Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hardware  (Read 13795 times)
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #60 on: Tue 26.01.2010 16:08:21 »

Guys, I plan to buy a new headset cuz my old one is rubbish. Noise like athmospherics and hum - therefor I play only arena_of_death with full music. msn012.gif

I look for the Medusa NX but my favorite is the Roccat Kave. Heavy but solid, cable remote, real 5.1 sound, black'n'blue...

Whats your choice?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: Tue 26.01.2010 18:36:14 »

I look for the Medusa NX but my favorite is the Roccat Kave. Heavy but solid, cable remote, real 5.1 sound, black'n'blue...

Whats your choice?
The Roccat headset is too heavy and has sound problems on the left side, due to the audio controls on that side.

The medusa has no mute controls for the microphone, but is not bad besides that.

My recommendations are the Sennheiser PC 151 for an open speaker or the Logitech G35 if you prefer it surrounding, without no background sounds. 5.1 is useless however, since openAl hardware acceleration doesn't work properly in UT3 and probably everyone plays UT3 with generic stereo.

Sennheiser PC 151 -  ~40€

Logitech G35 -  ~80€

« Last Edit: Tue 26.01.2010 18:38:59 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #62 on: Tue 26.01.2010 18:47:16 »

You should check the list from the homepage www.gamersware.com. There you should look which are good, but buy them somewhere else because they are pretty expensive there.

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #63 on: Tue 26.01.2010 18:58:17 »

Thanks friends, I'll check this if I'm at home! Now I have only my cell phone... Grin 

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #64 on: Tue 26.01.2010 20:06:01 »

Ditch the 5.1 it's hype nothing more. Go for Sennheiser or Koss. Both companies have decades of experience in headphones manufacturing so you can't make a bad choice. I have Koss sb45 but the PC151 are a good choice as well.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #65 on: Tue 26.01.2010 20:52:49 »

My tip: Sennheiser PC350 pretty expensive but I read only good stuff 'bout it.

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
Lightmyfire
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #66 on: Tue 26.01.2010 20:54:00 »

I got that PC 350, its by far the best ive tryed!
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #67 on: Tue 26.01.2010 22:05:51 »

Also using koss sb45. A decent headset for low price. I'm not that into hifi to pay hundreds of euros for something a tad better.

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #68 on: Thu 28.01.2010 15:50:10 »

Thx for your advices, I have checked your favorites and my first result are:

Sennheiser PC350 and Logitech G35: Awesome but too expensive (would rather buy Beyerdynamics MX300  Cool)

Sennheiser PC151/161: The ear cushion is too small for me. I prefer bigger one. It's a pity, bc they have the best microphone ever as I read in some tests. But I notice too, that they haven't enough bass line.  smiley464.png

The Medusa has obviously many quality problems. Thats sucks bc it was my favourite after the Roccat Kave.

Koss SB45 looks great and it's exellent value for money. Its my insider tip atm.

I'm able to get some brands with discount in "my" market. Could buy the Medusa as Stereo for 20€. Or the Kave for 75€ (if it sucks - warranty!). Wherefrom are your informations about the technical problems, Vegas?

sikeferenc
Godlike Member

« Reply #69 on: Thu 28.01.2010 18:12:19 »

5.1 is useless however, since openAl hardware acceleration doesn't work properly in UT3 and probably everyone plays UT3 with generic stereo.

It's not true.

Im using a Creative X-Fi Gamer soundcard and a Sennheiser PC151 headset with openai enabled. It's works perfectly, ok, sometimes i hear strange "scratching" sounds but it doesn't disturb me.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: Thu 28.01.2010 19:40:28 »

Wherefrom are your informations about the technical problems, Vegas?
Alternate.de user comments.

It's works perfectly, ok, sometimes i hear strange "scratching" sounds but it doesn't disturb me.
OpenAL hardware acceleration doesn't crash ut3 anymore since the audio dll files were patched with the titan pack to don't use the audio chip's ram anymore. But why should that be left unused? xD
Now, to use openAL, fucks up some sounds from the spectrum that are available with the generic software settings. (if multiple sound actor classes are played simultaneously or whatever)

The spoken annotations as at the beginning of missions interrupt after some time, the sounds of vehicle actions cause errors, weapons fired at the same time create your 'scratching',.... that's what I've noticed and left me looking  -.-

There is actually a fraud video on youtube that promotes a 30$, extremely superfluous openAL enhancer.
The videos doesn't compare the audio enhancer product with the generic openAL hardware acceleration, but plain software. Just think of the 3d sound effects as the openAL hardware acceleration from the ut3 audio menu was ticked. ...try to activate openAL, but note that it works as if... kinda Epic programmed it.

« Last Edit: Thu 28.01.2010 19:46:07 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #71 on: Thu 28.01.2010 21:58:02 »

Nice video, Vegas! Now i know what 3D has to do with audio  Crazysmile1
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #72 on: Wed 28.04.2010 21:11:59 »

The new Phenom II X6 @ 6.7 GHz

http://anonym.to/?http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249825

and for the LOLz scroll down to see a post from a well-known UT3 playa Tongue

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #73 on: Wed 28.04.2010 21:21:43 »

RPG :>

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #74 on: Wed 28.04.2010 21:32:08 »

RPG :>

Ye  afrodd.gif

I didn't know he is a hardcore oveclocker, seems like a popular hobby in FIN&SWE :)

PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #75 on: Wed 28.04.2010 21:32:27 »

I also know one Finnish tech forum he frequents with the same name.   msn011.gif
Oh and as far as I know he's not a HC overclocker, just another enthusiast like me.  afrodd.gif

I never quite understood extreme overclocking, but I guess there's worse ways to spend money.
« Last Edit: Wed 28.04.2010 21:33:59 by PainSavour »

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #76 on: Wed 28.04.2010 21:43:22 »

Oh and as far as I know he's not a HC overclocker, just another enthusiast like me.  afrodd.gif

:) It's always good to squeeze some extra performance out of your components, but you're right with that eXtreme overclocking, it's more for the bragging rights than for normal day to day usage.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #77 on: Wed 28.04.2010 21:44:21 »

Finland is a gaming country.

Clanbase created a league in CS just for Fins (xD)

Watch the amount of clans xD
http://clanbase.ggl.com/ladders.php?gid=22

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: