Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Tournament 4? :-O  (Read 30181 times)
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #100 on: Sat 16.08.2014 04:22:12 »

Yes, looks like. Not sure what they plan but UT3 and all the previous games ran on 1.1x that's why the projectiles look slow. The Rockets look like about half as slow and there is the slomo ragoll once you die...
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #101 on: Wed 20.08.2014 14:20:55 »

This Pre-alpha showcase is such a waste. It looks exactly like UT3 just generally slowed down a bit. So far the only noticable changes are the multi-dodge, some projectile changes and changed gravity. In my opinion they should wait until they altered something relevant and THEN let people testplay it.

However, I really like some of the new maps I've seen so far. Layout is pretty good, can't wait for some nice textures.

Anyone else expected Fatal1ty to be such a n00b or is it only me?  xxxlaugh.gif
« Last Edit: Wed 20.08.2014 14:23:52 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #102 on: Wed 20.08.2014 16:08:34 »

Yes. It's pretty funny: Most of the 99er or 2ker fanboys have said UT3 is slow and grounded (dodge for instance) but the strange thing tho, UT4 seems like more grounded and slower.

Such pre-alpha is needed. This is how game development works. All the UTs used the same mechanics from older UTs (in case of 99 it was the BotMatch addon for Unreal). Epic pretty much build this UT from ground up and trying to involve the split community to developer our game and not just theirs.

If you ask me, the complete approach is really nice and something unique which no one did before. It could turn out very well.

The example visual clarity screenshot from Perna (the art guy) was really good looking. But that one did not feature all the decorations but the overall look they are going to create.

Very high-res screenshot:
ftp.epicgames.com/Liandri_WIP_VisDev.jpg

PS: It's not just you. Expected more.
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #103 on: Mon 15.09.2014 10:45:10 »

neat idea:
http://youtu.be/E-BXAk5xJMI?t=2m28s

mechanic keyboard here i come  xxxras.gif

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #104 on: Thu 18.09.2014 23:31:04 »

Hey guys!

glad to see that forum is still online and still kinda active Wink

Just to say i downloaded the last prealpha version yesterday and playing it from time to time (as "tyr"), hope seeing you guys soon =)

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #105 on: Sat 20.09.2014 15:34:45 »

Gonna download it somewhen in the next days as well. From the videos I've seen so far I gotta say I'm a bit dissapointed. It looks soooo extremely slow.  wasted
« Last Edit: Sat 20.09.2014 15:37:20 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #106 on: Sat 20.09.2014 15:39:48 »

I might download it aswell but i think, for now, i'm more looking forward to Toxikk than UT4

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #107 on: Sat 20.09.2014 16:16:00 »

Don't download it. You'll be very much disappointed.

Epic tried to introduce a different speed mechanism by adding sprint. They did not want that dodge spam fest (it's a quite). They added single tap dodge. You can pretty much hold a key, and press in any direction and you do a dodge.

The current build hasn't get any delay between dodge (or its very very low). The game looks quite fast with it, but if everyone does that new spam fest, we will get a Q3 bunny hop movement just with dodge spam.

Take a look at this video.

No more wall dodge in order to gain speed. Pure grounded gameplay. And THEY said UT3 was grounded.
tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #108 on: Sat 20.09.2014 17:32:49 »

Well i don't know if you played the last version, there is no sprint, and there are wall dodge. You actually can wall dodge as many times as u want in a row.
About that single tap dodge, i don't even use it, no need when you're used to UT

Indeed its not awesome for the moment, but calm down, its not even an alpha, let them try many things Wink

And yeah i'm pretty curious to see what this toxikk will be !

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: Sat 20.09.2014 20:32:33 »

This semi-automatic dodging seems as wrong as the dodge jumps in UT2k4, IMHO. Btw. what do you think about the Mirrors Edge movement concept with wallruns? Surely exaggerated in this video:

UE3 for the win with Toxikk! afrodd.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #110 on: Sat 20.09.2014 22:09:17 »

I was not talking about the ability to wall dogdes, i was talking about what you see in the video.

And yes, sprint exists as concept and as a featuire in game, but they reduced it. You will normally walk about 940-960 UU (UE4), and after 1sec the auto-sprint kicks in which results in 1250 UU.

I am calm btw.. My point was, everything they have said they would reduce by changing X, made it worse. I'm waiting and trying to contribute. And I will probably play it even if it's not my taste. I don't even want to have it like UTX.

PS: Quite = quote :D
adepT`
Doublekill Member

« Reply #111 on: Sun 21.09.2014 00:38:29 »

I'm still disappointed about no double jump...

At the moment the game just feels... weird.  Rockets and minigun are ridiculously overpowerd, game feels really dumb'd down for the noobs, shock rifle feels weaker... meh :/

I really hope they will add double-jump, make gameplay a little bit faster, and make the rockets and minigun less OP.
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #112 on: Mon 22.09.2014 20:48:44 »

[...]game feels really dumb'd down for the noobs, shock rifle feels weaker... meh :/ [...]

This is a touchy subject. On one hand you want as many players playing your game on the other hand, however, you want a competitive LAN-worthy game (considering that UT is a competitive game). Unfortunately these two points kinda contradict each other as long as you have no skill-based or elo-based servers.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #113 on: Tue 23.09.2014 05:58:06 »

Here is what I'm looking forward to. Even the pre-alpha footage looks amazing.  afrodd.gif

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191095869/reflex

Just hit play and enjoy!

JohanLule
Doublekill Member

« Reply #114 on: Sun 21.02.2016 21:27:56 »

Has anyone here tried playing the new UT? The only names I can recognize is scientistpac and Neversleep   smiley463.png

I wonder how long it will be in pre-alpha? The development of the game seems to go real slow.
The pre-alpha must have lasted over a year now...?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #115 on: Tue 23.02.2016 19:08:05 »

I won't let early access ruin that game to me. Last time I tried the new UT it was still in closed beta. Alpha, probably, who cares. xxxras.gif Everything about it felt very wrong, so I decided to give it at least 3 more years before trying again, or I won't enjoy the final release afterwards anymore... early access is a real game killer, at least to me.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #116 on: Fri 18.03.2016 18:56:26 »

I tested this futur shit ... and dont i really dont like it .... I hope that some mutatorS will be on...  Grin
And still no vehicule only deathmatch... duel... youhou !!!!!
So like Mister Vega ;p i wait... and still make movie on UT3  msn012.gif
« Last Edit: Fri 18.03.2016 19:06:25 by DEVIL_77 »

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/devilinside-2230

"There is no knowledge, that is no power"
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #117 on: Sat 19.03.2016 12:14:02 »

Not much of a fan either. Don't know what I expected but that's not it.  Embarrassed

adepT`
Doublekill Member

« Reply #118 on: Sun 18.09.2016 18:26:44 »

You guys should really try playing UT4, it's fairly active and a lot of fun (especially you Bloody) Tongue
Xirios
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #119 on: Sat 28.01.2017 20:58:03 »

I started play yesterday UT4, to see what it is. Nothing special at this moment.  Unreal 1 death's sounds, ut2k3 taunts, maps like 2k3 too with modern engine. But no old Unreals climate xxxras.gif Only 2 models to choice. Boring new modes. I thought in 2015, when i back to UT in 2017 i'll see finall version of the game Roll Eyes 

Waiting for UT4 full version...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print

Jump to: