Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crysis 2  (Read 7093 times)
Klep
Dark Clan Member

« on: Fri 04.03.2011 16:04:34 »

I've just downloaded and played Crisis 2 demo. It is looking really nice. There are 2 maps available for multiplayer with several different game types. Nano suits modifications and players classes are limited in demo but they already look very promising. Game is quite arcade-like, fast with little place to hide. I like it. I think I will buy it when it comes out in stores 22 March (25 in Poland). Check it out, I hope it will be worthy FPS multiplayer frag scene.

Some random gameplay from demo map Skyline:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZXnQoloIU&oref=http://www.youtube.com/results%3Fsearch_query%3Dcrisis%2B2%2Bdemo%2Bpc%26aq%3D6&has_verified=1

Download: http://www.mycrysis.com/
« Last Edit: Fri 04.03.2011 18:26:42 by Bloody.Bender »
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Fri 04.03.2011 20:32:35 »

Looks cool! Pity i'll never play it actually  msn011.gif
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #2 on: Fri 04.03.2011 21:46:26 »

Lol, did you play the first one?
I thought the first one sucked, for me it was a benchmark-game.
The story and gameplay just sucked big time, wasn't even impressed with the graphics.

They already started failing on the second one.

No extensive graphical settings, account creating issues, input settings are pathetic as well.
In the beginning, they promised it to be still a fullly supported PC-game with Directx11.

Now they said that the game will be released running on directx9 for the PC!!!!!
So with that you know enough that they went full console and just ported it, since consoles only support directx9. They said that later on a patch will be released that will upgrade it to directx11, bit too late for that huh...

Not worth the money, enough people disappointed after playing the demo.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #3 on: Fri 04.03.2011 23:01:46 »

Thanks Assassin! Now I read that several times and changed my mind. I don't think I'll get Crysis 2 :>

So bulletstorm and Crysis 2 are Multiplayerfailgames.

Lets hope Brink will be any good =)

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #4 on: Sat 05.03.2011 00:07:50 »

NP, but dunno if we share the same opinion.
Because you like to play COD(atleast I thought you did), Crysis 2 MP is like that but with the powers.

It can be fun, but it needs more variation in my eyes. And needs to be more realistic(talking about recoil and such). But I say the same thing about COD, guess I'm just a Counter-Strike kinda guy Smiley.

Now I've been able to test it out with those new settings(mouse acceleration off, bloom off, ...) and it looks so much better. Feels better as well, just hate it that they assume that the PC doesn't need many options to change.

Wouldn't call Bulletstorm a MPfailgame. The SP is good and fun, the MP is just Co-op horde and can be really fun if you play with the right people. But did people really expect a competitive MP for Bulletstorm? Because that wouldn't really fit, if you get chained(which is quite easy) you are fucked or drilled.

Don't know about Brink, seemed good when they announced it but the gameplay I've seen so far didn't impress me.

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Sat 05.03.2011 00:15:34 »

But did people really expect a competitive MP for Bulletstorm?

Nobody expected Painkiller to be included at CPL 5 or so years ago. And since the game was basically done by the same guys I can imagine some ppl might have had high hopes for Bullestorm in terms of competitive play. That hopes of course vanished the instant I saw the first gameplay videos.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Sat 05.03.2011 07:56:44 »

I didn't rly like COD much. I only played it because it was active Tongue

However, I'm looking for a game wich has a tournament based (skillbased) multiplayer and bulletstorm doesn't have that. Crysis 2 looks a bit better than COD tbh. But the problems you mentioned are reason enough for me to not get it. Even if it was playable, but to release a game like that and get money for it is just ridiculous.

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #7 on: Sat 05.03.2011 11:53:21 »

so play Battlefield 3  Cool

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #8 on: Sat 05.03.2011 11:54:01 »

more gameplay

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #9 on: Sat 05.03.2011 12:25:28 »

I didn't rly like COD much. I only played it because it was active Tongue

However, I'm looking for a game wich has a tournament based (skillbased)

Other than Qlive I don't think you have much to choose from.

tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #10 on: Sat 05.03.2011 12:29:33 »

so play Battlefield 3  Cool

so wait for Brink !  msn012.gif

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #11 on: Sat 05.03.2011 12:41:00 »

so wait for Brink !  msn012.gif

competitive play in Brink? I don't think so sir.

l3oomer
Godlike Member

« Reply #12 on: Sat 05.03.2011 13:15:01 »

more gameplay

msn008.gif msn008.gif msn008.gif msn008.gif wooooooooooow... amazing, the sound effects made me piss my pants (rpg in the end). this is the way to go afrodd.gif
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #13 on: Sat 05.03.2011 13:35:58 »

Other than Qlive I don't think you have much to choose from.

well yeah I'm playing QL already but I'm not motivated to train it :D

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #14 on: Sat 05.03.2011 14:10:46 »

Lol, I'm already trained. Sort off tongue. Since Quake Live = Quake 3.

I've been playing Quake games since the first one came out, that takes me back.
Think I was around 7 years old or so when playing Quake 2 on LAN with my brothers. Good times.
Heck even my sis joined in on the fun. Same with CS, GTA and MK tongue.

Only played Quake 3 a few times, by then I switched to Counter-Strike.
I've played a lot of franchises their first game xxxlaugh.gif.
Makes me feel old even though I'm only 19 xxxlaugh.gif, amazing how much graphics have grown. From Wolfenstein 3D to Doom to Quake to Half-Life. Been with all these gaming franchises, could name more before Wolfenstein but I don't remember them. Was way too young tongue

I'm not a Battlefield kinda guy, had a lil fun flying those airplanes and helicopters in Battlefield 2. But that's it tongue. Been looking at vids of Brink. It looks decent but you rely so much on your teammates and that is almost impossible for public matches. I thought that it might be possible but I've been playing too many games where you depend on your teammates and it just doesn't work out. Could be wrong, time to find out when it gets released.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #15 on: Sat 05.03.2011 14:13:46 »

First videos of Brink looked rly good. Fast gameplay, nice movement and more. But now they slowed down the gamespeed cause of the fuckin consolenoobs...

tyrwot
Multikill Member

« Reply #16 on: Sat 05.03.2011 14:16:27 »

competitive play in Brink? I don't think so sir.

honestly i don't know,
im a bit scared about the available mods on multi.
But, well, great moving, weapons, and teamplay, thats all i want !

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #17 on: Sat 09.04.2011 22:30:34 »

I'm done with Crysis 2. Not as good as the original but still a great game. Now waiting for Portal 2...

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #18 on: Sun 10.04.2011 00:58:54 »

Portal 2 is gonna be awesome!

Hoping I can find some decent Co-op people to play the Co-op part, enough kids online...

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #19 on: Sun 10.04.2011 09:23:25 »

Portal 2 is gonna be awesome!

Hoping I can find some decent Co-op people to play the Co-op part, enough kids online...

No worries there will be plenty of ppl buying it. I'm just about to get the two-pack for me and one of my buddies.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print

Jump to: