Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rypel Cam for UT3  (Read 65156 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: Wed 15.12.2010 23:29:17 »

@Rypel: It would be a good idea to keep the topics in the discussion board on rypelcam.net.
Especially since everything about rcam up to now links to rypelcam.net, the mod should be released there and in addition here on the dark clan homepage.

So long, I'll try to log in at your site when the next update is on its way. msn012.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #41 on: Thu 16.12.2010 00:01:40 »

the numpad + and - means you can fix the delay or (the opposite, dunno the word in english) of the timed path manually in-game??

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: Thu 16.12.2010 12:32:28 »

the numpad + and - means you can fix the delay or (the opposite, dunno the word in english) of the timed path manually in-game??
Yes, simply try it after the timed path has started. msn012.gif

You should set up the camera to focus  a moving object at the cam path start, so that it is instantly recognizable if the camera started too soon or too late and you will be able to synchronize the timed camera path with ease.
Set a couple of cam points sidewards a running player, vehicle or a fired projectile. If the said objects are not centered in the middle of the screen when the timed path starts, pause the demo and synchronize the camera view with numpad+/- until the player/vehicle/projectile seems to be correctly focused.

Good luck =)
« Last Edit: Thu 16.12.2010 13:34:46 by VegasKill »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: Thu 16.12.2010 22:39:50 »

about cinema 4d: With the coordinates of the cam points, cinema 4d is able to interpolate a cubic spline. If you'd add the timing like the 'X' values in the RypelCam.ini, you'd already have your timed camera path.

Just pointing it out, I didn't test it with rypelcam's data. ...but I'd know for what situations in a clan war video this would look good. Grin

DarkHunteR
Multikill Member

« Reply #44 on: Fri 17.12.2010 14:59:10 »

wow vegasu rockkkkk
brilliant work  and awesome version of rypelcam  afrodd.gif

like it alot and its works great! very useful and saves time :D

ty afrodd.gif
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #45 on: Fri 17.12.2010 20:08:13 »

Thanks for the RypelCam 3.07 for UT3 released  afrodd.gif
All my compliments to you Rypel & VegasKill  msn012.gif

maximum number of cam points to 120 OMG!!!   afrodd.gif  Grin  afrodd.gif

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/devilinside-2230

"There is no knowledge, that is no power"
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: Thu 23.12.2010 23:54:10 »

Some tests to import the data from the utrypelcam.ini into cinema 4d are rather discouraging.
The path imported fine, after I realized that Y and not Z is 'up' in C4d. Crazysmile1
The acceleration between 2 cam points is not as accurate as it should be, therefore, to get useful data from timed paths, it probably would be necessary to mess around with the rcam code to export c4d data frame by frame. And I'm not enthusiastic over that. Project suspended. :'(

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: Sat 08.01.2011 00:09:09 »

1) Just to come back to the 'rewind', I asked on Epic forums and it looks pretty bad for this feature. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=755446

2) Appearently I made some errors in the actual release of rcam, the log file grows fast.
Sry about that, I never looked at the log file and should learn how to code properly sometime.  book.gif

3) Just a 15 minutes ago I've heard some fantastic news...now I'm waiting for a post in here.  wink2.gif
« Last Edit: Sat 08.01.2011 00:10:15 by VegasKill »

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #48 on: Sat 08.01.2011 01:46:38 »

First of all, great work VegasKill afrodd.gif and Rypel and the other developers.

As I installed your version (I was using the previous version from time to time) i noticed the big log file. It is full of errors caused by accessing a variable of the CamHud class and 2 other classes (don't know the names atm ... maybe the DecalManager and the CamControl).
At that time I decided to lookup into the code and try to fix these bugs and go report it here. Well I managed to fix the errors and added some improvements (atm only minor ones).

Changelog:
3.07 mod v0.1
======================================
- cleaned up code
- fixed error on accessing 'CC'
- added locked view in 3rd person based on player's viewpoint for players and Vehicles (replaced with serversided demos, 'L')

I cannot say if there are features which won't work anymore, but for my purpose (watching demos) it's working well.

I really got an idea to add a feature which let you rewind and fastforward the demo virtually. This means the demo is not playing but you can change the time. I think it can be achieved by recording the location, rotation and velocity of any dynamic actor (players, projetilces, weapons, flags, shots, etc.) and save them into an array. As every frame/tick is unique in UT3, the movements should be the same at every playback of the recorded objects. Don't know if UT3 can handle such big array, but it should work, as it is the same thing as the Knotens in RypelCam.
I cannot say if it will be a good feature for edidting demos (timedpath, and so on) and if it increases the productivity because i don't edit nor i do not know how to. I just use Rypel to watch the demos.

Furthermore I think i'm able to add a Overlay menu where you can control anything Rypelcam related stuff in that menu - like enabling 'Path Edit Mode', pick a specific CamPoint, Players, etc. It's alot of work but i think it would be good to have such feature in it.

I'm currently working on a clean version from scratch just to implement new features easily as the code is a bit messed up.

I do not know if i break any copyright because there are none (at least not listed in the readme.txt) but i did not published the code else nor taking any profit out of it. I just did it for my own purpose and want to share the result.

Download:
RSCamEx_v0.1_(Rypelcam_v3.07).zip

It's only the compiled script. Let me know if you're interested in.

Btw. hi all Smiley
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #49 on: Sat 08.01.2011 01:58:31 »

i'm 110% interested!!  afrodd.gif

iFCB
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #50 on: Sat 08.01.2011 11:58:54 »

dito!

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: Sat 08.01.2011 12:59:35 »

Btw. hi all Smiley
Hey Rattlesnake, you're welcome. wink2.gif

I appreciate every aid and feedback, especially from some one with an unreal script knowledge like yours, that could allow to introduce useful new features or major modifications many people hope for.
For example such a dynamic menu to select players (and more) sounds very good. afrodd.gif

If you want to contact Rypel for copyright concerns and closing the source, you may send him a pm (btw, he is German, too).

I will check out your update this evening. ...I always wanted to get the vehicle view as it is in client side demos. The 'frontview' is kind of unusable for vehicles with turrets. Gj.

Greetings, Vegas

PS: if you'd find it useful, I could make a non-public section in the forum for rypelcam developers, to discuss features, speek German with rypel etc.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: Sat 08.01.2011 18:31:49 »

I just ran a quick test with the updated rcam version by Rattlesnake.
The view of the camera in vehicles is great, it is the same as while playing.

The changes to fix the logfile warnings about missing 'cc' are causing some problems though.
The cam points are not visible and ut3 crashed when I tried to change the visibility mode (numpad9) or selected a cam point (with numpad+/-).

...I'll open up a separate board for developers.
« Last Edit: Sat 08.01.2011 18:58:13 by VegasKill »

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #53 on: Sat 08.01.2011 19:25:52 »

Oh great that you open up a new thread. I will add there a post soon.

I just ran a quick test with the updated rcam version by Rattlesnake.
The view of the camera in vehicles is great, it is the same as while playing.
It's just a simple function, you can add it to the RCam version as well. Well i changed the name to not interrupt with the original version.

The changes to fix the logfile warnings about missing 'cc' are causing some problems though.
The cam points are not visible and ut3 crashed when I tried to change the visibility mode (numpad9) or selected a cam point (with numpad+/-).
That's why i want to create RCam from scratch since it's a bit messed up code (version 3.1 if you want). So it wil be easier to add functions to it.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: Wed 19.01.2011 12:47:19 »

and does the rk demowatcher work for anyone?
I discovered the rkdemowatcher doesn't work in combination with the 'mapmixer' mod that among other things loads a different menu. Maybe you have that installed?

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #55 on: Wed 19.01.2011 14:54:11 »

no.i don't have it anymore.

what the rk does for me is (when i double click any demo in Demos folder) copy that same demo to a new one with the name as tehDemo. then, on DemoPlayback in UT3, there's the same demo plus tehDemo to be watched. so for me there's no big utility about rkdemowatcher.

iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: Wed 19.01.2011 17:46:37 »

The rkdemowatcher should start ut3 for you and directly begin with the demo playback.
Invalid path to the UT3.exe when the demowatcher was installed?

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #57 on: Wed 19.01.2011 21:14:26 »

The main problem about rk Demowatcher is the problem that the script which should be excuted on game start, is not properly executed when you're having the AutoLogin feature enabled.

In order to run rk DemoWatcher, you need to disable the AutoLogin feature (logout and untick "Auto login").

Well, as is see its nothing special about rk Demowatcher, i created a batch script, which is quite good. You can edit things directly (not needed imo), and you see what's done by the rk Demowatcher.

My script will run without rk Demowatcher and does the same thing (one difference, files doubleclicked in the 'Demos' folder will not be copied).

@fcb: Do you have autologin?

---------------------------

RSDemoLinker

Download:
RSDemoLinker v0.1

Installation:
1. Extract the content into a folder
   (like "C:\Program Files\RSDemoLinker")
2. Goto that folder and start:
   > Install.bat
3. Enter your path of your UT3 installation location
   (e.g. "C:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\")
4. Enter a 2nd path of your user files of UT3
   (e.g. "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Demos\")
4. A new batch script will be created. The paths will be saved into this newly created file.
5. Double click any demos out of the explorer
   (if the file is not in the 'Demos' folder the file will be copied temporarly)
6. Enjoy
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #58 on: Wed 19.01.2011 21:23:33 »

that script looks nice!  xxxw00t.gif

yeah rattle... i do have it enabled ^^

EDDIT: no i don't. i was confusing auto-login with save password. it's disabled. maybe it's what vegs said, bad redirect while installing.
« Last Edit: Wed 19.01.2011 21:39:04 by joaoFCB »

iFCB
Axwell{VS}
Doublekill Member

« Reply #59 on: Sat 02.04.2011 20:52:41 »

hey ppl  ihave a question !!! when u made the road , put the speed and all is ok !! in demo !!! how to record ? need to use fraps ?

Think you are nooB ... ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print

Jump to: