Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I would like to join your amazing clan, Madthunder (ut3 username name)  (Read 2271 times)
Madthunder

« on: Sat 09.03.2013 13:59:30 »

Hello

You may know of me as I am always on Ut3. I Have been playing this game ever since it was released and LOVE the game, i have not been in a clan however I would like to join one. Below I have linked my Ut3 states and rank. Also I love all of the game modes and I am a good defender and great attacker. Grin

http://ut3stats.dfbgaming.com/index.php?page=player&plid=142798510&stat_type=pure&game_name=ut3pc

I hope that I am able to join your clan. 

Thank you
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Sat 09.03.2013 18:15:37 »

Hi Madthunder,

welcome on the forum. We will discuss your request.
To be honest, I don't remember you from my times on UT3. msn001.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Madthunder

« Reply #2 on: Sat 09.03.2013 23:37:14 »

Okay thank you and awwww  tongue ill be on jolt nearly every night  if would like to see me  Smiley

Madthunder

« Reply #3 on: Mon 11.03.2013 02:27:26 »

also before you make your final decision I am now rank 393  tongue
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Mon 11.03.2013 22:05:46 »

Hi Madthunder,

we rewieved your request. As it turns out, no _Dark_ member met you before the recent days. As a consequence, your request to join the _Dark_ clan is rejected.

Good luck to find a clan anyway!

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #5 on: Mon 11.03.2013 23:42:16 »

also before you make your final decision I am now rank 393  tongue

Just to enlight you, do you know how the rank works?

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
Madthunder

« Reply #6 on: Tue 12.03.2013 14:55:18 »

Thanks anyway it was worth a try  Smiley and yes I have the general idea but please enlighten me. Smiley
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #7 on: Tue 12.03.2013 17:26:53 »

Currently, those players on top have 3600 ELO Rating, or something. And for you to get on top, you have to kill players with more Elo Rating or Elo Ranking than you. So, in a game, you can die 999times, but if you kill 100 times those guys on top, you will eventually be 1st place. Basically, kill players with more ELO and you go up, get killed by lower ELOS and you get down, therefore, the ranking means nothing in terms of skill, gameplay, etc.. You can have 0,50 kill:death ratio (meaning everytime you kill someone, you die 2 times before killing someone else), which is not that good), and still be top 3

It is good, however, to give an idea about how the players plays, by looking at his OTHER STATS, like efficiency, weapons and vehicles he uses the most, flags/nodes captured, sprees, etc.. But still it nothing conclusive. My iFCB account has almost 2,00 Kill:deat ratio, 67% eff, and so on, which is completely different from my previous account, joaoFCB, where i had lower effieciency and K:D ratio but much more flags captured, more vehicle usage, etc.. I just stopped capping flags and using vehicles, even tho, on cla wars, that was my role many times

iFCB
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Tue 12.03.2013 20:15:56 »

Estimating the skill of a player by just looking at his stats is not recommended, but just considering the rank or ELO rating is worthless. IMO rating skill in a team based game is more complex than Epics implementation of the ELO system.

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #9 on: Tue 12.03.2013 22:22:14 »

Yes indeed, i jumped into to this because, if i was accepting or recruiting players into my clan, i would look into his stats according to what i've stated. And of course many trials and online matches to learn and know one another  smiley_x0.gif

And despite of the more recent mods, specially the presence of vehicles,  UT3 is and always be a Unreal Tournament, born from DM and TDM, so even if you specialize in vCTF, learn all map tricks, flagruns, vehcile usage, etc.. It will always miss the base: Shoot the enemy with high efficiency Grin And that is something impossible to judge by stats. I could be the best aimer in the world, and still be mid ranked if i was in love with Bunny Trails with lots of suicides, or when practicing hammer jumps, or clan trainings, or having fun by dying, etc..

iFCB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: