Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rypel Cam for UT3  (Read 65150 times)
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #160 on: Wed 23.01.2013 12:41:49 »

Good work daniil. Maybe a bit over-fx'ed but good nevertheless :)

I'd really like to send you some demos but unfortunately I deleted all my demos when I uninstalled UT :s. I'll ask llonewolf for serverside demos, in case he has access to the demos.

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
daniilgr

« Reply #161 on: Wed 23.01.2013 19:08:29 »

ok
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #162 on: Wed 23.01.2013 19:10:30 »

Good work, daniilgr! afrodd.gif

I'd really like to send you some demos but unfortunately I deleted all my demos when I uninstalled UT :s. I'll ask llonewolf for serverside demos, in case he has access to the demos.
Gathering demos is the hardest part! Wink

Mess with the best, die like the rest
RattleSN4K3

« Reply #163 on: Thu 24.01.2013 01:29:08 »

One word:
Refreshing

I like to see the community is still asking for improvements which keeps people busy  afrodd.gif
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #164 on: Thu 24.01.2013 19:31:26 »

...unfortunately I deleted all my demos when I uninstalled UT :s.

Could    i     say     ...     n00b     Grin (You know why i'm sure Wink )

I love this teaser daniilgr, i want to see this movie !!! hurry please ^^

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/devilinside-2230

"There is no knowledge, that is no power"
2kfromkaos

« Reply #165 on: Sun 27.01.2013 04:12:53 »

Thanks for the positive feedback. Now go make some movies! Wink

Link to MicroVids-63 (HD)
http://www.netload.in/dateivtuaK2KlJc/MicroVids-63.mkv.htm

Link to MicroVids-63 youtube

« Last Edit: Sun 27.01.2013 04:43:00 by 2kfromkaos »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #166 on: Sun 27.01.2013 14:46:04 »

MicroVids-63
Excellent! afrodd.gif

Xirios
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #167 on: Sun 27.01.2013 21:45:28 »

Can U create longer version? This short is very nice  smiley-ok.gif

Waiting for UT4 full version...
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #168 on: Tue 29.01.2013 19:31:40 »

+1

One question, i keep some old rypelcam.ini version 3.12, if i upgrade rcam to the version 3.15 & use this old rypelcam.ini version 3.12, will it work Vega?

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #169 on: Tue 29.01.2013 21:16:24 »

One question, i keep some old rypelcam.ini version 3.12, if i upgrade rcam to the version 3.15 & use this old rypelcam.ini version 3.12, will it work Vega?
You currently have the RCam 3.12 data saved in UTRypelCam.ini under the captions [RCam312.CamHUD] and [RCam312.CamControl].
If you switch to RypelCam 3.15, the captions [RCam315.CamHUD] and [RCam315.CamControl] will be added. No data from previous RCam versions will be modified or deleted. If you switch back to RCam 3.12, you can continue with your old projects.

Short: different RypelCam versions won't influence each other.

DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #170 on: Wed 30.01.2013 18:18:21 »

What a good news, thanks

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #171 on: Wed 30.01.2013 23:14:40 »

What a good news, thanks
// If you don't use timed path in RCam 3.15, just ignore. //

Now that you mentioned the UTRypelCam.ini, I found a possible problem with the newly introduced separate saving system and timed paths:
Load your saved cam path at the beginning of the demo to avoid any problems.
Otherwise, the start time for the timed path (= automatic camera speed) could possibly reset to zero.

Fixed it, camera path related data will all be saved into the same class in the next release of RypelCam.

Lord.

« Reply #172 on: Sat 09.02.2013 18:34:20 »

Very thanks for this job, its amazing the new version of rypelcam !

I need some question to creator. Are you Vegaskill the creator ?

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #173 on: Sat 09.02.2013 20:07:14 »

Thanks, Lord.

RypeL is the author of RypelCam (link to his forum profile).

Also RattleSN4K3 (forum profile) contributes to the development of RypelCam.

I'm involved in the development of the UT3 RypelCam since the RypelCam release 3.06.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #174 on: Sun 03.03.2013 20:56:08 »

RypelCam 3.16 is available! Download

With the main focus on performance, RypelCam 3.16 achieves good results with bigger projects. There is no more lag after creating new cam points, since the camera path processing was split from a single calculation to segmented calculations. The reduced extent of those calculations avoids crashes ('iteration out of bounds'), RypelCam runs stable up to the maximum of 800 cam points.

Also some UT3 specific requests here on the forum were implemented:
- correct first person weapons is shown in client demos
- Roll rotation for the camera in server demos. It is a nasty hack of the camera shake effect, but it works.
- wallhack showing player names (find it in the menu [R])
- start demo paused works for client demos & automatically closes UT3 menus

More about changes in the readme.
Feedback & requests are welcome.
« Last Edit: Mon 04.03.2013 12:46:27 by VegasKill »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #175 on: Tue 23.04.2013 11:31:05 »

Someone made a trainer tool for the UE3 game Tribes:Ascend, which allows to record player movements. It is possible to export/import those records and replay them almost like demorecordings.
These kind of replays could be useful in RCam... even if it is no real rewind. Maybe I'll continue the development of RCam soon due to this:

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #176 on: Sat 27.04.2013 10:44:14 »

My attempt to have a recording/playback feature with UnrealScript for UT3 should be in the repo, isn't it?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #177 on: Sat 27.04.2013 13:04:56 »

My attempt to have a recording/playback feature with UnrealScript for UT3 should be in the repo, isn't it?
Well, the latest state of the DemoRecorder is still this one: http://www.ut3darkclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1580.msg25340#msg25340

As you said, it was an attempt. I get 'devide by zero' in the log, only thing that happens is the player actors are hidden (what has nothing to do with the remaining code for the recording or playback of movements).

RecRecord(), RecPlay(optional float speed = 1), RecRewind(optional float speed = -1) have no effect.

Rattlesnake, please consider one advise: if you find your code working, please merge your changes to the trunk version of RCam. There are so many things in your branched version that make it impossible to overview the code. You turned 10 classes into 61, renamed most of Rypels code, added countless code examples from udn.com (which are never referenced by the remaining code in RCam) and start many experimental modifications without coming to a working version (Hermite interpolation, required to create a cam path).

Don't get this wrong, you have many great ideas, like the uiscene menu and the postprocessing shaders for example, and ofcourse the concept of rewinding via datalogging communication as used in the webadmin intface. It is just difficult for me to pick up your code and complete it to a working state.

My concept of a replay mode is a simple multiarray of a limited number of logged movements. When you want to playback them, the game pauses and the original characters are moved to their previous positions. A real rewind would be better witout doubt, but I really cannot build on top of your code in the current state, sorry.

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #178 on: Sat 27.04.2013 15:20:47 »

My concept of a replay mode is a simple multiarray of a limited number of logged movements. When you want to playback them, the game pauses and the original characters are moved to their previous positions. A real rewind would be better witout doubt, but I really cannot build on top of your code in the current state, sorry.
Would not work well without exceptions. One player (a pawn) is not persistent a match (death etc.) and the case a new hoverboard spawns each time the user switches to the board makes it more complex to move one player from point A to point B.

As you said, it was an attempt. I get 'devide by zero' in the log, only thing that happens is the player actors are hidden (what has nothing to do with the remaining code for the recording or playback of movements).

RecRecord(), RecPlay(optional float speed = 1), RecRewind(optional float speed = -1) have no effect.
This must be the port of my "attempt" as my "attempt" was a proof-of-concept which worked but needed to be optimized (dynamically spawn vehicles and apply properties and general interpolation). The other problem is the limitation of the array size (which increases rapidly if we log every actor).

Rattlesnake, please consider one advise: if you find your code working, please merge your changes to the trunk version of RCam. There are so many things in your branched version that make it impossible to overview the code. You turned 10 classes into 61, renamed most of Rypels code, added countless code examples from udn.com (which are never referenced by the remaining code in RCam) and start many experimental modifications without coming to a working version (Hermite interpolation, required to create a cam path).

The one version you're talking of is built on top of the stable version. And i migrated last updates to it (probably not the last at THIS time, must be 3.14 or something). And does not interfere anything RCam related. My attempt for a new/different interpolation mode was done to have a more flexible version for editing paths on runtime (with the need of a proper UIScene - -> Key framing in many video editing software (of matinee e.g.).

Long story short...
i think the POC of the recording method is not in the repo. Gonna check it...
« Last Edit: Sat 27.04.2013 15:22:28 by RattleSN4K3 »
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #179 on: Sat 27.04.2013 18:43:12 »

i think the POC of the recording method is not in the repo. Gonna check it...
Last commit regarding the DemoRecorder was on March 14 2012. Last time you mentioned it was here: http://www.ut3darkclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1670.msg26201#msg26201, not looking promising about that feature.

If you still made progress on this, you did not mention or commit it.

Would not work well without exceptions. One player (a pawn) is not persistent a match (death etc.) and the case a new hoverboard spawns each time the user switches to the board makes it more complex to move one player from point A to point B.
Sometimes it is better to ignore exceptions, if you reach the main target anyway. As long as there is no negative impact besides that there is no replay mode for single players... this is not supposed to be an accurate 'rewind' anyway, but just something to change some previously set cam points and improve the image range of the camera for a timed path.

Btw, pawns may not be persistent, but player alias are - even if they ride a hoverboard, you still can retrace the driver. So, work on progress, I'm positive about this one. afrodd.gif

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print

Jump to: