Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bulletstorm  (Read 16894 times)
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #40 on: Wed 02.02.2011 20:24:32 »

ROFL, EA games and Epic Games decided to do a little advertising for their game(Bulletstorm) and made a parody game of Call Of Duty named Duty Calls: The Calm Before The Storm.
http://www.thedutycalls.com/

You can download the demo which is 700MB, if you don't want to download it and just see it on youtube:

Looks to be pretty accurate tongue.

l3oomer
Godlike Member

« Reply #41 on: Wed 02.02.2011 21:01:11 »

LOl that was fucking funny!!  afrodd.gif  afrodd.gif nice find assassin I laughed really hard in some parts. wink2.gif
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #42 on: Wed 02.02.2011 21:28:34 »

Idd! Rly good video. Its funneh cause its true :>  Grin

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #43 on: Wed 02.02.2011 21:46:57 »

Idd! Rly good video. Its funneh cause its true :>  Grin

You know you can play it yourself tongue, only 700MB.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: Thu 03.02.2011 13:05:16 »

Had already seen it, 'super important [...] person' award is awesome. Almost as useless as the titan pack awards: 'all items found'  xxxras.gif epic_fail.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Proexxkill
Doublekill Member

« Reply #45 on: Fri 04.02.2011 10:47:51 »

I ve found this info for crysis 2 and the engine behind(Cryengine 3). In the article they said that even the unreal engine 4 canot run this game. At the and of the article they say that gears of war 3 will run on unreal engine 4. So the question is, can we expect a new UT next year....:D??...also, i dont think that Gears will run on engine 4. what do u think??

LINK

http://gamerant.com/crysis-2-crytek-unreal-engine-4-trung-62756/
tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #46 on: Fri 04.02.2011 12:00:38 »

omg rofl calls duty !! MASTER SERGENT SHOOTER IMPORTANT SHOOTER PERSON !! xD

About ut4 well, we all hope... but i think we still have to wait few years...
Is cryengine as powerful as they affirm? unrealengine is also fucking amazing and i'm surprised that they say cryengine is so superior...

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #47 on: Fri 04.02.2011 12:27:35 »

Sorry to throw water on the fire, but Gears Of War 3 still runs on UE3. But it's running on the latest update of the engine(dunno why they start calling it UE4...). You may call it UE3.7 or something tongue.

And have you seen what the people behind Crysis have said before?
Lots of nonsense, they are people that pretend to have created the greatest games and sure have the fake ego to show it.

I don't know about you guys, but I only liked Crysis for the graphics.
The gameplay and story sucked, don't think it will be any different for Crysis 2.

UE3 is still the most powerful engine out there, just look at how many games there are created on that engine and being created on. How many on the Crytek engines? Like 8 games(Far Cry franchise, Aion, Never Ending Dream and the Crysis games)
It's not for nothing that developers say that UE3 is awesome and great for developing games on.

It has already been confirmed that Epic Games is working on UE4 and for the moment they say it will be done by 2012-2013. I think UE4 might be the reason the world will end blablabla.gif.

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #48 on: Fri 04.02.2011 16:44:22 »

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #49 on: Wed 09.02.2011 22:15:57 »

You Germans already used to the fact that games get toned down for you guys, right? Like gore removed and such. Well it's the same story for Bulletstorm.

No decapitation or blood, but you get to keep the ragdoll effects tongue.
So you either download it or order it from another country.

tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #50 on: Wed 09.02.2011 23:03:27 »

Damn the censorship is hardcore in germany...

So if i understood well, the germany game version will be different? less blood effect or smth like that?

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #51 on: Wed 09.02.2011 23:30:48 »

So if i understood well, the germany game version will be different? less blood effect or smth like that?

Yea as I described it: no blood and no decapitation in Bulletstorm, but they get to keep the ragdoll effects on the bodies. Apparently ragdoll is also something that the Germans don't really approve.

I remember Flatout 2 where the guy inside the car was replaced with a crash test dummy cause it was too gory for Germany when they get ejected out of their cars(even though there was no blood).
« Last Edit: Wed 09.02.2011 23:47:40 by assassin[be] »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: Wed 09.02.2011 23:43:12 »

It was the same with ut3. Easy to turn back to the international version or add a 'blood patch'.
'kill without skill' + no gore sure sounds bad.

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #53 on: Wed 09.02.2011 23:51:26 »

According to Fox news, Bulletstorm(and other video games) will turn people into rapists:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83993/fox-news-says-bulletstorm-turns-people-into-rapists/

Original article:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/08/bulletstorm-worst-game-kids/

They continue to say that when kids of 9 years play this, it will cause enormous damage.
News flash: there is a rating system for something!
What kind of parrent would let their child play a game like this? It's like sending your 5 year old kid to the cinema to go and see a 18+ horror movie. Don't really hear people complaining about horror movies.

Sure I started out young playing video games and games that were 16+(my brother made sure I didn't play 18+ games like GTA, Soldier Of Fortune and Kingpin). But just look at the graphics back then and now, much worse now...

Just compare this:

to this:

It was the same with ut3. Easy to turn back to the international version or add a 'blood patch'.
'kill without skill' + no gore sure sounds bad.

Rofl well yea, I saw a lot of blood patches when looking for no-cd cracks in the old days and always wondered what those were for.

Yes it sounds really bad, this game is all about the gore and laughing when guys blow up right in your face and you are surrounded by blood(atleast that's the case for me blablabla.gif).
BTW, 15 more days  xxxw00t.gif.

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #54 on: Sat 19.02.2011 21:28:32 »

"Bulletstorm's campaign is single-player only because co-op broke it.

That's the frank admission from Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski, who is helping to promote People Can Fly's eye-catching upcoming shooter."

-- taken from an article on eurogamer.net

no PC demo, no coop... stay classy Epic

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: Sat 19.02.2011 22:42:13 »

'A new low!' - that classy line follows Epic since they introduced it. xxxlaugh.gif

Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #56 on: Sat 19.02.2011 22:50:59 »

I don't understand what that is supposed to mean.
Care to explain?
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #57 on: Sun 20.02.2011 01:17:20 »

To clear things up.

1. They are working on a PC demo, which will be released shortly after launch date(22/02). Mark Rein's twitter:
Bulletstorm PC demo is in the works. Won’t make it in time for ship date but should be available shortly after.
2. Cliff's explanation for not having co-op campaign:
It was in there at one point and it actually worked, but we found that the game shifted from being this kind of puzzle shooter into essentially this downhill skiing simulator, where people were seeing how fast they could get to the bottom of the mountain. Really the game just broke down, and it was a situation where people would race through the game, ignoring the vistas and they wouldn’t set up as many skillshots.
3. For the people wondering if Anarchy is still in the game, it is. This is the game mode where you fight off hordes of enemies with up to 4 players. Just multiple players for the story line.

Still gonna buy this game, got it pre-ordered and picking it up this Thursday(24/02 for Europe).
People also buying this game, I might be interested in giving this Anarchy mode a go. So PM me or something if you want to give it a go Smiley. Probably will try to finish story mode first before going online(like I always do in games).

About the PC demo, Epic wanted to release a PC demo but EA didn't allow it. So after hearing the community cry for it and Epic pushing it down their throats as well, they finally gave in. Dunno why they like to exclude the PC... Stop blaming Epic for stuff like that, look a lil further cause it's EA that makes that sorts of decisions.
« Last Edit: Sun 20.02.2011 01:20:11 by assassin[be] »

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #58 on: Sun 20.02.2011 10:34:56 »

I really want this game to be good, but the announced that they're dropping coop just a couple of days before release makes me worried.

3. For the people wondering if Anarchy is still in the game, it is. This is the game mode where you fight off hordes of enemies with up to 4 players. Just multiple players for the story line.

From the description this looks really similar to Borderland's Maxxi's Underdome Riot or AVP's survival both of which got boring fast. I hope they've got some surprise up the sleeve to spice things up a little.

assassin[be] post your review here when you beat the game  afrodd.gif

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #59 on: Tue 22.02.2011 19:20:02 »

I will Martini, just a few more days Smiley.

The game just got released today in the USA and they have already announced the first DLC: Gun Sonata.
This DLC will add 3 new maps to Anarchymode(the 4 player co-op with hordes of enemies heading your way) and 2 new maps for Echo Mode(mode in which you try to get the highest score while having a timer).

Anarchy:
Sewers of Stygia
Ruines of Hotel Elysium
Open spaces of Villa

Echo:
Crash Site(around your crashed ship)
Guns Of Stygia(escaping from a prison)

Next to these maps the lasso will also get 2 upgrades, no details yet except for the names of the upgrades:
Flamingo
Pulp

This doesn't look like Epic Game's motto, more like something EA would do. Atleast I'm hoping or I'm fearing for the future of the UT series... Already announcing DLC on the day the game came out and for a price! €9,99

The release date for this is in the spring.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print

Jump to: