Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2 RypelCam > Download  (Read 9399 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« on: Mon 05.11.2012 18:32:03 »

Download RypelCam for Red Orchestra 2 as attachment to this post.

RO2 RypelCam topic on Tripwire Interactive forums: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/rypel-cam-for-ro2.76896/

Red Orchestra 2 RypelCam 1.2 changes:

- spectator camera is unlocked even before player spawn
- [F] key simulates pause without freezing the screen (slomo 0)

* ro2_rcam.zip (48.75 KB - downloaded 308 times.)
* ro2_rcam_1.2.zip (37.16 KB - downloaded 238 times.)
* ro2_rcam_1.3.zip (43.22 KB - downloaded 307 times.)
* ro2_rcam_1.4.zip (40.44 KB - downloaded 478 times.)
« Last Edit: Wed 23.02.2022 21:12:09 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Thu 07.03.2013 22:36:15 »

Upon request, RypelCam 1.2 for RO2 remedies some RO2 specific issues. The download is attached to the first post.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Thu 11.04.2013 21:34:23 »

Rising Storm - Official GDC Trailer
by 'The Trailerfarm'

Tripwire Interactive approached us a couple months back, with the express request that we make them an awesome trailer to show at GDC 2013. Primarily leaning on our wealth of cinematic experience, we managed to grab some great sequences using Rypelcam : The Unreal Engine Virtual Camera System.

3 long days of capturing, we coordinated over 50 online players, which enabled us to choreopgraph the sequences shown in this trailer. Great fun was had all round, and a huge thank you to everyone involved.

We also created all the motion design, which shows the map jumping from the various locations in the Pacific theater.

Rising Storm is a first person shooter game based on the Pacific campaign of 1941-45. It takes place in several, famous strategic locations.
Rising Storm is being created in a first-of-its-kind collaboration between a mod team and a professional game development studio. The Rising Storm team is made up of the best independent developers from the modding community and several members of the development team at Tripwire Interactive.

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #3 on: Thu 11.04.2013 22:57:44 »

Awsome job  afrodd.gif

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Sun 14.04.2013 03:37:08 »

Daaamn, how awesome is that? Good job, Vegas!

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Thu 23.01.2014 20:23:07 »

RypeL created a new RO2 RypelCam which runs on the new Rising Storm multiplayer.
Download it here.

New commands:

- seekToFrame 'frame' 'speed' -> more reliable than the seekto command with timestamp. The Time in the demo often is way different in different viewings of the demo, the framecounter is always the same and accurate.
-'F'-Key: As close as i could get to a pause mode so far. The issues of the pause lies within RO2 and atm seems unlikely that i could fix it.
- DepthOfField 'enabled(true/false)' 'FocusDistance'
- WriteColladaFile true false -> creates C4D file in C:\...\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\User

- FOV changes in the campath should be working now (select a campoint with 'Num+'/'Num-' and the hit 'O' to switch into fov mode and then hit 'Num7'/'Num8' to change fov for that campoint. 

- Moving in pause mode works now

In timedpath mode you can also use the dynamic slowmo feature. For that i recommend recording the camera first with fraps or so with the RCam hud turned on so that you can see the framecounter. Then you can plan at what framecounts the game should speed up or slow down. Then you can make a "slowmo script" in the RORypelCam.ini by adding something like this to the end of the ini (example):

Timedilationframe=296
Timedilationframe=320
Timedilationframe=360
TimedilationframeTimedilation=1.000000
TimedilationframeTimedilation=0.150000
TimedilationframeTimedilation=2.0

What this would do is it would start of with demospeed 1.0 (= normal) at frame 296 but then transition to speed 0.15 from frame 296 through frame 320. Then from frame 320 on it speeds up again to reach speed 2.0 at frame 360.
If you, for instance, wanted to keep the speed of 0.15 from frame 320 till 340 before speeding up again you would then do it like this:

Timedilationframe=296
Timedilationframe=320
Timedilationframe=340
Timedilationframe=360

So there always need to be as many of 'TimedilationframeTimedilation' as there are 'Timedilationframe'.
(If you want to deactivate the scripted slowmos again without deleting them from the ini altogether the easiest way is just changing the first Timedilationframe to something very high no demo would ever reach, like changing 296 to 29600000)

Rewind ... does work! Though i have only tested it briefly yet, not sure if there are sideeffects in RO2. In UDK it works decent but crashes when you rewind past a point where a vehicle or flag was destroyed/vanished. Not sure yet how stable it is in RO2. You need to do a change to the ROEngine.ini to make it work:

In the ROEngine.ini search for

MaxRewindPoints=0
RewindPointInterval=1.0
NumRecentRewindPoints=0

and replace that with

MaxRewindPoints=30
RewindPointInterval=1.0
NumRecentRewindPoints=7

You could potentially play arround with this numbers, but these are the UDK defaults. The command for rewinding is 'demorewind' wich with each press rewinds by like half a second. Keep an eye on the framecounter displayed in the RCam hud while rewinding to get an idea how far you rewinded and how far you need to rewind to get to your point of interest again, as the freecam will most likely jump into places/back in time away from the action aswell wich can make it a bit confusing. The freecam not staying in place like that is in the UDK version aswell and its a sideeffect of the rewind i cant do something against.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Sat 27.12.2014 20:53:40 »

The RO2 RypelCam 1.4 works after the latest RisingStorm update. Download it from the first post in this topic.

grepCat

« Reply #7 on: Wed 01.03.2017 02:52:21 »

RypeL created a new RO2 RypelCam which runs on the new Rising Storm multiplayer.
Download it here.

New commands:

- seekToFrame 'frame' 'speed' -> more reliable than the seekto command with timestamp. The Time in the demo often is way different in different viewings of the demo, the framecounter is always the same and accurate.
-'F'-Key: As close as i could get to a pause mode so far. The issues of the pause lies within RO2 and atm seems unlikely that i could fix it.
- DepthOfField 'enabled(true/false)' 'FocusDistance'
- WriteColladaFile true false -> creates C4D file in C:\...\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\User

- FOV changes in the campath should be working now (select a campoint with 'Num+'/'Num-' and the hit 'O' to switch into fov mode and then hit 'Num7'/'Num8' to change fov for that campoint. 

- Moving in pause mode works now

In timedpath mode you can also use the dynamic slowmo feature. For that i recommend recording the camera first with fraps or so with the RCam hud turned on so that you can see the framecounter. Then you can plan at what framecounts the game should speed up or slow down. Then you can make a "slowmo script" in the RORypelCam.ini by adding something like this to the end of the ini (example):

Timedilationframe=296
Timedilationframe=320
Timedilationframe=360

What this would do is it would start of with demospeed 1.0 (= normal) at frame 296 but then transition to speed 0.15 from frame 296 through frame 320. Then from frame 320 on it speeds up again to reach speed 2.0 at frame 360.
If you, for instance, wanted to keep the speed of 0.15 from frame 320 till 340 before speeding up again you would then do it like this:

Timedilationframe=296
Timedilationframe=320
Timedilationframe=340
Timedilationframe=360

So there always need to be as many of 'TimedilationframeTimedilation' as there are 'Timedilationframe'.
(If you want to deactivate the scripted slowmos again without deleting them from the ini altogether the easiest way is just changing the first Timedilationframe to something very high no demo would ever reach, like changing 296 to 29600000)

Rewind ... does work! Though i have only tested it briefly yet, not sure if there are sideeffects in RO2. In UDK it works decent but crashes when you rewind past a point where a vehicle or flag was destroyed/vanished. Not sure yet how stable it is in RO2. You need to do a change to the ROEngine.ini to make it work:

In the ROEngine.ini search for

MaxRewindPoints=0
RewindPointInterval=1.0
NumRecentRewindPoints=0

and replace that with

MaxRewindPoints=30
RewindPointInterval=1.0
NumRecentRewindPoints=7

You could potentially play arround with this numbers, but these are the UDK defaults. The command for rewinding is 'demorewind' wich with each press rewinds by like half a second. Keep an eye on the framecounter displayed in the RCam hud while rewinding to get an idea how far you rewinded and how far you need to rewind to get to your point of interest again, as the freecam will most likely jump into places/back in time away from the action aswell wich can make it a bit confusing. The freecam not staying in place like that is in the UDK version aswell and its a sideeffect of the rewind i cant do something against.

First I want to say thank you for this awesome camera mutator, it will really help in a ro2 project I am working on.

Also, I am not sure how to have the weapons show in first person. The UI says the binding is 'l' but it is not working.

Rewind I am still testing different settings, but as of right now it causes random fps spikes during normal playback.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Wed 01.03.2017 22:58:23 »

Hi grepCat!

Also, I am not sure how to have the weapons show in first person. The UI says the binding is 'l' but it is not working.
It was like that in Heroes of Stalingrad. With the Rising Storm update some UE3 commands like "behindView" got removed and others were renamed for some reason. These changes were not adopted in RCam. I can look into this.

Rewind I am still testing different settings, but as of right now it causes random fps spikes during normal playback.
Be aware that this is an experimental feature in UE3, it might lead to crashes or various errors like hidden player models (hidden until respawn).
Rewinding may also remove parts of the camera path depending how far back in time you go. To avoid this causing problems, save your project before rewinding, and afterwards reload the project.

grepCat

« Reply #9 on: Thu 09.03.2017 10:05:52 »

Hi grepCat!

It was like that in Heroes of Stalingrad. With the Rising Storm update some UE3 commands like "behindView" got removed and others were renamed for some reason. These changes were not adopted in RCam. I can look into this.

Be aware that this is an experimental feature in UE3, it might lead to crashes or various errors like hidden player models (hidden until respawn).
Rewinding may also remove parts of the camera path depending how far back in time you go. To avoid this causing problems, save your project before rewinding, and afterwards reload the project.

Thanks for the response! RypelCam is a big help for making ro2 videos, but is there any more documentation that's ro2 specific?

Also, are keybinds hardcorded for RypelCam? Or you can change RypelCam so that keybinds can be changed via config file?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Fri 10.03.2017 22:35:39 »

Thanks for the response! RypelCam is a big help for making ro2 videos, but is there any more documentation that's ro2 specific?
There is a brief description in the readme file that comes with the RO2 RypelCam. It covers the basics like how to create and edit a camera path.

Speaking of which, I noticed you record without making use of camera paths. Have you already discovered that feature? Simply move around and create some points. (key: numpad 5)
At least 4 of such points are required to draw a path between those points so that the camera can fly along the path. (key: numpad 3)
If you reload the demo you can enable a feature called timed path. With this the camera can also fly along the path based on the time you created the single points. (key: t)

This way you can follow players without even having to manually control the camera movement or view angle.

Camera paths are not really suitable for stationary action but rather for smooth moving scenes. For examples you can take a look at the game trailers of Tripwire Interactive.
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive/videos

Just added today:

(Killing Floor 2 trailer using RO2 RypelCam)

Whenever there is use of the first person view they don't play demo replays but record live games. I don't know yet if 1st person will work properly :-D

Also, are keybinds hardcorded for RypelCam? Or you can change RypelCam so that keybinds can be changed via config file?
RypelCam doesn't make use of the default input system and as for now the key binds are not customizable.
« Last Edit: Fri 10.03.2017 22:37:40 by VegasKill »

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Mon 20.03.2017 22:33:46 »

Little update on first person view: the first person weapon is not present in RO2 demos, but it is possible to load a first person weapon based on the held third person weapon.
Not sure yet if this will lead to an adequate outcome, some stuff like zoom or holding breath etc won't ever work in demos, simply because the information is missing. Proper alignment and animations are still required, same for the first person arms.

pics
Original first person view

demo - first person weapon (based on held third person weapon)

demo - visible third person weapon in first person view

grepCat

« Reply #12 on: Wed 24.05.2017 05:54:14 »

There is a brief description in the readme file that comes with the RO2 RypelCam. It covers the basics like how to create and edit a camera path.

Speaking of which, I noticed you record without making use of camera paths. Have you already discovered that feature? Simply move around and create some points. (key: numpad 5)
At least 4 of such points are required to draw a path between those points so that the camera can fly along the path. (key: numpad 3)
If you reload the demo you can enable a feature called timed path. With this the camera can also fly along the path based on the time you created the single points. (key: t)

This way you can follow players without even having to manually control the camera movement or view angle.

Camera paths are not really suitable for stationary action but rather for smooth moving scenes. For examples you can take a look at the game trailers of Tripwire Interactive.
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive/videos

Just added today:

(Killing Floor 2 trailer using RO2 RypelCam)

Whenever there is use of the first person view they don't play demo replays but record live games. I don't know yet if 1st person will work properly :-D

RypelCam doesn't make use of the default input system and as for now the key binds are not customizable.

I have since learned to use the camera paths and it is much better! But the one thing that really bugs me is the lack of a proper way to rewind. I have tried to simply seeking to a previous frame, however this has also caused the game to sometimes crash or break the demo forcing me to reload it.

Any thoughts on what else I should try?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Tue 30.05.2017 21:04:01 »

Unfortunately, rewinding is an unstable feature in RO2 and not appropriate for being used repeatedly.
It may be useful for just watching the replay or creating a camera path with RypelCam (save your project before rewinding Wink), but for recording video footage, you better restart the demo instead of rewinding. Iirc, besides invisible characters and vehicles, also decals like shot holes or blood splatters are not removed when rewinding.

Sorry for the delay with the weapons in first person view, I got distracted.

Lilasaft

« Reply #14 on: Fri 13.09.2019 09:57:40 »

404 attachment not found  msn004.gif msn004.gif
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Sun 15.09.2019 13:23:01 »

Thanks for reporting, Lilasaft. Our webhost moved and changed some directories. Attachments should be working again.

robertotpk

« Reply #16 on: Tue 15.02.2022 21:12:17 »

so hello there. although this replacement camera is for Rising Storm 1, it works surprisingly also on Rising Storm 2, thanks to it I am trying to create interesting shots from one saved demo from two clans fighting to create a movie from this fight and the rypelcam works quite well until the sides change (second round) then the camera starts to move to the right (as in the first round when the result is shown, then the camera changes shots every now and then and moves to the right) after this pause for the result the camera still moves to the right and changes by itself location to a different location on the map.
if the project didn't die, it would be great if someone could fix it.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: Wed 16.02.2022 21:52:25 »

Hello robertotpk,

Sounds like an issue that can happen when a demo is recorded by a player instead of downloading it from the dedicated server. Is it a server demo?

Does this moving camera problem happen only when you spectate a specific player, or also while free roaming?

robertotpk

« Reply #18 on: Wed 16.02.2022 23:02:07 »

first of all thanks for reply
demo was recorded by server, the problem appears in free roaming cam (spect)
so when the round ends, then the camera "takes" the behavior from that moment when the team score summary is displayed (just like in this video https://youtu.be/LkzsF14UQJY?t=687)
then when it is in spect again, I can move normally on the map, but this time the camera is still moving in the same direction as when the end of the round is displayed and what's more, it also goes back to the same places every few seconds as there are shown during this "round summary"
if I did not explain too thoroughly, tomorrow I will try to post a short video of the camera behavior showing what exactly the problem is
thank you again for your reply
robertotpk

« Reply #19 on: Thu 17.02.2022 17:08:24 »

first of all thanks for reply
demo was recorded by server, the problem appears in free roaming cam (spect)
so when the round ends, then the camera "takes" the behavior from that moment when the team score summary is displayed (just like in this video https://youtu.be/LkzsF14UQJY?t=687)
then when it is in spect again, I can move normally on the map, but this time the camera is still moving in the same direction as when the end of the round is displayed and what's more, it also goes back to the same places every few seconds as there are shown during this "round summary"
if I did not explain too thoroughly, tomorrow I will try to post a short video of the camera behavior showing what exactly the problem is
thank you again for your reply
here's video showing what's the issue is

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print

Jump to: