Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rypel Cam for UT3  (Read 65152 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: Thu 09.12.2010 19:53:20 »

Vegas, how does the seekTo option work? it says: seekTo x y z
x - minutes
y - seconds
z -speed at which demo should be played.

well, how do i write it in numbers? seekTo 17 30 1, for example? if it is, it doesn't work. nor with 17301, or 17.30.1
seekTo 17 30 1 is the correct format (spaces between numbers). The demo will pause at 17:30.
The purpose of this function is to fastforward though, so don't leave the last variable (speed) at 1.

e.g. 4 x fastforward until 17:30:    seekTo 17 30 4

and does the rk demowatcher work for anyone?
The rkdemowatcher works fine to me. But it is absolutely not necessary for the usage of rcam. All the rkdemowatcher does is to move a copy of the selected demo to the demos directory and start ut3 with the command to load it (that is the 'TehDemo' file you noticed).
Simply open the demos ingame. afrodd.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #21 on: Thu 09.12.2010 20:05:12 »

ah! so the z means the speed i want the demo to role untill it reaches the desired minute.

already noticed that Vegas. thank you!  Grin

Edit: btw, when i rec frags or ut3 movies, how do i rec the ingame sound? does fraps have an option for that? cuz using mic to rec it just sucks..
« Last Edit: Thu 09.12.2010 20:06:35 by joaoFCB »

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: Thu 09.12.2010 21:03:50 »

how do i rec the ingame sound? does fraps have an option for that?

Depends on your os and fraps versoin

WinXP, control center, sound settings, recording: Disable mic input, enable 'stereo-mix'.

Win Vista / 7: update fraps, if you don't see any advanced sound options like these:

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #23 on: Thu 09.12.2010 22:34:03 »

aha thanks again  afrodd.gif

iFCB
RypeL

« Reply #24 on: Fri 10.12.2010 21:19:23 »

Just wanting to say: Im very happy that you continue this afrodd.gif

Programming takes dedication and time but it can become quite a joy to see something you just programmed actually work  Crazysmile1
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: Fri 10.12.2010 22:13:00 »

@ Rypel: The compliments go to you, Rypel. wink2.gif
Looking at the 'camcontrol' section, I wonder how you could get started to program these functions.

A peripheral question: what game was the cinema 4d export intended for? Rcam for counter strike?

Greetings

RypeL

« Reply #26 on: Sat 11.12.2010 00:35:37 »

@ Rypel: The compliments go to you, Rypel. wink2.gif
Looking at the 'camcontrol' section, I wonder how you could get started to program these functions.

A peripheral question: what game was the cinema 4d export intended for? Rcam for counter strike?

Greetings

The glory for the 3.06 version all goes to you and dont you dare to forget again to put your name in the readme next time msn011.gif

Because you asked about the camcontrol-section heres a little history-lesson on Rcam:
I took the math for the camcontrol section straight from university where we had a course about spline-functions. That was a kind of lucky coincident that really started rypelcam.
At that time i was already a huge fan of UT-Movies and fraggmovies in general, so while our teachers talked about all the smooth shapes and forms you can define with this math
i was ofcourse thinking about camerapaths :D
So i had the math and knew how to use and shape it. The problems however were that i had never done a UT-Mod before so i didnt know where to start. And the second problem was a mental problem:
"If noone has incorporate something obviously usefull like this into the UT-Engine by the 4 years it was already out, it should be impossible, right ?" The main problem and thing that seemed impossible at first was to figure out a way to load and control a mod in a demo, because normally you load mods into a server but not into a demo, so i didnt find any info on if and
how that would be possible. So it took me a while to figure that out.

Ehm oh yes the cinema 4d export -> Mostly i was more interested in trying out new things then into cleaning up the code, so the code contains some messy parts and some dead/old experiments
like the c4d stuff. It was intended as an additional feature for the UT/TO-Rcam. I actually also gave a
Counter Strike version a try but that is a different story -> I had an early version but it had to be programmed quite differently then the UT one and so it couldnt have been just a little
project for me and although a Counter Strike version might have had quite an impact because Counter Strike was very big at that time i didnt want to put so much time into a counter Strike
because i hated the game (at that time you had to either love or hate Counter Strike and its community. I was a more traditional fps oriented guy so Counter Strike players were enemys Wink).
I played mostly TO(Tactical Ops) in that time, but i considered that much different then Counter Strike because you dont die so fast there and have more of a fight.
Anyways: The c4d export stuff was an idea from another moviemaker i was friends with at that time. That guy helped a lot in testing the early RCam versions and in developing ideas.
He was quite skilled in c4d so he came up with the idea to combine a c4d scene with a Rcam scene. We considered this to be the "next big step" in terms of enhancing movies. In fact i still think
that this would be the next natural step in the evolution of fraggmovies, but its quite complicated. The idea is to recreate a RCam path in a 3D-software like c4d and this way add c4d effects to a Rcam scene.
In fact the way that guy was doing it in our tests was that he imported thr RCam path into c4d and then exported the c4d path into Adobe Aftereffects. With that information he could do
some cool 3D effects with the raw RCam footage. I dont really know how he did it but it looked pretty cool.
So why did we stop going that way ? -> Well he got pretty ambitious with that idea, but the effects took a lof of time, creativity and dedication to make so he kinda got too ambitious and he lost
motivation and never finished that movie he wanted to incorporate the effects in. After that i could have pushed the c4d idea more and onto other moviemakers, but seeing how complicated the
c4d and Aftereffects stuff was i though it might be better to bury that for the time because i really feared that other moviemakers would get consumed by the idea "i have to have this effects
in my movie or otherwise my movie would suck!" and then drop their movieproject in the end because they realise they dont have the time and knowledge to make such c4d effects. I find a good flow,
sync and cutting much more important then effects so i didnt really push that c4d idea. But now you know whats the story of it. And if you think it might be time to experiment with that again,
go ahead. I can tell you that i have seen it work and that it can produce otherwise impossible visual effects, but noone should make the error to consider it that important to learn c4d to make a good UT movie. You can make a good Mvie without that just fine.

« Last Edit: Sat 11.12.2010 00:41:24 by RypeL »
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: Sat 11.12.2010 13:20:42 »

What a huge post, nice! xxxw00t.gif

Higher math applied in everydays work, and it works! Engineered in Germany, that's the difference to Epic with its scrappy ut3 programming. msn011.gif

Regarding C4D, it is powerful, but I don't think the current UT3 community would take use of it. embarrassed
Besides taht, the unreal engine lacks in compatibility with 3d programms (please correct me if I'm wrong). For example, you can't imoport ut3 maps in 3d programms, therefore you won't be able to alpha-mask your work with the objects in a map, and the only benefit would be the synchronized c4d camera movement. Further on, UT3's timing is too incorrect (you'd never get frame-exact results), making it difficult to bring together works from different applications.

Nevertheless, I had in mind to use c4d for a future video - to simply set the fraps footage as c4d-background and use the c4d tools (rotation etc) for eg 3d player names. But I never had the time to do something for ut3 in the past months, and now, there is no reason for me to make a movie.
« Last Edit: Sun 12.12.2010 17:26:42 by VegasKill »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: Sun 12.12.2010 19:31:08 »

I was coding a bit on rcam today, and it worked out pretty well.
Shifting the rcam timeline with the stroke of 2 keys makes it possible to eliminate off-synchs.
« Last Edit: Sun 12.12.2010 19:50:41 by VegasKill »

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #29 on: Sun 12.12.2010 20:00:35 »

have you researched if it's possible to rewind demos?  msn011.gif

iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: Sun 12.12.2010 20:26:03 »

@joaoFCB: Looking up some discussions about rewinding demos and some tests: negative.
If I interrupt the demo stream, all the players are disconnected and just keep standing still or run against walls, like a disconnect from an online server.
"If noone has incorporate something obviously usefull like this into the UT-Engine by the 4 years it was already out, it should be impossible, right ?"
If it was possible to make a mod like rcam, it'd probably also work out to rewind demos, somehow. But honestly, I'm not able to code such a feature.  msnembarr.gif
« Last Edit: Sun 12.12.2010 21:00:17 by VegasKill »

RypeL

« Reply #31 on: Sun 12.12.2010 22:34:44 »

@joaoFCB: Looking up some discussions about rewinding demos and some tests: negative.
If I interrupt the demo stream, all the players are disconnected and just keep standing still or run against walls, like a disconnect from an online server.If it was possible to make a mod like rcam, it'd probably also work out to rewind demos, somehow. But honestly, I'm not able to code such a feature.  msnembarr.gif

Yes after i could get RCam to work i thought their might also be a way to do rewind. That was also a dream of me ofcourse and had high priority. I never got close to achieving it though.
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #32 on: Sun 12.12.2010 23:56:59 »

well i dont understand anything about that. but isn't it possible to create a program extra UT3 that's able to read demos? and instead of being .demo file it could be anything else, so we could rewind and fast forward (like in normal media players), but still being able to do everything normal demo watcher allows us?

Too complicated? Grin

iFCB
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #33 on: Mon 13.12.2010 00:12:00 »

When u would have a normal video file and u would see always the same in the review and u couldnt change the view

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: Mon 13.12.2010 12:53:25 »

When u would have a normal video file and u would see always the same in the review and u couldnt change the view
Demos will require to be opened in ut3.
I guess JoaoFCB wasn't thinking about converting demos to videos or uploading demo files directly to youtube Grin, but on controls like known from media players, that work during the normal demo playback.
Like a time line to jump to a desired point in the playback or a reverse playback to rewind. It exists for cs:

As you said...
Too complicated Grin

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #35 on: Mon 13.12.2010 14:53:51 »

ya exactly...
or even if the seekTo option would work to rewind aswell would be awsome enough.

but thanks, i have some problems with RCam timedpath timing, but that ini option is really helpfull :)

iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: Wed 15.12.2010 23:00:39 »

New rypelcam is out, 3.07

Updated the html-tutorial too.
For any questions about the new features, this is the place to be. afrodd.gif

Changes:
- increased maximum number of cam points to 120
- Manually synchronize the camera with Numpad+ and Numpad- during a timed path
- 'tpstart (opt. speed) (opt. time correction)' consolecommand loads and prepares a timed path scene.
Automates the steps of loading a cam path (like F5), enabling the timed path mode, fast forwarding until the timed path start time, hiding the rcam HUD and the UT3 HUD.
If the optional variable speed is not set, the demo will fast forward at 2x speed until 2 secods before the timed path start time.
If the optional variable time correction is set, the camera will start the timed path earlier (negative variable) or later respectively to the original timed path start.
examples:
   tpstart
   tpstart 4 -0.25     
- updated RypelCam HUD informations
- Removed the option to change the timedpath start time in Config/UTRypelCam.ini

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #37 on: Wed 15.12.2010 23:03:01 »

You know what would be great? :D TO fix the crosshairbug from the sniper. If you zoom it always aims somewhere different than you did while playing...

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: Wed 15.12.2010 23:12:09 »

You know what would be great? :D TO fix the crosshairbug from the sniper. If you zoom it always aims somewhere different than you did while playing...
You should try this if you want to save demos client sidely: increase the demo recording accuracy: 'NetServerMaxTickRate=60' and 'LanServerMaxTickRate=60' in UTEngine.ini.

However, it still will not be as accurate as your inputs while playing, since UT3 only interpolates the 'frames' of the demo. Each tick represents a demo frame if you are recording a demo, therefore UT3 will know more and guess less.  Wink

RypeL

« Reply #39 on: Wed 15.12.2010 23:15:25 »

wasted ... guess i wasent quick enough. i just posted a news about 3.06 on rypelcam.net... will post 3.07 tomorrow.

rypelcam.net is somehow online again. It is barely functional though and i wouldnt have mind if it would have died, but i dont really make that call (i already asked the webmaster once to put the site down, but he refused tongue). So i published 3.06 on that site aswell. I dont really care where its published though and if Vegas just wants it published and discussed here or whatever -> Just let me know. Im also trying to give Vegas admin rights on rypelcam.net. If you decide to want to post news etc there Vegas.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print

Jump to: