Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bulletstorm  (Read 16897 times)
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #60 on: Wed 23.02.2011 12:43:47 »

Just got a text from my local gameshop saying I can come and pick it up  xxxw00t.gif afrodd.gif.
Still in class for the moment, got my lunchbreak soon and gonna go home to play it. Only got 3 more hours left of boring .Net programming after the lunchbreak tongue.

Gonna see if it's totally worth skipping class for tongue.

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #61 on: Wed 23.02.2011 15:39:01 »

Gonna see if it's totally worth skipping class for tongue.

Got one specific question for you. I'd really like to know how does the FOV look like in Bullestorm.
If it's too narrow, it'll be a no go for me. Just make your best guess and try to post a number. I hope it'll be better than some 65 degree console insanity.

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #62 on: Wed 23.02.2011 17:16:37 »

I have no idea how to tell you what the FOV is.
But I gotta say that they have made this game with the consoles in the mind and the PC not so much.
You can def tell by the controls(by that I mean the options). Like how "enter" and run are the same config. Also the fact that you can carry 4 weapons and you need to change between them with using the numbers at the top of your keyboard(1,2,3 and 4). This is a downside for me since I use numpad to play my games, you have a switch weapon but it's only for switching between the last weapon you used!

And also the fact that you have black bars(like watching a movie).

I'm running this game on the highest settings possible, with 8x AA.
It runs smooth(even smoother when using 1080p as resolution), even though my monitor is 22"(16:10).
So my normal resolution is 1680x1050.
Running it on 1080p removes the black bars for me(always has been with this monitor).

If you are interested in my specs:

CPU: AMD X4 965 @ 3,4 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6870 1GB
Ram: 4GB DDR3

I was thinking, that you'll be able to fix those controls and maybe enhance the graphics more(even though it already looks gorgeous) by tweaking the .ini's. Oooh but they f*cked up right there.
You can find the .ini's in documents\mygames\bulletstorm\stormgame\config(pretty much like UT3) but you can't read the freaking ini's!!!! They have encrypted it... I have no understanding why but you can't change anything if you don't understand what the hell is there.
But after googling I found out that the encryption is weak and there is a way for you to see it and change things. Just gotta find out how Smiley.

Now that I've got the bad stuff out of the way.
I've gotta say that this game is really good, in the beginning you can get a few chuckles if you are a bit waisted or just high. But too bad it's kinda like a Hollywood thing going on there, there are a lot of cutscenes and sometimes you can interact but only by pressing buttons or clicking the mouse(not aiming). But after that lil part is over you finally get to some asskicking, I'm loving this game so much more on the PC then on the Xbox using a controller. When playing I don't care about the skillpoints, only about killing and doing it in a fun way.

So, only need to find a way to change the .ini(and I'll be able to let you know what the FOV is, you can probably change it) and it will all work out Smiley

RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #63 on: Thu 24.02.2011 22:38:13 »

I'm going to install it now ^^
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #64 on: Thu 24.02.2011 23:59:03 »

@Martini

To answer your question for the FOV, the default setting is set to 85:

With a decrypter(with a polyalphabetic cipher) you can change settings, the FOV setting is in StormCamera.ini. Someone changed it to 120:

The fps are locked to 60, you are able to change this or just turn fps smoothing off in Stormengine.ini.
You have many other settings you can change, some are really needed.

For some reason, they set mousesmoothing to true and didn't give you the option to change it in options... This can easily be changed in the storminput.ini, but still...

I understand why they encrypted it though... They really screwed it up by doing this:
You have other .ini files that can change the game, like AI settings and how much damage weapons do. And I'm guessing you can do much more, betting you can have unlimited chargers by changing this(dunno if this is possible, but it wouldn't surprise me). They did this to prevent cheating on anarchy and echo leaderbords(already there are people on the leaderboards with crazy scores, they get removed and banned though  xxxlaugh.gif), but I mean come on... Then hide these things in the game files themselves and not like this in the open, certainly when it's so easily decrypted.

Looks like they are looking to have the visual settings and such decrypted and the stuff to change AI and damage and such encrypted.

Played it some more, still having loads of fun. People keep saying that it will get bored after a few hours. Couldn't be more wrong Smiley. Still haven't played online though, want to finish the game and see all the weapons. Still one weapon needed to explore, the sniper is awesome  xxxw00t.gif though. Don't really like the bouncer, not my type of weapon.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: Fri 25.02.2011 01:38:33 »

I've seen the beginning levels in a playthrough. With all those cutscenes and comments you just need to watch it like a movie - The story is good. Didn't see too much of the gameplay.  msn011.gif

You have other .ini files that can change the game
who cares if someone messes up a single player game (or is there some real competition in collecting skill points?).

Mess with the best, die like the rest
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #66 on: Fri 25.02.2011 09:16:48 »

It also changes for game types like anarchy mode and echo mode, makes it easy to get million points while you can't even get 50 000 when playing on normal settings.
Sure, you can have some fun if this is just for your own.

Well yea, I kinda enjoyed the movie-playthrough in the beginning. But it's annoying when you are itching to play tongue. After that movie part, it begins. Trust me when I say I couldn't wipe a smile off my face when playing this.

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #67 on: Fri 25.02.2011 10:16:48 »

@Martini

To answer your question for the FOV, the default setting is set to 85:

THANKS! for the info on FOV, the fact you can change it is really important for me  afrodd.gif

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #68 on: Fri 25.02.2011 12:31:07 »

The structure of the .ini's and what you can change in them are like in UT3, with some added options because this is a different version of engine compared to UT3.

Think I might start experiment and turn bloom off and such, to see how the game looks then.

The number of options make me think back when ut3 just got released, the number of options for graphics and mouse settings were sad. But good you had the ability to change the .ini's. So I'm hoping they will correct this through patches.

Haven't seen bugs for the moment, but normally I don't get bugs in games. Other people are bug magnets but for me they always stay away  tongue, except for games that I play a lot(like UT3).

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #69 on: Fri 25.02.2011 19:08:00 »

Just finished the game and who do I see pop up in the credits screen?

With an ending like that, you just know there is a Bulletstorm 2 or DLC coming to continue the story.
« Last Edit: Fri 25.02.2011 19:09:13 by assassin[be] »

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #70 on: Fri 25.02.2011 19:24:52 »

Go Wojci GO WOJCI!

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #71 on: Fri 25.02.2011 21:25:30 »

Also the fact that you can carry 4 weapons and you need to change between them with using the numbers at the top of your keyboard(1,2,3 and 4). This is a downside for me since I use numpad to play my games, you have a switch weapon but it's only for switching between the last weapon you used!

Mmh, i can use my Mousewheel to switch between weapons and use MiddleMouse button (pressing Mousewheel) i can use the melee attack (kick).

And it's quite amusing how they wanted to prevent cheating by encrypting the INIs.

Another person who likes to watch the credits Wink.
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #72 on: Fri 25.02.2011 21:53:54 »

Actually no, it was the first page of the credits  tongue.

DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #73 on: Sat 26.02.2011 12:04:45 »

Wojciech is a normal prename in poland...:)

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #74 on: Sat 26.02.2011 12:08:59 »

Wojciech is a normal prename in poland...:)

Actually I don't mind about the post but I just wanted to post this pic some day^^ Unfortunately it hit you Sev =(

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #75 on: Sat 26.02.2011 12:29:30 »

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #76 on: Sat 26.02.2011 12:30:02 »

xxxlaugh.gif

Grammatik bei Yoda gelernt du hast!

DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #77 on: Sat 26.02.2011 13:00:30 »

sad i am!

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #78 on: Sat 26.02.2011 16:29:55 »

Actually I don't mind about the post but I just wanted to post this pic some day^^ Unfortunately it hit you Sev =(
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #79 on: Sat 26.02.2011 18:25:56 »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print

Jump to: