Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bulletstorm  (Read 16891 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: Mon 17.01.2011 18:34:54 »

I hate it when "offline games" REQUIRE an internet connection.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #21 on: Mon 17.01.2011 19:28:18 »

Dunno if it actually requires an internet connection in order to play SP.
Alot of games put internet connection with the system requirements even though it's not necessary to play SP, they just do it for the MP.

I do know that it will run Games For Windows Live, I thought you could create an offline account or am I mistaken?

RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #22 on: Mon 17.01.2011 19:43:40 »

Really strange. Bulletstorm on GamesForWindows. UT3 on Steam. Gears of Wars not anymore on PC. Epic/Midway is really consistent  in publishing games  Crazysmile1

And it's good that people have to use an activation method. Less piracy (don't know the statistics, but i think so). And piracy is the reason why all developers are not supporting the PC anymore (only as developing environment).

A singleplayer in Bulletstorm is good enough. The multiplayer could be good as well. Reminds me a bit of Left4Dead. I hope that it will have such a modification support like the Unreal Series.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Mon 17.01.2011 20:13:36 »

And it's good that people have to use an activation method. Less piracy.
If it is required in the original game, than be sure that the copy from the pirate bay won't require an online connection... except for 1 specific download.
Doesn't sound like piracy prevention to me.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #24 on: Sat 22.01.2011 15:07:41 »

Really strange. Bulletstorm on GamesForWindows. UT3 on Steam. Gears of Wars not anymore on PC. Epic/Midway is really consistent  in publishing games  Crazysmile1

Just so you know, Midway has declared bankruptcy like 1-2 years ago.
Thought that would be noticed since Warner Brothers bought the company and is now releasing Mortal Kombat(you guys ever saw the Reborn short of Mortal Kombat?)

3 more days till the 360 gets a demo of Bulletstorm(together with a MP demo of Crysis 2) :).

DarkHunteR
Multikill Member

« Reply #25 on: Sat 22.01.2011 17:11:07 »

and crysis 2:

xD....
tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #26 on: Mon 24.01.2011 21:55:23 »

I don't know what to think about bulletstorm, i like th motto "kill with skill" but what do they call skill...?

I'll test the demo asap to see, but im not sure that it will be more than a good solo/coop game.

Btw i had not see this crysis video, it looks really fun.

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #27 on: Tue 25.01.2011 00:06:10 »

I don't know what to think about bulletstorm, i like th motto "kill with skill" but what do they call skill...?

I'll test the demo asap to see, but im not sure that it will be more than a good solo/coop game.

Btw i had not see this crysis video, it looks really fun.

It will be the type of game you'll have a blast playing on Saturday and Sunday. And then you'll completely forget about it on Monday :))

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #28 on: Thu 27.01.2011 08:22:51 »

Played the demo a bit on the old 360 and I approve! afrodd.gif

It's fun and kind of challenging trying to come up with something you can do to your enemy so you can lol or just have a huge WTF!!!!!

If you want a challenging game where you need to run and hide cause you are about to die then you are knocking on the wrong door, this is a game just for fun that you pop in on a cold Friday night with your blanket and your hot coco  Smiley. If you want to finish this game without using your lasso or your kick then it will be a bit challenging but don't expect anything on that. It's more fun to use the lasso and kick but don't overuse it or it will get boring.

It's a good game from what I could play, the demo has 3 weapons:

Assault rifle(when you charge it, it burns right through your enemy)
Pistol(that turns into a flare gun when you use that charger thingie, if you bounce your character up in the air and used it charged on your enemy it sends him flying with the firework and you get a skillshot called fireworks)
Flailgun: 2 explosives on a chain that when fired onto an enemy it wraps around him and explodes when you press the fire button again(slices right through your enemies when you charge it)

They have gone pretty far with the skillshots, still trying to get the mercy skillshot(shoot the guy in the balls and when he is on his knees just kick his head off). It's more difficult then you think to get, I always seem to shoot him in the leg embarrassed, but I'm not the only one having trouble with it xxxras.gif.
Would have had more fun with the demo on the PC, the thumbstick always disappoints me when it comes to shooters(I hate it for aiming).

Game has been per-ordered since it came up in the store and I'm keeping it that way, I was already convinced with the footage I've seen and now that proves it :).

If you guys want, can give you info on the Crysis 2 MP demo that was released with Bulletstorm.

Proexxkill
Doublekill Member

« Reply #29 on: Thu 27.01.2011 09:34:51 »

I still think that this is a game for like 20 hours..am i wrong? Assassin what do u think of crysis 2? Wich of the 2 has more potencial in terms of replay value? I thought to try the demo for crysis 2 but i thinh u have to preorder tge game...wich is lame... xxxthumbsdown.gif
« Last Edit: Thu 27.01.2011 09:35:11 by Proexxkill »
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #30 on: Thu 27.01.2011 11:28:28 »

I think you can compare Bulletstorm to Borderlands, you can play with a few mates and just play around a lot. But after a while it will get boring, like I said it's a game you quickly put in just you feel like playing a non-serious game.

If you're interested in having the highest scores of your friends then you can play this for a while longer, if not then you will probably throw it aside after a couple of weeks or so. People would probably play a lot longer if it had competitive MP instead of a co-op system. But no idea how you would make this kind of game competitive...

For the Crysis part, a demo has been released on the same day as Bulletstorm. The demo is Xbox360-only and is only MP with a few weapons, 1 map en 2 gametypes(TDM and a bit like domination from UT99 but the target moves). You don't have to pre-order the game to play the demo, you need an xbox360 and gold membership.

It's fun to play MP but they still have to fix a few bugs, lag is one of the major issues. It's hard to explain but if you played it, you would understand what I mean.
I would say that Bulletstorm has more replay-value, Crysis 2 MP is like COD but with those special powers. Also cloaked campers....... => nuff said?

tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #31 on: Thu 27.01.2011 16:39:41 »

Some Bks tried Bulletstorm on ps3,

they said me same things: really fun, but no real multiplayer. And how much time will we play before to get bored (borderland was fun, but i didnt finished it, always same quests...).

I don't think i'll buy it, maybe dl to play with mates...

About crysis, yeah it looks fun but what we see in the video will never happen in a match, im scared about a new camp-land-game...

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #32 on: Thu 27.01.2011 17:06:55 »

Played Crysis 2 MP for a few matches.
It's fun but like you said, those things you see in the vid never happen lol.

That ground stomp thing, never had a chance to use it and I replaced it with something else.
Also the fact that people like to camp in corners with their cloak on and wait for you to come by so they can take you out with one punch.

In the trailer you can see a guy kick a car down to kill someone, that map isn't in the demo but I can't imagine anyone being so stupid that they will actually stand there while knowing someone can just kick that car down.

DarkHunteR
Multikill Member

« Reply #33 on: Thu 27.01.2011 21:34:56 »

play esl and cs rules and u will see even better :p

....if this game is fit to tournaments...*
Proexxkill
Doublekill Member

« Reply #34 on: Fri 28.01.2011 09:45:03 »

i see...so i will have to dl both and try them. But for what i saw i am more into crysis at least it has competitive multyplayer even if it has campers..beter then slowmotion and no competitive multiplayer. Beside....only unreal is unreal, and i have to entertain my self till next UT Crazysmile1
Proexxkill
Doublekill Member

« Reply #35 on: Fri 28.01.2011 13:11:45 »

i just read on the offical forum that u cant jump, just slide..is this true?!?!?i dont know, the more i read about the game the less i am conviced to buy it.....
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #36 on: Fri 28.01.2011 14:43:48 »

u cant jump, just slide..

msn008.gif wtf??? DEALBREAKER!!!
« Last Edit: Fri 28.01.2011 14:44:15 by m4rt1ni »

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #37 on: Fri 28.01.2011 16:08:08 »

You can't jump, jumping over obstacles is like in Gears Of War: you run to it and press the run button.
You can run and slide.

To be honest I don't miss jumping, it may sound as huge dealbreaker but it really isn't.
They could have made it more flexible and so by adding that you can jump, but I say try out the game first before judging. I've learned over the years that you can't judge a game by just watching vids and reading reviews, you really need to try it out yourself to see how it's like.

BTW, because there was so much disappointment coming from the PC-players that Crytek didn't release Crysis 2 MP demo on the PC they have now decided to release it on the PC as well(no-go for the PS3). So you'll be able to try it out yourselves.

Lot's of PC-players were angry for not getting the Bulletstorm-demo. But it looks like that Mark Rein(Vice President Epic Games) is pushing for a PC-demo. There wasn't enough time to get it done for the PC to launch with the Xbox360 and PS3.

So just be patient and you'll be able to test out the games soon :).

DarkHunteR
Multikill Member

« Reply #38 on: Fri 28.01.2011 20:37:30 »

crysis multiplayer demo : )
http://twitter.com/Crysis/status/30759160287076352
http://www.youtube.com/user/EA

afrodd.gif
« Last Edit: Fri 28.01.2011 20:46:06 by DarkHunteR »
DarkHunteR
Multikill Member

« Reply #39 on: Fri 28.01.2011 20:46:46 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up