etc. Running on wires, plug in cards, hhds and you name it. You can make use of fans in different ways. Maybe to hard to do with all the textures...

This has been done before, I remember a similarly themed map from Q3. However I don't think it's a good idea cuz the map is supposed to be VCTF remember that  finger not some gfx showcase. gameflow > looks

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

Teamplay Ressurection Gang

« Reply #14 on: Tue 05.01.2010 06:34:59 »

Heyyyy BastardBrain, good you ask! I could really need help with my map, it's such a huge project (for me as editor nooby, at least), I totally underestimated the work.

map's look:
The idea was to make a beautiful and big map in the alps. I want an own skydome with alp chains in it, some mountains which enclosure the whole map. It shall look like the best day you ever spend skiing in the mountains (if you ever did^^), bright clear sky, awesome panorama, unique Swiss village look with châlets and stuff and a bubble lift (Gondelbahn for the Germans^^) which takes you up to the mountain.

map's gameplay:
Players should be able to easily acces the flag base (in the other valley), I want few battle in the valley and a lot going on the mountain. You should pick the flag there, get easily on the bubble lift which takes you up. Then you should be able to board down the snowy mountain, hiding behind some trees and rocks or jump on a sled which takes you down the valley straight and fast and you can shoot from it, but risk beeing snipered.
I also want players to be able to set off an avalanche somewhere, somehow!

If your interested, and think you got (or might get) enough experience with kismet, 3d modelling/importing and maybe even cascade (partical editor) let me know, pm me, send me an msn message or simply join the Fick teamspeak (address: plusq.game-server.cc, port:9987, TS3!) one time.

We can also start newly anything else or restart it together, but I've done already some shit for this map and would be really glad to finish it before UT4  tongue

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #15 on: Tue 05.01.2010 06:49:55 »

@Bender:

You're right, getting started with it is pretty annoying and complicated. But once you learned the basics, a simple DM or BTA map is easily done. I just didn't make none of these because, you know, my rocket bunny hop isn't made for these maps  msn012.gif. Maybe you know my VCTF-FickSpam_beta already (on DoS and Fick public server), I can easily guide you to be able to do such a map.

I hated to read these tutorials, although the Hourences tutorials are perfect to learn advanced stuff.
But start with videos, everyone likes videos, build exactly what they do and you're fine after max. 2 days imitating them!

Vegaskill has the links to all of them, I saw them here: http://www.ut3modding.com/index.php?page=31

Hope to see some _Dark_ maps soon!  Smiley

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #16 on: Tue 05.01.2010 10:07:55 »

DeineLtan, if you were really interested in making this map you would go to Epic forums, there are a lot of mappers who need ideas, not waiting till someone tells "Hey give me idea i make a map".  Smiley
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #17 on: Tue 05.01.2010 14:04:37 »

DeineLtan, if you were really interested in making this map you would go to Epic forums, there are a lot of mappers who need ideas, not waiting till someone tells "Hey give me idea i make a map".  Smiley

Really? That would be awesome, I even were looking a bit there once but I totally got lost in their thousands of threads. Another thing was that I fear more people would come on the idea to steal the map idea and make it for themselves without asking me.

Bastardbrain has got the right to enter the project first if he's interested in it, since I know him a bit and because he asked here first. I also got already some help from rumple and some other master mappers of hedsteem.

Off topic: towards your climate debate, I just saw a horrifying movie called "endgame", you know this one?
« Last Edit: Tue 05.01.2010 14:19:39 by DeineLtan »

Bastardbrain
Multikill Member

« Reply #18 on: Tue 05.01.2010 15:29:02 »

Thx for the input guys
Just wanted the opion of real players instead of just making a map that id like. I know what u mean about Feelgood inc but i dont see much skill involved in playing the map to be honest, only really 1 way to go on flag run and no hammers involved, i was thinking something for more skilled players like you guys here.
Keep the input coming and any ideas of what u wud like to see in a map.

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #19 on: Tue 05.01.2010 21:06:33 »

Make fireworks shoot in the sky each time some team scores. Make some separate particles system, not with ready effects from library  msn011.gif
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print

Jump to: