Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which other games are you playing?  (Read 8610 times)
JohanLule
Doublekill Member

« on: Sat 05.02.2011 01:26:27 »

Since we all know that UT3 is pretty dead nowadays, I am curious on which other games you play atm. Because Im guessing that's the reason everyone is quite inactive in UT3 msn012.gif or is it something else?
« Last Edit: Sat 05.02.2011 01:46:57 by JohanLule »
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Sat 05.02.2011 08:59:29 »

I'm playing the Witcher: Enhanced Edition atm. Brilliant RPG, great characters, NON-LINEAR gameplay, some pretty fresh gameplay mechanics... I'm having a blast.

*cheers

DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Sat 05.02.2011 11:42:40 »

Ah come on martini u just like the ingame chicks! But its true every rpg fan should play this, i started it one year ago and i just have to finish the last missi, but i am still too lazy

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Sat 05.02.2011 13:06:59 »

I play borderlands. Now I know what M4rt1ni meant with weak end boss - he didn't even try to hit me until I had emptied the 8 lousy smg magazines. I hoped to enter the vault portal or something, but the ending credits followed. ...Should have done more side quests.

The add on is pretty challenging for my (minimum required) level 35 hunter (Sniper vs ninjas.), but there is lots of enjoyable new content. Finally a game to take use of the 460gtx's performance reserves. afrodd.gif

...and yes, a good single player game roxxx more than a buggy multiplayer.
But just for a week or two. Azn
« Last Edit: Sat 05.02.2011 13:17:41 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Sat 05.02.2011 13:49:10 »

I have several games I try to play, UT3 is still among them. I've played a lot of JC2 since I got the eyefinity setup, but now I'm done with it. I also occasionally play Minecraft too. Dead Space, Metro 2033, GTAIV should be next. Later on DA2, DX:HR and Crysis 2.  afrodd.gif

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Sat 05.02.2011 15:04:35 »

I'm waiting for Dead Space 2. Unfortunately I have to wait till march... THX GERMANY!

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #6 on: Sat 05.02.2011 17:06:15 »

I play borderlands. Now I know what M4rt1ni meant with weak end boss - he didn't even try to hit me until I had emptied the 8 lousy smg magazines. I hoped to enter the vault portal or something, but the ending credits followed. ...Should have done more side quests.

The add on is pretty challenging for my (minimum required) level 35 hunter (Sniper vs ninjas.), but there is lots of enjoyable new content. Finally a game to take use of the 460gtx's performance reserves. afrodd.gif

...and yes, a good single player game roxxx more than a buggy multiplayer.
But just for a week or two. Azn

Yeah, the end-boss sucked in the first game.
I've played this with Arcane(which was really fun) and the dlc's as well(except Moxxi, heard it sucked).

The zombie island dlc is good if you like killing zombie's and it's just pure fun, no real story going on there. Short but fun.

The Knoxx dlc was the best DLC and I think better than the original game. Great enemies, loved the new terrains and vehicles, intresting story, it was long, lvl cap raised and awesome weapons.
You have no idea how many times me and Arcane did the end boss for the weapons, also did the "hidden" boss Crawmerax(which normally takes 4 people to beat) several times. He gets easy after a while tongue, certainly if you are using Siren(the woman).

Now the last DLC, the one with all the claptraps was the worst DLC evah!
It was so short, the enemies were so easy(could be because we had the best weapons from the Knoxx DLC after doing those runs so many times) and the story sucked as well.

You can say that Borderlands was funny and the DLC's kept that going, but with the claptrap one I didn't even have a smile on my face. Wouldn't recommend buying the last one, only the zombie and Knoxx are good.

Games I'm playing now:
Recently started playing Counter-strike: Source again. Just missed it and I stopped playing because I got bored of it. Also a bit of TF2, Quake Live(free game), GTAIV and Teeworlds(free game).
Started playing Red Faction: Guerrilla and Prince Of Persia(the cartoon one) but lost interest. Maybe try again when I'm bored and have no other games left tongue.

Dead Space 2 looks like a decent game for people liking that genre, but I'm not that type of guy. Not that really into Horror games and certainly not in space tongue. Except Doom, cause that one is a classic and one of my first games. Also FEAR is a good game(hoping FEAR3 will not suck).

Games I'm really going to play this year:
Bulletstorm
Mortal Kombat
Crysis 2(not too sure about this one)
Portal 2
Duke Nukem: Forever
FEAR 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Witcher 2(looks like a good game, never played the first one)
Brink maybe, gonna have to see how that one turns out

So yea, 2011 is a great year for gamers xxxw00t.gif.

tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #7 on: Sat 05.02.2011 17:55:17 »

UT3 and SC2 mostly and sometimes a bit call of, dragon age, nfs...

But ftm im on "studying 2011 forever", pretty hardcore game...

and for this year im waiting dragon age2, portal2 and brink mainly...
for next year Diablo III
then for next next next next neeeeeeext yeaaaaarrr UT4 xD

Klep
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #8 on: Mon 07.02.2011 12:55:00 »

I'm playing the Witcher: Enhanced Edition atm. Brilliant RPG, great characters, NON-LINEAR gameplay, some pretty fresh gameplay mechanics... I'm having a blast.

Yeah, Witcher is amazing game, cannot wait for 2. You forget to add it has really good dialogs, like from a movies or books, not boring and really makes you wanna hear them all. Btw you should read a book, it's first league fantasy - by Andrzej Sapkowski, polish writer. There is also Witcher the movie (total shit) and TV Series (quite good, but boring at times).

I'm waiting for Dead Space 2. Unfortunately I have to wait till march... THX GERMANY!

I already got it, great atmosphere, beautiful graphics and if you like horror like games this is for you :)

I play now also SC2, Dragon Age and UT3. I am waiting for:
FEAR 3
Diablo 3 (OMG)
Duke Nukem Forever (OMG)
Doom 4
Mass Effect 3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
And ofc next UT
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #9 on: Mon 07.02.2011 15:00:51 »

Yeah, Witcher is amazing game, cannot wait for 2. You forget to add it has really good dialogs, like from a movies or books, not boring and really makes you wanna hear them all. Btw you should read a book, it's first league fantasy - by Andrzej Sapkowski, polish writer. There is also Witcher the movie (total shit) and TV Series (quite good, but boring at times).

Yeah, you're absolutely right, the writing in the game is really good. Every character in that game is important. None of them are absolutely black or white (meaning purely GOOD or EVIL). Everyone has their own motives and reasons for their actions and it depends on your perspective whether you consider them to be evil or good. Another big plus is that you deal with many of the NPCs in numerous quests and they change in the same way you do, affected by your actions that leave real consequences on the story.

Bah, I'm rambling too much... if you didn't, just play the damn game.

As to the novels by Sapkowski, I read some of them long-long time ago. Some of Geralt's stories were like "OMFG" this is so brilliant" some of them I found to be a bit too predictable.

tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #10 on: Mon 07.02.2011 17:42:53 »

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

indeed i forget it, for the next next year ^^

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #11 on: Tue 08.02.2011 12:13:23 »

I don't know about Elder Scrolls, I've played the IV(Oblivion) and didn't really enjoy it.
The fighting seems a bit stiff and you don't have many options, also the spell use was strange to me(been a long time since I played it, can't really explain it anymore).
Also confused about how to get extra spells and stuff like that.

Then I played Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic and that one I enjoyed greatly. The fighting and spell use was much better there, but it wasn't in a open world.
Hoping it will be better in Elder Scrolls V, then I'll play it Smiley.

tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #12 on: Tue 08.02.2011 19:23:23 »

I disagree, I really had fun on Oblivion.

I liked the level-up system, more you use a weapon or a kind of spells, more you're strong in it (logic isnt it?).
I dont remember very well but to get new spells you had to buy your teaching or smth like that no?
And at the end u could create your own spells... pretty fun ^^

So personally i would like to see the same kind of system =)

(never played Dark Messiah ^^')

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #13 on: Wed 09.02.2011 00:08:56 »

Don't have a problem with the leveling up and getting stronger.
I don't like it that you don't have many options with the sword.

Discovered this weird game:

On wiki it saids that it's a fighting game with animals, looks funny but strange at the same time.

DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #14 on: Wed 09.02.2011 14:05:09 »

I have played dark messiah and its much better than oblivian in my eyes! Can jus recommend this game!

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #15 on: Wed 09.02.2011 15:45:25 »

I have played dark messiah and its much better than oblivian in my eyes! Can jus recommend this game!

Yea, I agree Grin.
Just love the fact you can freeze people and just kick them to pieces.
Or shrink them and watch them run around screaming in a girlie voice :D.

It's a good game, hope they make more games. It runs on Source engine(HL2, CS:S, TF2, ...):

RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #16 on: Wed 09.02.2011 18:09:48 »

How cute you can shoot a lighter fire with your forefinger.  msn012.gif

I played Enclave. And really liked it. I started playing Dark Messiah too, but did not continue after like an hour or so.

Let's Play Enclave (Playlist)
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6742DF5EB83F60A3
Let's Play Enclave
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #17 on: Thu 10.02.2011 03:02:40 »

Dark Messiah was a fun game to run through, but it was mostly just a an action adventure in the land of spike racks without a proper plot or rpg elements. Oblivion on the other hand was much more of an RPG, but I just couldn't stand the the console interface and cheesy dialogue and characters. The game had a lot of other faults too but most of those could be modded out. I'm really hoping Elder Scrolls V will be a better game.

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #18 on: Fri 11.02.2011 08:44:50 »

I have some another games in my conditions, like:

1) "Imperceptible runaway" - run from your commanders and hide somewhere without them paying attention. With failure you can get a punishment, which may consist of waking at 2 or 4 in the night or staying 1 day longer in the base when you should go home. No save/load

2) "A sweet on the tongue" - messing around a dining room try to steal some sweet kakao or a bunch of yogurts. After successful fulfillment of your aim you can enjoy the rewards. Not many punishments available, it's just hard to get them - the metal door closing them is a bit annoying  Roll Eyes

3) "Take a sit 3" - a hardcore game for soldiers, who get released home at Friday morning. In case the train doesn't work (it happened already 3 times, if not more), all 100500 soldiers have to get on the buses. The goal is to put your huge bag into the luggage room and be quick and rude (pushing all other noobs and get pushed back) to get a sit in the bus. This can cause pains and more. Reward - getting home faster. In case of failure you just wait another 20-30 minutes and try again.

What do you say? Do you want to play a game? Crazysmile1
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #19 on: Sat 12.02.2011 10:10:52 »

Crysis 2 got leaked onto the internet since yesterday or so, something like that hasn't happened since HL2(don't know if you can remember that, they sued the guy who retrieved it and put it online.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2#Leak

This leak of Crysis 2 is kinda like a beta, this leak includes the full SP, MP and the "DRM Solidshield master key"-files for online activation(in other words, no need to search for a crack anymore to play online).

Can you imagine Crytek's response now? It wouldn't surprise me if the game would get pushed back to fix the damage(atleast for the PC).

People who have downloaded it and played it say that there are still a lot of problems => crashes, freezes, memory leakes, ...
Some are convinced that Crytek did this on purpose to catch the people downloading this, sometimes companies behind movies put a movie on the torrentsites so that people would download them. Then they have the IP's, track the people down and sue them(this is only possible in a few countries, US being one of them. I know for a fact that as a Belgium I'm secure).

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: