Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RCam discussion & Feature requests  (Read 12576 times)
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #20 on: Thu 01.09.2011 01:36:53 »

Thanks for your answers RattleSN4K3 & Vega

I'm too dangerous with an avril, be careful  Grin
Well... i have a "bug" screen on this demo with or without the rcam...
I don't think that it is my skin cause i look other players & it is the same bug...
Maybe the map canalwafare UT3XPRO FSE? i don't know...
I need this awesome frag for a movie ^^'
EPIC FAIL ^^'
« Last Edit: Thu 01.09.2011 01:39:10 by DEVIL_77 »

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/devilinside-2230

"There is no knowledge, that is no power"
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: Thu 01.09.2011 12:22:46 »

I'm too dangerous with an avril, be careful  Grin
We know that - hi devil!  wink2.gif

That screen flickering could be a map specific error if it appears only on one map - but JoaÖ~ already made a frag movie on canal warfare without that issue.

Therefore, a graphics card memory problem seems more probable to cause this flickering. Cue: overclocking.
Make sure there are no flash apps running in the background (not just videos but also other gpu accelerated applications like e.g. the yahoo messenger and others).

If nothing of this applies to your situation, try to change the UT3 graphic details (set or remove bloom, world detail,...).

GL with the frag movie!

Mess with the best, die like the rest
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #22 on: Thu 01.09.2011 20:34:03 »

That screen flickering could be a map specific error if it appears only on one map - but JoaÖ~ already made a frag movie on canal warfare without that issue.

YA TALKIN TO MEEE??

yes i did, also air frag ^^
nothing like that ever happened to me. UT3X server is dangerous..........

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
DEVIL_77
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #23 on: Fri 02.09.2011 07:40:38 »

Thanks guys, i will take a look of all that Vega said  msn012.gif

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/devilinside-2230

"There is no knowledge, that is no power"
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: Sun 22.01.2012 22:21:34 »

Code:
GetDemoRewindPoints
@return if a demo is being played back and rewinding is enabled, returns the list of rewind points that are available the values correspond to demo frames, relative to the return value of GetNumDemoFrames()
Loving this when it will finally come with UT4. smiley_x0.gif

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #25 on: Sun 22.01.2012 23:19:43 »

UT4  whistle

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #26 on: Mon 23.01.2012 00:16:26 »

what's that?  Roll Eyes

iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: Mon 23.01.2012 01:04:36 »

what's that?  Roll Eyes
This code is from the UDK development source and should allow to rewind in demos, or more precisely, jump back in predefined steps. Came across it while trying to port Rcam to RedOrchestra 2.
« Last Edit: Mon 23.01.2012 01:06:08 by VegasKill »

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #28 on: Mon 23.01.2012 01:08:30 »

lol i understood it.. sort of. my question was actually what is UT4  tongue irony

iFCB
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #29 on: Mon 23.01.2012 23:44:50 »

Oh did I miss something? You are now developing the VegypelCam for RedOrchestra?

kudos to you!  afrodd.gif

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: Tue 24.01.2012 12:48:10 »

Oh did I miss something? You are now developing the VegypelCam for RedOrchestra?

kudos to you!  afrodd.gif
TripWireInteractive asked for an Rcam version for RO2 and sent some keys for the game before the game launch, as you know from the dark only forum.

Nothing happened for quite a long time, since demorecording and mod compiling did not work, and with the latest patch, the 64bit RO2 crashes on launch. There is no editor & compiler for the 32 bit version.

Resolved these problems, it wasn't a lot of work to port Rcam. It initializes in a different way and some things have changed with UDK, but I already did the first camera flight, saving and loading works fine, hud is working and only minor changes (+ a short promo video, of course Grin) required before it's done.

...hopefully it will be possible to port rcam also for Tribes Ascend (awesome game!) afrodd.gif
« Last Edit: Tue 24.01.2012 12:49:50 by VegasKill »

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #31 on: Tue 24.01.2012 13:43:28 »

So you get to play RO2? What's your opinion on the game, is it any good?

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: Tue 24.01.2012 19:11:52 »

So you get to play RO2? What's your opinion on the game, is it any good?
I only played the first training and two campaign missions and tried if online gaming works. There are some minor flaws (character animation, textures and graphics, AI), but there is nothing that wrecks the game. As far as I can tell, Red Orchestra 2 is primarily concerned with reproducing war scenes in a realistic way, with projectile gravity, taking cover in various ways, manually changing positions inside vehicles et cetera.

Wanna give it a try yourself? Wink

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #33 on: Tue 24.01.2012 23:03:17 »

Uuuh Tribes Ascend...  whistle

Pretty neat Vegas! Even if you only "imported" the RypelCam to RO2 doesn't make the work you and Rypel put into it any less important or amazing. One big reason for to give RO2 a try!

Perhaps you should ask Tribes-Developers if they require something like  RypelCam, hehe!
« Last Edit: Tue 24.01.2012 23:05:19 by Bloody.Bender »

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #34 on: Tue 24.01.2012 23:38:23 »

Perhaps you should ask Tribes-Developers if they require something like  RypelCam, hehe!
<3 (is demo rec working there now?)

iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: Wed 25.01.2012 00:08:56 »

<3 (is demo rec working there now?)
Not yet.

RypeL suggested to do so if there won't be mod support and demorecoring is functional.

I've seen Cr4zy, V1rus and a few other UT3 folks on T:A, but ...didn't see you guys playing yet. :'( 
T:A flag capping would be 100% L1ghtmyfire's gaming style, Wojci would get a shrike (=Fury without taxi option,...or is there? :D) ...and Blo_Ody could rape those wannabe-pro beta testers.  Grin

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #36 on: Wed 25.01.2012 14:11:34 »

I've seen Cr4zy, V1rus and a few other UT3 folks on T:A, but ...didn't see you guys playing yet. :'(  

..and I'm not planning to start playing Tribes. I'm happy with Quake Live at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Considering that my skill increased quite a bit/lot (:>) there (concerning Free for all and Clan Arena). Although I think if more and more Darkies would start to play Tribes I'd be forced to start then.

I kinda lost my interest in video games, though. Maybe UT4 would change it but god knows when or if this will ever come out.

Edit: @Vegas: If there's a friendlist in Tribes Ascend contact m4rt1ni! He's playing Tribes as well Wink
« Last Edit: Wed 25.01.2012 14:15:38 by Bloody.Bender »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: Wed 25.01.2012 18:34:16 »

If there's a friendlist in Tribes Ascend contact m4rt1ni! He's playing Tribes as well Wink
There is. I have added m4rt1ni, sev and joao, but those green lights always stay dark. Last week I've played like every evening and maxxed out the soldier class. Some fun frags too, but no demos. So it never happened :'( Grin
« Last Edit: Wed 25.01.2012 18:35:04 by VegasKill »

DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #38 on: Wed 25.01.2012 19:17:00 »

no time to play tribes atm...and i suck a bit^^

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #39 on: Thu 26.01.2012 17:25:11 »

I'm happy with Quake Live at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯