Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A new mouse  (Read 2824 times)
Never$leep
Doublekill Member

« on: Wed 26.02.2014 06:19:41 »

Hello every1, wanna buy a new mouse because my 2nd imperator is dead (double click on the right button) Im lf ~100$ mouse with really good sensor (razer imperator 2012 with double sensor was rly awesome), 2-4 additional buttons and pretty "strong".. 100$ for razer imperator every 2 years is so gay, i wanna mouse which can be with me 3-4 years+ . So guys can u suggest me some mouse models (it will be good if u have them and use for a long time). Im still lf new razer imperator 2012, roccat kone+ , steelseries sensei. U guys have a lot of good mouses in EU which i saw in my city rarely and know anything about them, so i'll be happy if u suggest some of these not so popular but good mouse models. And yes Im still fps games player, but i like to play Tera online sometimes too. So i need in awesome sensor for shooters and mouse endurance for 6+ hours playing in some days/month. Neversleep :)

darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #1 on: Wed 26.02.2014 10:44:43 »

Hi Sleep,

feels like ages...  msn008.gif

First off, it depends from game style, but I assume u r high senser  msn012.gif

My search always goes to mouses which have thumb buttons, but not tiny shit, I need big buttons like on my Razer DeathAdder. Months b4 I bought another awesome mouse, the R.A.T. 7 MMO, bc the huge ammount of buttons and the high custom UI and programmable buttons. But its metal and I confess, I had muscle soreness after playing few hours! I missed the easy moving with my claw holding (thumb and pinkie hold and move the mouse), so I changed back.

After a while I found another mouse called Raven, with a big coolie hat for thumb, but its not available as far I could see  msn004.gif

greetz foxy

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
Never$leep
Doublekill Member

« Reply #2 on: Wed 26.02.2014 11:17:35 »

Hi Sleep,

feels like ages...  msn008.gif

First off, it depends from game style, but I assume u r high senser  msn012.gif

My search always goes to mouses which have thumb buttons, but not tiny shit, I need big buttons like on my Razer DeathAdder. Months b4 I bought another awesome mouse, the R.A.T. 7 MMO, bc the huge ammount of buttons and the high custom UI and programmable buttons. But its metal and I confess, I had muscle soreness after playing few hours! I missed the easy moving with my claw holding (thumb and pinkie hold and move the mouse), so I changed back.

After a while I found another mouse called Raven, with a big coolie hat for thumb, but its not available as far I could see  msn004.gif

greetz foxy

Thanks for answer. Hello foxy. Big buttons is good for me too, and no, I have 1600 dpi set in my imperator, so I'm not high senser. When i said "good sensor" i meant very very sensitive sensor and it's ususally sensors with max 6000+ dpi (imo). So as I understand u playing now with Razer DeathAdder? How many years it works in ur arms and what u DONT like in this mouse? Ohhh Gooood i just googled R.A.T. 7 MMO its f transformer. But i dont like so crazy forms, i prefer ascetic but good geared mouses, like a lot of razers. But razer mouses burn in my arms, i need something else. Wheres Assassinbe, i need in his resume about Roccat Kone..

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Wed 26.02.2014 12:55:40 »

Got a Logitech g500s for someone a few weeks ago. It has a 1000 usb polling rate and a sensor with 8200dpi resolution.
I didn't mess with the drivers or test the difference when adding the included weights, but overall, the haptic is top. For my taste, the middle mouse button triggers a bit easy (that is a matter of adaptation from my own mouse, I guess, since the g500s button is not really that weak you trigger it by mistake).

IMHO, it is good that the g500s looks more like an ordinary mouse than a gaming mouse, but that is purely a matter of taste.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Never$leep
Doublekill Member

« Reply #4 on: Wed 26.02.2014 13:22:57 »

And what mouse do you have Vegas?
« Last Edit: Wed 26.02.2014 13:23:56 by Never$leep »

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Wed 26.02.2014 13:47:46 »

I own 3 Logitech mice
MX518 - bought in 2006 and still works w/o a hiccup. It carried me over my UT days and survived all sorts of Diablo-like clickfest games. Overall my favourite mouse
G500 - bought in 2012 - very good mouse, I was a bit disappointed that it offered very little on top of the MX518. Plus the side buttons have some quite sharp edges, I'd prefer a bit more rounded design.
MX510 - it's 10 years old now, still works. Not really a gamer grade mouse by todays standards but just the fact it's still working tells you something about the build quality.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Wed 26.02.2014 20:37:37 »

And what mouse do you have Vegas?
CM Storm Inferno, works fine since a couple of years now. ...but without any sort of diablo click fests. Grin

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #7 on: Wed 26.02.2014 22:10:30 »

I have 1600 dpi set in my imperator, so I'm not high senser.

Not a high senser?  smiley463.png I played UT3 with 350dpi mouse sensitivity and 600 ingame and some people called me high senser.

Don't know if I'm late to the party but there's one thing I'd really like to point out.

If possible get an optical sensor they are much more reliable and their transmission is clearer and more exact.

I own a Steelseries Kinzu and Razer Deathadder Black Edition. Both optical sensors and I love both. The deathadder is more ergonomic (you need to get used to it if you had a basic mouse before) and the Kinzu is quite small and has that basic layout I was talking about and is fairly light.

I had A LOT and I mean REALLY A LOT of different mice before but those two are definitely my favourites. Say what you want but you can't beat a good optical mouse.

And if you want some star-lard... so far almost every progamer I've asked uses an optical mouse if they don't "have to" use a different mouse because of their sponsor.

[Edit: I own the Deathadder for about one and a half year now and never had any problems with it. The kinzu I own since October 2011. No problems whatsoever not a single skip or hiccup and all buttons work fine. Just the Steelseries logo is wearing off.]

[Edit 2: Aaah well. I only played fast paced games like UT3 and Quake Live with those mice. Both of them work perfectly for those kind of games but I'm sure they do for others as well.]

[Edit 3: Mousepad I'm using is the Steelseries Qck heavy. It's pretty large and made for low-sense players. I gotta say you really feel a big difference between some mousepads. So experience of these mice might change due to different mousepads.]

Enough edits for now.  embarrassed
« Last Edit: Wed 26.02.2014 22:23:59 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #8 on: Thu 27.02.2014 00:10:46 »

Played UT3 with a opto-mechanical mouse (with a ball inside (!)) until late 2010s. It worked well. Very well, it was my best time :D. If you adept every settings, it's like an extended armxxxlaugh.gif
Never$leep
Doublekill Member

« Reply #9 on: Thu 27.02.2014 06:25:54 »

But I still can't understand how can be optical mouse better then laser? And there is a problem with optical mouse - I can't play on the table with optical mouse, only with laser...

And bloody as I remember u had Steelseries XAI mouse, right?

martini, 10 years for the mouse is f awesome. Looks like Logitech is op, but now I rly dont know what kind of mouse I should take - optical or laser.

For now I wanna take optical Logitech or Steelseries mouse but if bloody tell me why optical is overpower :)

P.S thx for answers, I thought u r all dead here :>

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #10 on: Thu 27.02.2014 10:16:07 »

First of all I don't want to say that Optical is better than Laser. I might have used some wrong phrases^^ I mean that I'm happier with optical mouses than with laser, but each to their own.

Yeah I had the Xai for a while but sold it and got the Kinzu.

Don't know how I'm supposed to explain this. My English isn't what it used to be.  xxxlaugh.gif

However, I'll give it a shot.

So far almost every Laser mouse I had became "buggy" after a few months or years and the laser didn't work properly anymore. I noticed it when I was using it on the windows homescreen, when the cursor was jumping around a bit when I tried to hit random icons. I couldn't draw a solid line it was fluctuating.

Here is what I mean:

I purposely messed up the upper line, it wasn't THAT bad but still very much noticable in and out-game. However, that's what it looked like using, for example, the Xai. I used different mouse pads and cleaned everything to make sure it's not the surface that was dirty or anything. Yet it still was fucked up...

The lower line is drawn free handed! Didn't use the solid line tool.

Dipsy-doodling all over the place I decided to switch to optical mice after a few suggestions by various other players and had no problem whatsoever, whether be it the sensor or the mouse in general.

Those are my 2 cents. If you prefer other mice, go for it and buy the one's you like. I mean it's your decision.  afrodd.gif
« Last Edit: Thu 27.02.2014 10:50:07 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Thu 27.02.2014 13:01:23 »

There are better and worse laser and led sensors. You could check some review or consumer ratings on the web to get an idea what kind of quality a mouse manufacturer offers.

In theory, laser sensors work on various kind of surfaces (even glass) and allow a higher resolution, thereby a faster mouse movement / higher dpi are possible without getting incorrect results. Thy should require no maintenance or become incorrect, but is seems to be possible, as Bloody wrote.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #12 on: Thu 27.02.2014 13:08:26 »

Thy should require no maintenance or become incorrect, but is seems to be possible, as Bloody wrote.

Yes you are right. Hence I was quite surprised that it happened THREE times... :/

Only thing that is bugging me a bit about optic sensors is the lift off distance. I used to lift the mouse pretty often, due to the low sense, thus it sometimes throws around the cursor after lifting. Well, at least at the beginning. Now I don't have this problem anymore. Apparently I adapted to it  tongue
« Last Edit: Thu 27.02.2014 15:16:28 by Bloody.Bender »

Never$leep
Doublekill Member

« Reply #13 on: Thu 27.02.2014 15:09:23 »

Laser mouses have this bug too when u lift them. On my 1st razer imperator with one sensor my cursor was so crazy when I lift the mouse and put it back. With the 2nd imperator 2012 I dont have this bug. Maybe because of dual sensor system and better in-mouse driver.

RattleSN4K3
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #14 on: Thu 27.02.2014 18:45:30 »

The "bugginess" may also derive from the surface you are using the mouse on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: