Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Re: Gibberish about the reason for the death of UT3  (Read 3374 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« on: Thu 29.03.2012 11:53:43 »

It is pointless to recruit players for a UT3 clan, so let these dead topics rest in peace.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #1 on: Sat 31.03.2012 11:58:35 »

_Dark_ on Tribes? :>

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Sat 31.03.2012 13:28:51 »

not really. I've played only with Vegas in Tribes. Everyone else seems to be busy w/ their RL.

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #3 on: Sat 31.03.2012 15:05:42 »

yes, but "pointless to recruit players for UT3" doesn't mean pointless to recruit players for Tribes  smiley_x0.gif

iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Sun 01.04.2012 12:34:26 »

yes, but "pointless to recruit players for UT3" doesn't mean pointless to recruit players for Tribes  smiley_x0.gif
Correct. However, this doesn't imply that UT3-vCTF clans such as _Dark_ will transfer to T:A.

What I meant to say, the UT3 clan scene is dead. Since years. Joining a clan now is like joining Fick clan at the best times of UT3: you will never ever play a single game. Wink

l3oomer
Godlike Member

« Reply #5 on: Sun 01.04.2012 14:50:52 »

« Last Edit: Sun 01.04.2012 14:51:44 by l3oomer »
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Sun 01.04.2012 17:53:12 »

Everyone else seems to be busy w/ their RL.
Or their RL is busy with them  msn011.gif

No worries, by the time i finish the army UT4 will be out for sure  Crazysmile1
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

Teamplay Ressurection Gang

« Reply #7 on: Mon 20.05.2013 14:04:21 »

What I meant to say, the UT3 clan scene is dead. Since years. Joining a clan now is like joining Fick clan at the best times of UT3: you will never ever play a single game. Wink

wtf We did clan wars!

Also vcTF just died out because you all watched resistanceless how public vCTF lost all its vehicle and team gameplay and became boxy spam CTF...

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Mon 20.05.2013 18:25:28 »

wtf We did clan wars!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as the leader of Fick, you strictly opposed the desire of Joao and Boomer to join the competitive scene, this is, ClanBase.
I'm aware that Fick played training/fun wars in mostly exotic lineups (also against _Dark_), but that is as far as it got. The commitment of the players in 'just for fun' games usually made those wars trivial, if someone showed up at all. There were exceptions, as for example the fun war PTE against _Dark_ with massive team size was EPIC, or some awesome wars against BkrT.
However, as I experienced it, it was a whole different deal to play competitively on CB. For me, those surely were the most memorable times of _Dark_.

IMO, back than, you gambled away the best chance to play something else than the usual 'public spam', now it is too late to complain. But most people interested to join a clan already had an idea what they could expect from it, so don't worry if Fick was not competitive: nowadays all clans are similarly inactive. Therefore my statement.

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #9 on: Tue 21.05.2013 03:01:04 »

argh.gif You have a nice idea of Fick...

Wall of Text if you need to know...

1. You're right that Fick wasn't founded as competitive clan
(it was just sharing my fun clan tag 'Fick' under UT3 friends like FCB who I met)

2. You'd be right if you said I didn't accept every invite to a clan war I had
(but due to that we had 0 training, experience or even hope for 6 players to be present)

3. You're totally wrong about ClanBase and thinking, I did hold Fick back of becoming competitive
(I personally registered us on ClanBase, but we never had enough members online together for regular trainings or clan wars. CB died earlier)

4. We had a friendly clan wars against DoS, RaW, Survivor, BKRTJuniors, etc. in UT3's best time
(Lucky we managed to arrange and have enough players present sometimes)

5. I'd say I did most for Fick to become more than a group of vCTF friends with same clan tag, but that is Fick's main reason to exist and there should be no obligations ever!

I'm happy, nevertheless the outcome of vCTF today. I've made great experiences from Wojci explaining me vCTF in stock maps over meeting my friendly clan members, experiencing clan war teamplay etc.

And since I'm the one taking UT3 most too serious of all,  xxxras.gif
I continue till today fighting for the return of a teamplay public vCTF with map variation!

Just dont be all negative and give up yet, Vegas,
better tell Rattle to reattack his 'voting mutator' and show you his vCTF map collection and 'Fall of UT' ideas...
  blablabla.gif

IMO we still didn't try the right public vCTF server concept...

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Tue 21.05.2013 19:59:49 »

This topic was about joining clans whereas the clan scene is inactive, not about ways to avoid spam in the game. But best of luck with working out a better concept than the current state of UT3. It is a good idea.

argh.gif You have a nice idea of Fick...
Oh you nasty. sarcastic

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #11 on: Tue 21.05.2013 20:45:23 »

Sorry to abduct the topic, but that had to be said to such nasty words. xxxras.gif

FTW!

And the better public server concept is clear and promoted since long time,
rattle even has now pretty much all we would need (voting mutator + big good map selection)
but it looks like he's as resigned as you and most decent players are with UT3 and found other priorities msn008.gif

Teamplay public vCTF => clan skilled players =>  join/found clans => make clan wars => worth to join a clan again!*

*chronological order is crucial

yet I'm the only guy asking for good teamplay public vCTF since years... Roll Eyes

So dont tell me Fick should have been competitive or I didn't want it to be,
better help us all, by telling rattle you'd like if he gave his public concept a try!  afrodd.gif

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #12 on: Wed 22.05.2013 10:42:19 »

I split some of the posts to a new topic because they had absolutely nothing to do with the subject.

I personally can't remember seeing F1ck playing an official clanwar at all. Back in the good ol' days when CB was still active and used by several different clans I honestly wasn't even aware that F1ck existed.  msn001.gif I remember Bk.Rt, PTE, eXotic, $$, RubeRoid, [ROYAL], Terrorists, (Ex-PTE) Regul4rs, Post Scriptum, ULS, burial, THC etc. but not F1ck.  Roll Eyes

DeineLtan I wonder whether you could tell me when you started playing UT3 and on which servers you played back then, 'cause I've never seen the "teamplay" you are talking about on public servers. Furythrows and/or incidental manta taxis were the top of the teamplay you could get.
Most of the time only clan internal players helped each other out on public servers, which is, in my opinion, pretty obvious.

Apart from that you have to keep in mind that "spam"maps were present back then, too. The only difference is that most, let's say, decent players didn't play them.

Actually I'd stop to only hold the community responsible for the downfall of UT3. Thousands of players played a half finished game for years and had to deal with terrible patches which failed to enhance the game, but rather impaired it (speaking of hoverboard walldodge or manta tornado spin). If there were not players like R4ttlesnake or Vegaskill and any other guy who tried to fix this game with mutators and shit, gamemodes such as duel or TDM would have been unplayable. As you can see there's barely, to not a single duel server without utcomp. Same goes for TDM.
I played dozens of "competitive" matches on CB and even with utcomp it was a pain in the ass to play this game. It only made it somewhat bearable.

What I mean is, in a metaphorical way, that you can't build a nice and solid house, even with the best construction workers, when your given materials are broken/damaged.   blablabla.gif  Grin

wink2.gif
« Last Edit: Wed 22.05.2013 10:44:08 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #13 on: Wed 22.05.2013 15:08:09 »

God, i had forgotten about the manta spiral <3 Was so fun.
Well i can't remember that neither. My first clan was D.V witht he best player ever, DarkRobin, as leader. And i joined it when.. 2008? Dunno, at first i played Warfare a lot. I still remember the old and original Jolt, but dont remember the maps it had, nor any particular custom map.

iFCB
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #14 on: Wed 22.05.2013 18:06:39 »

Cool you're still around Bloody,
to answer you it will be the most uber wall-of-text post ever, but okay. Tongue
Choose what you want to read Tongue

From bot-like noob to teamplay vCTF player
I remember that time ofc.

In the very beginning (Dark was already the top clan, aera of m0tz Wink), I started as a noob in stock map servers. Back then, there were just suspense-only and stock maps server.

I was playing like a stupid bot around, till one night on almost empty server, when Wojci and me chatted a little on German ingame and he told me all teamplay related about vCTF and showed me all map specific stuff, glitches, routes and usual teamwork approaches a noob doesn't know.

I ofc didn't know any of this and it brought me into a new world of gameplay, where it's not only me shooting randomly at all players with different colors and trying to steal a flag, but all the indirect avril usage, correct hoverboard usage, the thinking and acting as/for a team etc.
that I, from then on, had so much more fun and things to learn and master in UT3 vCTF.

I started to love Corruption as beautiful map with great layout and hard to capture, where I could see all the teamplay aspects! From the own base defense over a healed nemesis midfield support to the flag carrier taxi offensive team, all had to be lined up and working together for a capture to work out.  The same endless matches I found horrible boring as beginner became the best of all, I could learn and help all different parts of gameplay and the cooperation with team members was such a higher level of gameplay than my ego shooting play before. The pros (mostly experienced clan players like you old Darks) lead the match and demonstrated the noobs real vCTF on public!

From then on vCTF became a social fun, I saw and respectecd the skills of other players and was writing and trying to teamplay with all sympathic and skilled players I met.

Foundation of Fick
Under some longtime UT3 friends I met, we took Fick as our clan tag, just for fun and sign of solidarity, not as a clan (in your competitive sense). We formed us out of sympathy and no competitive interests, just a group of UT3 friends playing together on public.

Just good chemistry and no obligations it always was.

I'm still today without any idea how a real clan would work, I just made us a forum, signed us in on CB as a clan, tried to provide an infrastructure so we could have all for free what real clans have.

Was always hard to arrange a clan war, we were always only a few and never occasionally 6 available at a time. So we stayed rather the 'drop in on teamspeak spontaneously' public vCTF friends group.

Had nevertheless quite a few clan wars (all friendly and rather improvised, never ladder because of the mentioned organisatoric problems!) and I think we were quite strong and had big talents like fcb and crooka for example, considering our 0 true clan organisation & compeditive ambitions. Tongue

From Suspense-only to Spam-only:
"Anti-Suspense-Front"
Fick was back then often protesting against the already totally monotonous Suspense only votings. There wasn't a custom map server and on the few stock maps servers maps like Containment and Corruption totally got ignored.

Later were also custom map servers without spam maps (DfB times) but that changed soon when the spam maps were hosted. While Shoebox and all the crappy Arena_ofs got rather visibly protested by oldschool players into the heavy rotation, strangewise AnarchyHalls was totally welcomed as new nr. 1 map to be played (though 0 vehicle gameplay and shitty cube map like all spam maps) even by oldschool teamplay vCTF players.

Since then I was protesting against spam heavy-rotation and pointing out that it's not real vCTF and prevents any real vCTF CLAN SCENE and got a lot flamings by others for it
(Strangely no flamings back in AntiSuspenseFront times, although we did much worse)! Tongue

Before custom map servers existed, there was also no map variation (and public/non-clan teamplayers like RattleSN4K3 were always the exception), but the many active real clan players demonstrated on public in stock maps the real teamplay vCTF and were match-making! Noobs could help or be just a wasted slot but didn't dictate the gameplay!

In custom maps server times, the noob/casual player (=majority) votings made spam maps suppress the real vCTF (vehicle & base-to-base layout) maps.

All admins were happy for the popularity, they ALL ignored the new, reduced public vCTF gameplay.
Many oldschool teamplay vCTF players lost their decent gametype and quit after beeing bored out by spam-only vCTF.

Yes, UT3 is buggy as shit and unfinished... but that is just an annoyance and doesn't make ideal vCTF unplayable to me.
The real problem is the decent vCTF gameplay that got lost and would have to be re-established!

Dont give up before trying!

Thatfor I think it's crucial to host a public server which fills itself with casual players that can vote their spam maps aslong as its empty, but gives a true vCTF map variation and reasonable revote delay when the server is full.

If there's such a server again, populated and with interesting map variation, good vCTF players could enjoy playing again and show real teamplay vCTF on public, just like in the old days!

If you support the idea, tell RattleSN4K3 "Yes, please!",
who started such a 'maps-by-player-amount' voting mutator and a huge innovative vCTF map collection!

He wont do all the work and host it just for DeineLtan (unfortunately)...  xxxras.gif

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: