Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rypel Cam for UT3  (Read 65154 times)
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #100 on: Mon 17.10.2011 17:22:02 »

I overlooked a flaw in rcam 3.09 before publishing it: the rotation of the first 4 camera points is not saved correctly. Consider that and set a couple of replacement cam points at the beginning of a project.

Yes Mister Vega Wink
I ALWAYS start(ed) my campath 5 seconds before the start of the real action since the version 3.07  msn012.gif

i go on the rypelcam.ini and change the TimedPathStartTime=400.998138 to TimedPathStartTime=390.998138 'it's an example)
C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config
Other example, if your action is at the end of a demo, i take more time TimedPathStartTime=900.998138 to TimedPathStartTime=880.998138

& after i do the same like this so wonderful video  afrodd.gif  Grin

« Last Edit: Mon 17.10.2011 17:32:06 by DEVIL_77 »

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/devilinside-2230

"There is no knowledge, that is no power"
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #101 on: Mon 17.10.2011 18:04:43 »

Yes Mister Vega Wink
I ALWAYS start(ed) my campath 5 seconds before the start of the real action since the version 3.07  msn012.gif

i go on the rypelcam.ini and change the TimedPathStartTime=400.998138 to TimedPathStartTime=390.998138 'it's an example)
[...]
if your action is at the end of a demo, i take more time
Good point, veteran movie director! Wink
The longer the demo runs, the bigger the time variance can grow.

One more tip regarding this, if the camera starts too soon:
You can get a better overview of the cam points and the object you use for synchronizing by hitting the right mouse button.

Now it should be easier to know when to pause the game. IMO this could be useful if you use only few cam ponits for synchronizing, i.e. you easily could miss the right time to hit pause.

With 'numpad 3' the camera is set back on the camera path, than go on as usual with synchronizing ('num+/-').
« Last Edit: Mon 17.10.2011 18:07:40 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #102 on: Tue 18.10.2011 17:56:31 »

i.e. you easily could miss the right time to hit pause ? ? ? internet explorer ? ? gnee??? ^^
I don't understand what you mean here ^^

"veteran movie director"  Grin i prefer the title that rypel gave to me : RypelCam Master  xxxlaugh.gif xxxlaugh.gif xxxlaugh.gif
« Last Edit: Tue 18.10.2011 17:58:18 by DEVIL_77 »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: Tue 18.10.2011 19:00:27 »

i.e. you easily could miss the right time to hit pause ? ? ? internet explorer ? ? gnee??? ^^
I don't understand what you mean here ^^

Just interprete it in the following way: there is only a short section of the cam path you'll use for synchronizing the camera: the first few cam points.

If you miss to synchronize the camera while the projectile is alongside these cam points, your chance to fix Epic's broken time in UT3 has gone.

Change into the free cam mode if the rcam mode offers only a bad perspective, which is very likely, considering the purpose of these first cam points (Numpad 3 to go back on the camera path).

Hope this wasn't even more gnee to you now. xxxlaugh.gif
A video tutorial for dumpframes + synchronizing and whatnot may come in a week or so. wink_smiliex.gif

p.s.  ' i.e.' = in other words

"veteran movie director"  Grin i prefer the title that rypel gave to me : RypelCam Master  xxxlaugh.gif xxxlaugh.gif xxxlaugh.gif
Ok, lol
« Last Edit: Tue 18.10.2011 19:02:40 by VegasKill »

Assasins
Doublekill Member

« Reply #104 on: Tue 25.10.2011 20:16:19 »

Vegas I hope that you will make some video tutorial becouse rolling with time pathing still don't working for me for some reason... Besides in this version rypel don't consider the viewpoint. So it just flying and looking on right(for example.)

When life gives you spam, just make a sandwitch.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #105 on: Wed 26.10.2011 17:39:47 »

Vegas I hope that you will make some video tutorial becouse rolling with time pathing still don't working for me for some reason... Besides in this version rypel don't consider the viewpoint. So it just flying and looking on right(for example.)
Actually, it's rendering while I'm writing this post. :)
But I ain't gonna leave my pc on over night to upload the tutorial, since it's in my bedroom and Telecom Italia's upload rate for flats is just pathetic. Tongue

About the camera looking blocked in one direction: the camera will work correctly as soon as there are 4 or more cam points. Just set some 'dummy' cam points before you want to set the actual camera path.
This bug is already fixed in the development build I used for the dumpframes tutorial video, and the fix will come with rcam 3.10.

Assasins
Doublekill Member

« Reply #106 on: Thu 27.10.2011 13:30:09 »

Actually, it's rendering while I'm writing this post. :)
But I ain't gonna leave my pc on over night to upload the tutorial, since it's in my bedroom and Telecom Italia's upload rate for flats is just pathetic. Tongue

About the camera looking blocked in one direction: the camera will work correctly as soon as there are 4 or more cam points. Just set some 'dummy' cam points before you want to set the actual camera path.
This bug is already fixed in the development build I used for the dumpframes tutorial video, and the fix will come with rcam 3.10.
Thanks very much. Sure upload this as comfortable as you need =) But what about rolling and timepath? Is it needs some "dummy" cam points too?
« Last Edit: Thu 27.10.2011 13:30:36 by Assasins »

When life gives you spam, just make a sandwitch.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #107 on: Thu 27.10.2011 18:13:58 »

Video is up, read here.

Thanks very much. Sure upload this as comfortable as you need =) But what about rolling and timepath? Is it needs some "dummy" cam points too?
Roll and timed path is covered in the tutorial.

About the dummy cam points: the first four cam points do not work, and only the first four - the remaining project works just fine. So trash 4 cam points in the beginning and start with the real project with the fifth cam point.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #108 on: Tue 29.11.2011 23:40:03 »

Rypel Cam 3.10 is out!

Mostly just bugfixing and a basic update to the 'follow projectiles' function (numpad six).

That 'follow projectiles' function actually should have become a 'relative camera', but the code is only half-done and I won't be able to complete it anytime soon. But I'll get back to it and try to follow all kind of actors - not just projectiles, consider the target's rotation when setting vector locations etc.

Download: just give Gammo some time to update www.rypelcam.com.

Changes from 3.10 to 3.09:

- bugfix: set rotation of the first four cam points
- modified spec cam speeds
- 'Numpad 6' follows projectiles
 -- Movements generate a relative offset between camera and projectile locations
- 'Numpad 6'+'X' follows projectiles as in prior Rypel Cam versions (rotation centers projectile)

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #109 on: Wed 30.11.2011 16:41:11 »

Fuck yea! afrodd.gif
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #110 on: Wed 30.11.2011 19:46:39 »

Rypel Cam 3.10 is out!
BLABLABLA...  blablabla.gif

Changes from 3.10 to 3.09:

- bugfix: set rotation of the first four cam points
- modified spec cam speeds
- 'Numpad 6' follows projectiles
 -- Movements generate a relative offset between camera and projectile locations
- 'Numpad 6'+'X' follows projectiles as in prior Rypel Cam versions (rotation centers projectile)

Yeah i saw it on rypelcam.com, but i can't answer on this website  Grin ...
I lost a lot of campoints on the actions using rypelcam in my last video ^^ made with the version 3.09

I don't like the version3.09 cause the distance between the campoint is short... hummm maybe it's the same on the others versions ... but more crash on this version... maybe cause of my crazy campoints i put ... ^^
If you did not make this new version 3.10, i think that i used the 3.07 or 3.06
Thanks

PS : I will test this new version with a new VCTF movie ... ^^ wait & see
« Last Edit: Wed 30.11.2011 19:57:51 by DEVIL_77 »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: Wed 30.11.2011 20:15:40 »

I don't like the version3.09 cause the distance between the campoint is short... hummm maybe it's the same on the others versions ...
What do you mean by short distance between campoints?
The cam points are as far apart from each other as you set them. Wink

Just keep the longest distance less than 15 times the shortest distance and vice versa, as in every Rypel Cam version (That keeps the calculation effort below infinitely high levels and allows rcam to draw paths without oversteered slopes as opposed to the similar tools to Rypel Cam like the dummy/kill cams in Quake, COD, Battlefield etc. - Rypel's hobby work is far more professional than these! Wink).

You should NEVER come close to that limit. Try to always set the cam points in an equal distance to each other (best practice in rcam usage. Even if you're just going straight forward in space).
In case, the RCam HUD tells you the optimal cam point distance.

Nice movie Smiley 

DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #112 on: Fri 02.12.2011 18:09:44 »

Thanks  msn012.gif

"What do you mean by short distance between campoints?"
You said it Vega,  "Try to always set the cam points in an equal distance to each other " It's true but i desagree ^^
I made my own experience with rypelcam, i really don't know how many hours i passed with Rypelcam ^^

The secret for having a great campath is to know the timing of the actions, drawing & play, of course, with the time when you put your campoints (with equal distance as you said) like a musical score, the time is really important
It's really hard to explain it in english sorry ^^'

"the RCam HUD tells you the optimal cam point distance."
LOL cauZ as i remembered, i was always not agree with that ^^ & -400 +300 were often used :D in my last video ^^
Maybe, that why UT3 crashed after 70 / 80 campoints  msn004.gif
« Last Edit: Fri 02.12.2011 18:18:21 by DEVIL_77 »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: Fri 02.12.2011 21:36:24 »

You said it Vega,  "Try to always set the cam points in an equal distance to each other " It's true but i desagree ^^
I made my own experience with rypelcam, i really don't know how many hours i passed with Rypelcam ^^

The secret for having a great campath is to know the timing of the actions, drawing & play, of course, with the time when you put your campoints (with equal distance as you said) like a musical score, the time is really important
You really are experienced, Master of Rypel Cam! Azn - I know and like your way of making movies!
I just wanted to help you bypass a weak point in rcam's code. Rypel originally intendet to allow recording single frags or similar short scenes that deal with no more than 30 cam points.

But with 60, 70, 80+ cam points, some code sections in rcam are likely to crash UT3.
Rcam re-draws the whole cam path every time a new cam point is added (and at various further occasions).

This is an experiment where the 'old' cam path is not removed when a new one is calculated. The shapes of the paths vary, because they depend on the cam ponits prior and behind an intersection.
In other words, if a cam point in the path is modified, the path needs to be re-drawn - and by default, this happens with every new set cam point.

The view in the screenshot shows the very end of the cam path. After every cam point, you can see one further cam path. This is what the lables 1,2  - 1,2,3  - 1,2,3,4   are supposed to illustrate.

This requires some heavy calculations, which get more complex by:
- increasing the number of cam points
- more irregular distances between cam ponits (devil :))

This formula is used for drawing smooth slopes in the cam path, without 'overshoots' as in the cubic spline calculation (left graph).

In uscript, this formula looks even a bit more complex. msn012.gif Crazysmile1

Since rcam 3.09, you can change this behaviour of rcam. But do this only if you want to avoid crashes. smiley_x0.gif
In rypelcam's ini, set: do_not_update_Spline=True

Result:
- The cam path only updates before it is required -> before the camera starts to fly along the path
- Rypel Cam can do the required math to draw a cam path from the data it loads with 'F5', so there is no need to update the cam path before SAVING the project ('F4'). (could lead UT3 to crash)
- In the case that a previously saved project keeps crashing on you (instead of drawing the cam path), manually edit 'UTRypelCam.ini'. For example, reduce the amount of cam points by decreasing the 'Z' value
- side effect:
 --the white dots between cam points will disappear,
 -- so does the advised cam point distance from the rypel cam HUD.

Hope I could annoy you at least a little bit with such a huge post. tongue

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #114 on: Sun 04.12.2011 09:56:13 »

Holy shit

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #115 on: Sun 04.12.2011 13:00:21 »

Holy shit
nothing more to say...i was just like  _-hOLY sHIT-_

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #116 on: Wed 07.12.2011 18:44:56 »

Pfiuuuuuu what a technical post, the formula is impressive  smiley_worship.gif
It's interresting  msn012.gif

For the irregular distances, i used to put severals campoints with  high reduced time like i did (& u2) with the tank fire ^^ (This is the most difficult to do with rypelcam  msn012.gif )

Thanks to youu Vega, MY rypelcam Master  afrodd.gif
« Last Edit: Wed 07.12.2011 18:46:06 by DEVIL_77 »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: Sun 18.12.2011 14:47:48 »

For the irregular distances, i used to put severals campoints with  high reduced time like i did (& u2) with the tank fire ^^ (This is the most difficult to do with rypelcam  msn012.gif )
Yes, it is no problem if you slow down the demo while you create your path: it is not the the time between cam points that matters, but the distance between the cam points.

This was implemented in 'follow projectiles' (numpad 6):
follow all kind of actors - not just projectiles, consider the target's rotation when setting vector locations etc.
Actually it doesn't select players/vehicles yet, but it shall not be a problem to change that. 'Relative Cam' is coming! afrodd.gif
« Last Edit: Sun 18.12.2011 14:48:42 by VegasKill »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #118 on: Sun 08.01.2012 21:31:49 »

Just sent Gammo the new RypeL Cam 3.11 to publish on rypelcam.net.

Changes from 3.11 to 3.10:

- switch players: 'X'+'Scrollwheel'
- view previous player: 'X'+'Leftmousebutton'
- follow target with relative camera
   - select player: 'numpad 0'
   - select projectile: 'numpad 6'
- orbit projectile: 'X'+'numpad 6'
- HUD update (time & player names)
- restored 'p': pausing the demo affects camera
- removed unused classes

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: Wed 11.01.2012 21:53:58 »

Gammo published RypeL Cam 3.11 on the official rcam homepage! afrodd.gif
Download: http://www.rypelcam.com/index.php/4-unreal-tournament-3.html

Demonstration: follow players or projectiles with numpad 0 or 6.
Speccam is attached to (and can be moved freely around) the target.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print

Jump to: