Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No demo recording in Tribes Ascend (UE3.5)  (Read 10521 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« on: Sat 30.06.2012 12:41:23 »

HiREZ is not able to provide demo recording for Tribes Ascend, so there won't be a T:A RypelCam. Too bad, Tribes Ascend definitely could provide great frag movies, but without demos they hardly can expect any good frag movies.

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=76956&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=210

Quote from: HiRezTodd
"What about Demo?"

Legit question. I understand and share the desire for Demo (Record match, playback prior matches. Ideally from various camera angles; ideally with pause/rewind/forward)

A Demo would support high-level competitive play, facilitate shoutcasting/production of eSports, let you view recorded matches without loss of detail, be a great learning tool for new players who aspire toward competitive play, help the game market itself thru user-created videos, and assist with catching aim-botters. A Demo system would be awesome!

That said, Demo is no longer on the road-map. Per some previous posts it was an internal goal originally. We wanted it. We had a programmer begin r&d on it, but he uncovered technical complexities that would make it a prohibitively long and nasty project. We don't want to get sucked into a single black hole Tribes feature when there are other improvements we can continue to make. I wish that wan't the case. But that is the case. If it changes and we have some Demo breakthru in the future, we'll let you know.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Sat 30.06.2012 23:01:13 »

That's a shame :(

Play more Tribes

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Sun 01.07.2012 07:26:59 »

That's a shame :(
Yes, it really is a shame. RCam should be a default tool in UE games. I'll talk to RypeL about contacting Flak from Epic Games, also because uscript will no longer be supported in UE4.

Play more Tribes
I supervise employees 10hrs a day and make construction plans in AutoCAD of industrial halls afterwards... so I don't really have time to play, but I occasionally joined dance in UT3... alter! Wink

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: