Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 4202 times)
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« on: Tue 12.04.2011 13:35:21 »

I bought the Portal 2 two-pack and it came with 2 free copies of Portal 1.

If anyone wants them reply in this thread or send me a PM with your Steam name.
« Last Edit: Tue 12.04.2011 13:36:52 by m4rt1ni »

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #1 on: Fri 15.04.2011 15:04:35 »

I don't know if people here are following events that have happened around Portal 2 or check out the store on Steam.

But recently, a game pack came on there named "The Potato Sack". This included 13 indie games(including Super Meat Boy and The Ball(One of those test games made by with UDK on UE3)) and within these games you had levels in the same style of Portal or the Portal Gun or something else. Now there were several clues hidden in these games, with it numbers that seemed to be coordinates in the Netherlands. Someone that lived near decided to go and take a look unknowing that someone from Valve was there filming him:

You can see in the vid what he found: a potato sack and some other clues.
This lead to a counter which will end in about 2 hours. The clues lead to an early release but it could be something else as well. Maybe a new announcement.

http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/

Now tell me, how awesome is Valve? Smiley

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Fri 15.04.2011 18:42:58 »

Very  Cool

U got it preordered, assassin?

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #3 on: Sat 16.04.2011 00:09:42 »

Yea on Steam, already downloaded. Just waiting for the release date so it gets unlocked Smiley.

Now, the timer ended and most people thought this would unlock the game.
But it's a bit different. It's still possible for an early release but a lot of work needs to be done.

The games in that Potato Pack needs to be played a lot by everyone so that the bars fill up. It's not known what increases the bar, according to some it has to do with playing the Portal levels and such included in those games and collecting potatoes.

http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

http://hasportal2launchedyet.com/

So for the moment, the main bar is 10% done and at this rate we'll have the game about 14 hours sooner than the original release date. In the beginning it was only 9 hours, so it's rising quickly.

Klep
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Mon 25.04.2011 13:08:19 »

Now there were several clues hidden in these games, with it numbers that seemed to be coordinates in the Netherlands. Someone that lived near decided to go and take a look unknowing that someone from Valve was there filming him:

Lol
Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #5 on: Mon 02.05.2011 21:38:02 »

I am not sure, they seem to have a great reputation, but I have played two games of them now (Left 4 Dead and Portal2) and I think while these games are good, they are pretty overrated.

Left 4 Dead is so simple that as a UT3 gamer, I feel like I can play this game with one hand easily.
Portal 2...I dunno, the game is fun, but is this really a "game of the year"? There seems to be only one solution for most riddles, the levels look very sterile (I know that's the style of the game but if you are running through similar, empty levels all the time, it gets tiresome)and while I enjoy much of the humour, sometimes the voices are just plain annoying...

Just my 2 cents.
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Mon 02.05.2011 22:09:35 »

Left 4 Dead is so simple that as a UT3 gamer, I feel like I can play this game with one hand easily.

my answer to this is: EXPERT REALISM. If you beat the game on that mode, hands down to you Sir. It took me an awful lot of time to beat it on that mode and it was anything but easy.

Portal 2...I dunno, the game is fun, but is this really a "game of the year"? There seems to be only one solution for most riddles, the levels look very sterile (I know that's the style of the game but if you are running through similar, empty levels all the time, it gets tiresome)and while I enjoy much of the humour, sometimes the voices are just plain annoying...

While I agree it's proly not a GOTY the coop part was one of the best I had in years. I actually beat the coop part first and still have not finished the single player. I find Wheatley annoying as well, Glados is hilarious though...

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Mon 02.05.2011 23:43:46 »

I didn't pay too much attention at portal 2, but it was interesting to 'think with portals' in the first part. ...the cake is a lie. not Wink

Mess with the best, die like the rest
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #8 on: Tue 03.05.2011 09:01:01 »

I am not sure, they seem to have a great reputation, but I have played two games of them now (Left 4 Dead and Portal2) and I think while these games are good, they are pretty overrated.

Just my 2 cents.

Not Half-Life?
I think the Half-Life games are their best, I'm not a fan of Left 4 Dead.

I liked Portal 2 very much: screwing around with portals and the humor you have coming from Glados.
Still have to finish co-op, hoping it's good.
BTW Valve announced DLC due for release in the summer, it's gonna be free for every platform and will add new maps for SP and MP, Challenge mode and more.

Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #9 on: Tue 03.05.2011 18:34:53 »

my answer to this is: EXPERT REALISM. If you beat the game on that mode, hands down to you Sir. It took me an awful lot of time to beat it on that mode and it was anything but easy.

I didn't mean to critisize the difficulty of the game, but rather the (missing) complexity.
After playing L4D for 30 minutes, you have seen pretty much the whole game.

While I agree it's proly not a GOTY the coop part was one of the best I had in years. I actually beat the coop part first and still have not finished the single player. I find Wheatley annoying as well, Glados is hilarious though...

True, Glados is definitely fun.
I haven't tried coop yet, I want to finish single player first...
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #10 on: Tue 03.05.2011 21:39:30 »

I didn't mean to critisize the difficulty of the game, but rather the (missing) complexity.
After playing L4D for 30 minutes, you have seen pretty much the whole game.

True, Glados is definitely fun.
I haven't tried coop yet, I want to finish single player first...

and your steam ID is...?

Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #11 on: Wed 04.05.2011 20:56:14 »

and your steam ID is...?

M0rdsspass (with a zero instead of an o), I am a steam noob, so I have no idea how things are working. I think your's is m4rtini, right? I will try to figure out how to add you.

Btw, finished Portal 2 now, it was pretty fun overall  afrodd.gif
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #12 on: Tue 17.05.2011 22:23:21 »

I want to publicly thank my Partner in Science a.k.a. Mordsspass for beating Portal 2 coop with me  afrodd.gif Crazysmile1 good job mate!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: