Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The web designing topic  (Read 3872 times)
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« on: Sat 30.04.2011 17:21:29 »

This topic is for those, who mess with this stuff, and i think people can exchange experience here.

Recently i've started learning HTML and CSS and after learning some basics i wanted to make something worth, so here's the sketch of my future website (for roses). Unfortunately, i'll be able to code it only when i come back home next time...what do ya think?

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Sun 01.05.2011 08:33:06 »

Dreamweaver is a decent html/css editor.

In case you advance to php pages or a sql database, xampp is a good testing environment. Very little feature restrictions there, so don't use it as a hosting server for security reasons.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #2 on: Sun 01.05.2011 13:05:11 »

Do you use a program with a graphical interface to create your websites or do you purely code them?

I'm creating a website now for my student's job and doing it in pure code, using Dreamweaver to easily enter the tags and directly get a visual aid of how it looks.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Sun 01.05.2011 17:25:10 »

Do you use a program with a graphical interface to create your websites or do you purely code them?
Graphical web editors mostly just create tables depending on what 'boxes' you draw with the mouse. It is far better to build a layout based on css.

Klep
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Sun 01.05.2011 20:25:08 »

I don't know much about web designing but yours one about Roses Sova looks pretty. I'd only change the "Roses" logo Tongue
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #5 on: Sun 01.05.2011 22:17:13 »

Graphical web editors mostly just create tables depending on what 'boxes' you draw with the mouse. It is far better to build a layout based on css.

That's what I do, code the content in the HTML files and the layout in a separate css file. Takes some experimenting but I'm learning from it Smiley.

People don't have to expect some pro photo stuff or Flash on the site. Cause I've never worked with Flash and photo editing is not my thing either tongue. Used to play around with Paintshop Pro when I was 12 years old or so, never worked with Photoshop.

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Fri 06.05.2011 08:31:07 »

Dreamweaver is a decent html/css editor.

In case you advance to php pages or a sql database, xampp is a good testing environment. Very little feature restrictions there, so don't use it as a hosting server for security reasons.
By the time i use what my friend adviced - the Notepad++. It's very simple and fast, without any lags or smth like that, but the thing i miss there is the list of possible things you can write, which appears nearby while u type. This can also avoid syntax errors (which notepad++ doesn't show) and make the process faster...

But i will also check the Dreamweaver to see what it can offer me. That will take some time till i advence to php or sql. Next week i'm home half of the time, we have an independence day, so i will take a look.

Can you tell me a bit of how do i insert some flash animation in my page?

PS. I've just seen i can resize this window you type your message in. That's awesome!
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Fri 06.05.2011 12:06:00 »

Can you tell me a bit of how do i insert some flash animation in my page?
Embed flash: thanks to the 'special' browsers from microsoft, you will need to enter the path of the swf file and the dimensions twice in the embed code:

http://www.w3schools.com/flash/flash_inhtml.asp

<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400">
</embed>
</object>

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #8 on: Fri 06.05.2011 23:20:20 »

ok, thanks. I suppose, adding flash animations rather, than gif animation is better, no?
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #9 on: Sat 07.05.2011 09:03:52 »

found what i was searching for, wee.  Take a look at this tutorial: click. I wanna make at least half of the webpages in flash, that gives the best results with motioned graphics  Smiley
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #10 on: Sat 07.05.2011 17:18:17 »

Flash is so 2008 Wink. Not every device and bandwidth is able to "render" flash buttons.
For the easiest purpose you could use some basic Javascript framework animations.
But basically a good site is based on his content not on his presentation ^^ (at first case).
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #11 on: Sat 07.05.2011 22:10:59 »

Sometimes design also means a lot...
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #12 on: Tue 10.05.2011 14:49:17 »

Weee, here's my site with Animated Flash Buttons!!!  Crazysmile1

http://www.aka_sova.byethost10.com/new%20era/
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #13 on: Tue 10.05.2011 15:25:46 »

http://aka_sova.byethost10.com/new%20era/

Don't use a space character in names/pathes.

You made progress ^^
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #14 on: Tue 10.05.2011 18:44:09 »

Don't use a space character in names/pathes.
Yea i know, just didn't pay attention when made this...

thx ^^
dance
Dark Clan Member

dance into the dark

« Reply #15 on: Thu 07.06.2012 00:47:02 »

HE,

questions=? Maybe I can Help.
It´s a part of my profession :)

the dance

Well, I don´t know who built the world, maybe god, maybe evolution. But I seriosly know, who will destroy it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: