Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rage  (Read 1447 times)
Smile4eveR
Doublekill Member

« on: Wed 05.10.2011 19:31:16 »

NEW GAME IS HERE

« Last Edit: Wed 05.10.2011 19:32:25 by Smile4eveR »

search, what can make you SMILE !!! :D
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Thu 06.10.2011 09:06:03 »

wow that's awesome. THIS game i want to play  :))  Bethesda never makes bad games  Wink
Smile4eveR
Doublekill Member

« Reply #2 on: Thu 06.10.2011 15:58:54 »

afrodd.gif

search, what can make you SMILE !!! :D
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #3 on: Sat 08.10.2011 01:13:43 »

Awesome game, too bad it comes with some awful glitches Embarrassed.
I just bought it today and the game was looking dreadful...

Alot of texture pop-ins by just turning around, my fps was around 10 and the textures looked ugly as fuck.

But there are fixes for most of these graphical glitches made up by the community.
1. Download the latest drivers for your graphics card(def if you use an AMD card like I do, be sure you got the Rage drivers from AMD site). This will fix the low FPS problem(game was playing really smooth with new drivers) and will solve a little bit of the texture pop-ins
2a. To fix awful looking textures and texture pop-ins you can add a text file to Steam/steamapps/common/rage/base named "Rageconfig.cfg"(be sure the extension is not .txt but .cfg)
2b. There are different settings you can to this file, but it depends on your graphics card(how much VRAM you have). This works for me and I have 1 GB worth of VRAM, if you got less then 1GB I wouldn't recommend these high settings.
Add the following lines:

vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 8192
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly 8192
vt_pageimagesizeunique 8192
vt_pageimagesizevmtr 8192
vt_restart
vt_maxaniso 4
image_anisotropy 4

Difference:

Original

Changed settings

Maybe you can change "image_anisotropy 4" to like 8 or 16 and see if that improves graphics if you are still dissatisfied.

Another problem I had was crashes during loading screens, you might not notice them in the beginning. But if your loading takes longer than 3 min or so then you can just open process manager and close the game. These crashes seem to be fixed by doing the following(works only in Windows 7 as far as I know):

1. Go to "C:\Users\*your name*\AppData\Local" and add a map named "id software", in there add a map named "rage"
2. After this add the following to your launch options(either through steam or to a shortcut you have, make sure you boot the game with this shortcut then though):
+fs_cachepath "C:\Users\*your name*\AppData\Local\id software\rage" +cvaradd g_fov 20 +set com_skipIntroVideo 1 +set com_allowConsole 1 +fc_maxcachememoryMB 1024 +ik_enablesmoothing 0 +image_usecompression 0 +jobs_numthreads 4 +mem_phymemblocksizem 512 m_smooth 0

BTW, make sure there is enough room on your C for this. For me this folder takes up 1GB, I'm guessing you can change where your cache is stored by creating the map structure somewhere else and changing the commandline.

In these launch options there is a command that skips the intro videos, I'm sure most of you will like that  tongue
« Last Edit: Sat 08.10.2011 01:15:45 by assassin[be] »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: