Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rypel Cam for UT3  (Read 65172 times)
RattleSN4K3

« Reply #180 on: Sat 27.04.2013 21:07:18 »

The repo for that specific version is up-to-date.

Btw, pawns may not be persistent, but player alias are - even if they ride a hoverboard, you still can retrace the driver. So, work on progress, I'm positive about this one. afrodd.gif
That's the same approach as I did.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #181 on: Sat 01.06.2013 00:09:56 »

RypelCam 3.17 for UT3 is released: http://rypelcam.ut3darkclan.com/

The main new feature is the so called replay mode, which keeps track of players and is able to replicate their movements.
This feature does not reach the accuracy of the regular demo playback. The current state is not suitable for video capturing, you'll have to do that in a separate production run. Rattlesnake carries on the work from here to update and improve this function.
I put the focus on making the replay mode compatible with the timed path mode, thus allowing to edit and preview a timed path on the fly without restarting the demo. It is possible to insert cam points at any stage of the camera path: there is a chronological order for cam points.
Further, you can delete any specific cam point by selectting it as viewtarget ('add' / 'subtract') and hit 'numpad 4'.

When you start rewinding with 'page down' or fastforward with 'page up', the time of the replay mode and some more infos will show up on-screen. Resume the demo playback by removing the pause.

Bug reports, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
CaptainFlaccid

« Reply #182 on: Wed 02.07.2014 06:00:28 »

Is there a way to enable dodge sounds and footstep sounds for all players, including the player you're currently viewing?  Can this be built into a future version of rypelcam?  I'm wanting to narrate some demos and being able to hear dodges and footstep sounds is important.  :)

Thanks,
-Captain
« Last Edit: Wed 02.07.2014 06:02:31 by CaptainFlaccid »

Steam: Neillithan | X-fire: Neillithan | Raptr: CaptainFlaccid
GalaxyPugs.com - The Competitive North American Unreal Tournament 3 Community
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #183 on: Wed 02.07.2014 19:29:32 »

Footsteps are missing only for the player you spectate in first person view. They very likely could be added with (& to) RypelCam. Dodge sounds may be more of a problem (aswell as sounds from pickups etc).

CaptainFlaccid

« Reply #184 on: Thu 03.07.2014 08:04:16 »

Footsteps are missing only for the player you spectate in first person view. They very likely could be added with (& to) RypelCam. Dodge sounds may be more of a problem (aswell as sounds from pickups etc).

Ah, I see.  We're getting ready to host a duel tourney in August.  If there's any way you could implement footstep and dodge sounds, that would be greatly appreciated.  I would give a shoutout to you guys during the shoutcasted videos.

CaptainFlaccid

« Reply #185 on: Thu 03.07.2014 13:42:06 »

Just curious.... you say it might be a problem... but does this mean it's possible?  What kinds of steps would you have to take to get it working?  Only reason I ask is because I think it's definitely worth pursuing.  I'd like to record demos, shoutcast them, then upload to youtube and host on galaxypugs... and being able to hear footstep sounds, dodge sounds, pickup sounds... would help with shoutcasting.  I would be able to predict player movements and talk about it during the video.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #186 on: Thu 03.07.2014 20:04:37 »

Footstep sounds play whenever a player is in a certain physics mode and moves, so it is simple to recreate in RypelCam. But it is not that simple to identify, when a player dodges or picks up an item.

I found a value: bool bDodging; // true while in air after dodging.
This value should be true while a player is dodging, so if it updates correctly, you could get the dodge sound aswell.

Edit: oh, well. bDodging does not turn true when a player dodges in a demo. ...many variables only update for locally controlled players. I can't tell you yet, whether I can get dodge sounds to work.
« Last Edit: Thu 03.07.2014 20:20:46 by VegasKill »

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #187 on: Thu 03.07.2014 21:37:18 »

Isn't the dodge sound already replicated and played in demos? Or is it not working in first person?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #188 on: Thu 03.07.2014 22:33:41 »

Not working at all in (server-)demos. I'm pretty sure you could hear other players dodge sounds when you played a match online or spectated one, though.
Just playing a sound based on the physics state + velocity won't work out for dodging. Any suggestions, Rattle?

UTPawn doesn't update any variables like bDodging, MultiDodgeRemaining or anything related to UpdateEyeHeight().

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #189 on: Thu 03.07.2014 23:55:20 »

The dodge sound is only replicated to non-owning clients.

The only thing which is replicated is the actual sound cue. That one is pooled into a AmbientComponent (AC).

Take a look at PlayerController::ClientHearSound. But that one wouldn't be filled if the dodge sound was out of reach (due to occlusion). But if the sound is stored in a AC, it should be played in the demo.

Playing the sound  based on phys state + velocity is the only method but it might not work for custom servers where the dodge speed is changed. Strange that dodging is not replicated (at least for visual effect it could have been down to fix this "crouch dodge" clientsided).
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #190 on: Fri 04.07.2014 11:43:40 »

Playing the sound  based on phys state + velocity is the only method
How to know whether the player isn't jumping from the hoverboard, jumppad, vehicle selfdestruct or gets kicked through the arena from shock rifle hits, as these examples all may fulfill the physics and velocity requirements?

Is it possible to read the active player animations from somewhere?

RattleSN4K3

« Reply #191 on: Fri 04.07.2014 16:11:08 »

Playing the sound  based on phys state + velocity is the only method
How to know whether the player isn't jumping from the hoverboard, jumppad, vehicle selfdestruct or gets kicked through the arena from shock rifle hits, as these examples all may fulfill the physics and velocity requirements?

Velocity is replicated. So it should be a valid check in demo playback. Once it changes, you need to track the difference from the previous value. You would need to calclute the value back based on the formula for dodge.
Code:
VelocityZ = Velocity.Z;
Velocity = DodgeSpeed*Dir + (Velocity Dot Cross)*Cross;

if ( VelocityZ < -200 )
Velocity.Z = VelocityZ + DodgeSpeedZ;
else
Velocity.Z = DodgeSpeedZ;

You would need to calculate DodgeSpeed and compare that with the stock value if it's nearby.

Is it possible to read the active player animations from somewhere?
The animations are done based on the velocity when the player is in a specific state. These are done by the anim tree.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #192 on: Fri 04.07.2014 21:41:04 »

The animations are done based on the velocity when the player is in a specific state. These are done by the anim tree.
There are jumping/doublejumping/landing animations, nothing directly related to dodging. So, velocity it is. Lets see if false triggers can be avoided but dodges still be detected.

Unseenteeth

« Reply #193 on: Mon 07.07.2014 20:30:04 »

Hey guys!

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'm just gonna leave it here and hope for the best.

I'm working on an unreal engine game called "Depth" which is all about sharks (our website is currently being refurbished, but you can check out some info on the game on  our indie-db page

Long story short... We have heard some really good things about Rypel cam (specifically from some friends of mine at Tripwire Interactive who have used it before when filming trailers for Red Orchestra 2).  I'm wondering if I could get in touch with the folk(s)  who are responsible for creating Rypel cam and discuss what it would take to get the code integrated with Depth.   It would sure be a pretty cool tool to have in our game and I think it would let us get some gory shots of Divers being eaten by sharks :)

You can reach me at alex@depthgame.com

Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: Mon 07.07.2014 20:31:21 by Unseenteeth »
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #194 on: Tue 08.07.2014 11:48:17 »

Hi and welcome to the forums, Unseenteeth!

You can check your mailbox.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #195 on: Sat 09.08.2014 17:27:34 »

If there's any way you could implement footstep and dodge sounds, that would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure if you received it - please check your mail or forum pm.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: