Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bulletstorm  (Read 16890 times)
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #80 on: Tue 01.03.2011 08:20:14 »

EA released the Crysis 2 MP demo for PC, it's 1,6 GB.
You can download it here: static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/crysis2/Crysis_2_Multiplayer_Demo.exe

Proexxkill
Doublekill Member

« Reply #81 on: Tue 01.03.2011 08:34:09 »

EA released the Crysis 2 MP demo for PC, it's 1,6 GB.
You can download it here: static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/crysis2/Crysis_2_Multiplayer_Demo.exe

I will try it today...if u will try it now, please tell me how it is. Smiley
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #82 on: Tue 01.03.2011 09:53:18 »

I already played it a few times on the xbox360 when it came it on there like a month back.
It's decent, kinda like COD but with stealth and such.

Downside: cloaked campers.

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #83 on: Tue 01.03.2011 15:22:48 »

Well, been reading some comments from guys who played the PC demo.

- Simply creating an account on Crysis 2 is hard, it keeps hanging on the status "creating account" in-game and on the site. People have been able to login with their EA account but it looks like new accounts don't work.
- The graphical options are limited to one setting with 3 choices: Gamer(low), advanced(medium) and hardcore(high). These auto change your AA and such so you can't even setup those. Other then that you have the option to change your resolution.
- There is no renderframe limit, when turning on fraps your fps can go to 2000 during the intro. This can lead to the destruction of your graphics card(overheating)!!!!!!!! This is the same problem that SC2 had(maybe still have? Dunno if they fixed this yet).
- People are saying that the graphics are a lil better then the first Crysis, but it's practically the same. They just added blurry effects to make it look "better". They use this method a lot for console games so that it would look better then it actually is.
- Lot's of freezes and crashes, so pretty much like the leaked version.
- Most people are not convinced with the MP

So you can say that they are making the change from PC-only games to console-only games, just looking at the graphics, crashes, settings and the fact that they call it a new engine while it looks like the old engine but with blurry effects added. If Epic did this then we would have UE7 by now with every change done.

And it seems a lot of game designers are taking COD as an example for MP, which I think sucks.
Different classes, working with levels, XP, rewards for kill streaks, ...

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #84 on: Tue 01.03.2011 15:41:39 »

Well, been reading some comments from guys who played the PC demo.

- Simply creating an account on Crysis 2 is hard, it keeps hanging on the status "creating account" in-game and on the site. People have been able to login with their EA account but it looks like new accounts don't work.

That's exactly where I'm stuck atm. I'll try later this evening, if it doesn't work crysis can go f***k itself. Srsly I'm not in the mood to try any obscure tweaks just to try a damn stupid demo  wasted

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #85 on: Tue 01.03.2011 18:01:44 »

That's exactly where I'm stuck atm. I'll try later this evening, if it doesn't work crysis can go f***k itself. Srsly I'm not in the mood to try any obscure tweaks just to try a damn stupid demo  wasted

Finally got an account created, it's possible now in-game.

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #86 on: Wed 02.03.2011 19:20:14 »

@Martini

It looks like it's possible to change settings through adding lines to the shortcut.
Like you have: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe"

You can add stuff to it:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +i_mouse_accel=0 +r_hdrlevel=5 +r_glow=0 +g_SkipIntro 1 +r_DrawNearFoV=80 +cl_fov 80 +r_PostMSAA=0 +r_motionblur=0 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=80

With this, you turn off mouse acceleration, turn of the glowing on textures, remove bloom, remove motionblur, skip the intro, change the FOV to 80, better lighting and shrinks your weapon a bit.

Haven't tried it out yet, but looking at the responses when using this they say it looks a lot more like a PC game now and it's so much better. So, go for it Smiley.

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #87 on: Thu 03.03.2011 19:29:16 »

Thanks for the informative post. I'll try it later when I'm finished with Bulletstorm :)

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #88 on: Fri 04.03.2011 20:56:36 »

I'm done with Bulletstorm, the game turned out to be pretty much as I thought it would be. Good fun for 3 days, but not much more. 7/10 for me.

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #89 on: Fri 04.03.2011 22:00:10 »

I'm still playing it Smiley, guessing I have more fun with it then you tongue.

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #90 on: Fri 04.03.2011 22:24:55 »

guessing I have more fun with it then you tongue.

That might be true.

So what's keeping you playing it after beating the singleplayer?

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #91 on: Fri 04.03.2011 22:39:57 »

The echo mode, just killing for fun. When I'm not in the mood to play a serious game, I put this game on and just screw around in it.

Also, this is the first game that I want to get all achievements with, normally I don't care about the achievements. Some people see it to play a game longer, but for me it's something that takes the fun out of games(what they are supposed to be).

Still need to try out anarchy mode in a decent way, only noobs online who screw up everything...

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #92 on: Fri 04.03.2011 23:00:11 »

Can some1 tell me if its worth it to get Bulletstorm? Is it almost as good as UT3?  :>

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #93 on: Sat 05.03.2011 00:07:35 »

Well, if you want a competitive game then this isn't certainly your game.
If you just want to have fun, get a few chuckles then you certainly need to play this game.

Heck, even Fijut likes it. And he normally doesn't like games fast(certainly American one's)...

I would say that you'll laugh your ass off while playing this game when you are drunk. Sometimes I laughed my ass off, certainly when suddenly you are in control of a certain something(not gonna spoil it).
Would recommend to play it when you are in the mood to just screw around, I promise you'll have a smile the entire time that wouldn't be easy to wipe off.

I would recommend it though, having fun with it and can be a bit challenging when playing on very high difficulty.

Also Martini, I'm trying to get all skillshots to make sure I didn't miss any of the fun. Already done so many that I didn't do on a normal playthrough. Keeps it entertaining to see unseen stuff Smiley. So far I have 120 out of +- 130, so nearly there tongue.

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #94 on: Sat 05.03.2011 16:47:52 »

Well, me and Fijut were able to finish Anarchy mode.
It works so much better and you have much more fun if it's just the two of you.

There are 20 waves, the last one is freaking insane.

72 enemies and you have to reach 18 000 points.
The problem is, you run out of bullets with the alternate weapons if you use them in the beginning tongue.

But it's really fun, just gotta make sure there is no lag Smiley.
We might do it again, even though it's freaking insane afrodd.gif.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: