Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Life after DoS  (Read 9750 times)
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« on: Mon 10.01.2011 20:11:41 »

So, for those who don't know, PARADOX abandonned UT3, and so did 2 of DoS servers, leaving one behind to BetoneeR, and also the clan itself.
As it comes to vCTF (european) community, it's all down to Jolt, DoS and The Last server. (for some lucky guys, there are some really cool russian servers)

Well, i personally hate Jolt maplist. MTV promised me he would put stinger mutator again... like 3 or 4 weeks ago. Not to mention the 1-map cycle, which allows everyone to vote shoebox, anarchyhalls, arena, shoebox, anarchy... and most recently: ATARI TANK edited! omg. It's a mix between Suspense and Shoebox.

DoS is laggy as shit for many guys, and the maplist is also nothing special. (i'm banned from The Last Grin)

So we Fick and some other guys think we'll try to make one last extreme effort to bring this community back a bit. Everyone has DoS and Jolt as their fav servers cuz... well, it's like routine. So what our clan was thinking is to rent a new good server and make it public. This is only the main idea, nothing's done yet, we're still making some tests, also discussing prices, and then we'll see what we can do. This communtiy also lacks of good admins, and tbh PARADOX was one of the best admins around.

I know some of you think it's a pain in the ass registering in new forums, but i'd like you to do so on Fick forum and check this thread:

http://www.plusq.de/fickforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=169&start=0&sid=4d383ce5d1672c2a4ee6131dab89f108

Fick forum website is on my sign.

I'm also a bit "sacred" if i made Ltan's words not exactly wnat he wanted.. so if you have any doubt, talk to him Grin

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
l3oomer
Godlike Member

« Reply #1 on: Mon 10.01.2011 20:20:41 »

yes, please come by and let us know what are your opinions about this matter please. Maybe some will be really helpful, regarding server location, maplist, mutators, max number of slots, and everything else.

You'll be welcomed for sure.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Mon 10.01.2011 20:22:07 »

+The new Jolt server is more laggy than the last year's.
+Sorry for DOS. And Betoneer as admin now??
+TheLast server leads players to crash. The 'zombie characters' remain in game, if you rejoin, you can kill yourself. You'll end up with many 'player1204', 'player345',... in the socreboard - Kind of irritating.

I wish you success with that, the Fiick mappers surely could create a decent map list. afrodd.gif
« Last Edit: Mon 10.01.2011 20:54:56 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #3 on: Mon 10.01.2011 20:39:46 »

I wish u have success...jolt became laggy and annoying! Will register tomorrow

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
Klep
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Mon 10.01.2011 20:43:13 »

I also hope that this idea will be realized. I will write more on your forum asap.
Gabry
Multikill Member

« Reply #5 on: Mon 10.01.2011 21:25:55 »

yea, too bad DoS died..this started from internal/forum conflicts and some ppl leaving the clan too..anyway i would say a BIG thank to PARADOX for all what he did, especially for providing all us more servers and keep vctf community alive.. R.I.P. Embarrassed

Smile, tomorrow will be worse..
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Mon 10.01.2011 21:28:40 »

I never liked DoS tbh. Shitty maps and lowskilled players most of the time. Jolt has better players but since its ANARCHY, FEELGOOD, SHOEBOX and other shit only, I refuse to play there. Actually I'd say safe the money and keep playing on jolt. But on the other hand I'd like to see a new server to play on, although I can't promise to support you with playing on it  Grin

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
l3oomer
Godlike Member

« Reply #7 on: Mon 10.01.2011 21:37:50 »

Jolt has better players but since its ANARCHY, FEELGOOD, SHOEBOX and other shit only, I refuse to play there. keep playing on jolt.

We feel the same way as you do, why would we want to keep playing on Jolt if it's only that shit map cycle
?
DarkHunteR
Multikill Member

« Reply #8 on: Mon 10.01.2011 22:21:53 »

regarding server location, maplist, mutators, max number of slots, and everything else.

germany or london ,but germany is the best for me ........u know the maplist i think <3......ns\NOSTINGER...... idontcare.... :D
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

Teamplay Ressurection Gang

« Reply #9 on: Wed 12.01.2011 12:44:50 »

I'm also a bit "sacred" if i made Ltan's words not exactly wnat he wanted.. so if you have any doubt, talk to him Grin
xxxlaugh.gif As if you were trying to do things the way I want, fcb...  xxxras.gif

Just want to mention our Fick Forum is very small and inappropriate for such a major vCTF community discussion, but you're welcome anyway. Smiley
(And I sort out accounts by hand, so you'd have to use your UT3 nickname)

The discussion about the future of the DoS server is still ongoing on the DoS Forums, the public server concept I suggest can be found here.
« Last Edit: Wed 12.01.2011 12:49:25 by DeineLtan »

DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #10 on: Thu 13.01.2011 20:56:16 »

Just an idea...bkrt have also a server (which isnt popular atm  Embarrassed )

maybe u can work together with them...and create more than 1 server...ofc just when they want^^

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Thu 13.01.2011 21:18:41 »

"A good server for max 13€/month"? That would end up in a 10 slot private Fick Clan server. There are enough empty clan servers who just wait for someone to join ...save the money and cooperate with some clan like sev said.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #12 on: Thu 13.01.2011 21:38:37 »

Hey Marine !!!!  xxxlaugh.gif  msn012.gif
OMG i agree with you at 100% joacfcbfgt ^^' i hate spawnskill map like Anarshit... but it's the only way to make come people on our server because it's easier to kill in this kind of map for n00b  Grin

So, we can use my server boomer, pm me here if you want to talk about that  msn012.gif
I can give power to Wojci for the server UT3 whistle if he wants & know how works the webadmin...
« Last Edit: Thu 13.01.2011 21:44:46 by DEVIL_77 »

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/devilinside-2230

"There is no knowledge, that is no power"
l3oomer
Godlike Member

« Reply #13 on: Thu 13.01.2011 22:05:05 »

i've used webadmin before, it's quite simple.
As for the shared server with the frenchies  msn011.gif, well i like the idea of that, because you are all skilled and anti spam map players like we are, we share same ideas and thoughts mainly, but you know eltan, he always asks for some tweaks  Grin
We'll talk about that internally very quickly i think we can give you an answer pretty soon devil.
Cya,
 keep unreal
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #14 on: Thu 13.01.2011 22:06:47 »

Hurajjjjjjj!!!! Pm him boomer server has a good ping,much maps and we can make him popular! ...@Devil ofc spammaps sux but atm they are needed to get all the bobs in the server (maybe anarchy plus one more spammap would be enough and ofc some great costumemaps like andromeda or electro xD)

l3oomer
Godlike Member

« Reply #15 on: Thu 13.01.2011 22:10:58 »

all the bobs
xxxw00t.gif

Yes i've played on their server sometimes with them, and i had pretty good ping, 70 with 10+ players, nice map cycle and all. guys we can make an agreement here and save vCTF.
CAN WE GET A WOOP WOOP?  hailing.gif
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #16 on: Thu 13.01.2011 22:30:47 »

IP?

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #17 on: Fri 14.01.2011 07:04:39 »

Check devils signature :)

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #18 on: Fri 14.01.2011 07:55:34 »

@Deadly:
It's pretty much the only requirement I have: NO SPAM-ONLY MAPS.
No AnarchyHalls, no FeelGoodInc and no Shoebox. Even Skyscraper doesn't support any teamplay, but since its also so popular that would be the only exception to allow.

Making an innovative and teamplay favoring maplist, that's my goal.
Teamplay only = OK
Spam + teamplay options = OK
spam only = NO WAY

@Devil:
Sounds great your proposal! THX a lot,
wouldn't be first time Bk.rT did something great for Fick (like Zmei introduced me to SirQ for example). Last time we were training on your server there were some bad lags but if it would work as public and clan server where even our Portuguese homies can play: perfect!
I've saved your TS IP already but it says "Enter Password." Send it to me by pm or whatever and we can start to sit together.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Fri 14.01.2011 07:59:58 by DeineLtan »

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #19 on: Fri 14.01.2011 08:56:52 »

@Deadly:
It's pretty much the only requirement I have: NO SPAM-ONLY MAPS.
No AnarchyHalls, no FeelGoodInc and no Shoebox. Even Skyscraper doesn't support much teamplay, but since its also so popular that would be the only exception to allow.

Making an innovative and teamplay favoring maplist, that's my goal.
Teamplay only = OK
Spam + teamplay options = OK
spam only = NO WAY

@Devil:
Sounds great your proposal! THX a lot,
wouldn't be first time Bk.rT did something great for Fick (like Zmei introduced me to SirQ for example). Last time we were training on your server there were some bad lags but if it would work as public and clan server where even our Portuguese homies can play: perfect!
I've saved your TS IP already but it says "Enter Password." Send it to me by pm or whatever and we can start to sit together.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: