Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Path deletion, saving & loading  (Read 2175 times)
SavagE

« on: Sun 13.04.2014 18:41:25 »

I have an issue. I made a path, recorded the footage, everything nice and smooth. But I wanted to make another campath, created it, saved and boom - when i tried to load it with F5, the very first campath loaded. It happens every time! I tried to delete the points manually and save an empty path, but it wouldnt work - at least 5 campoints always persist. How do I resolve this?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Mon 14.04.2014 12:06:09 »

I'm not able to reproduce this problem with the latest RypelCam release. What version of RypelCam do you currently use?

RypelCam 3.13 is the only release to make use of dynamic arrays to store cam points. Using this release could cause the problem you described.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
SavagE

« Reply #2 on: Mon 14.04.2014 12:36:06 »

Im using the latest one. Maybe Ill try to reinstall it and see what happens.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Mon 14.04.2014 19:10:07 »

Can you send me the RypelCam config file?
It is located in My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTRypelCam.ini
You should have the permission to attach files to posts now (additional options below the post).

Im using the latest one. Maybe Ill try to reinstall it and see what happens.
You can just remove UTRypelCam.ini to revert to default settings.

SavagE

« Reply #4 on: Tue 15.04.2014 22:37:34 »

it seems that u need a minimum of 4 campoints in order for Rypel to register them. So please update your tutorial with that information.

Also - is it possible to orbit players? I could REALLY use a 3rd person free cam! (working in conjunction with campth, if possible)
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Wed 16.04.2014 12:10:59 »

Ok, false alarm then.

it seems that u need a minimum of 4 campoints in order for Rypel to register them. So please update your tutorial with that information.
RypelCam tutorial:
Basics:
2.5 : To make a cam path, at least 4 cam points have to be set.

It should be changed to be more clear in the readme, maybe also some infos in the in-game hud would be useful.

Also - is it possible to orbit players? I could REALLY use a 3rd person free cam! (working in conjunction with campth, if possible)
You can lock/unlock the third person view to the viewing direction of the spectated player with 'L'. If the view is unlocked, you can orbit the camera around the player.

With 'NumpadZero' you can attach the demo spectator to a player and follow it. You can than set the relative location with the usual movement inputs, but this is a separate feature that does not work together with a camera path.
« Last Edit: Wed 16.04.2014 12:12:19 by VegasKill »

SavagE

« Reply #6 on: Thu 17.04.2014 02:54:06 »

can i bind the yawing controls to the keyboard somehow instead of mouse? So the footage is more fluid?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Thu 17.04.2014 12:18:30 »

You can use a third party software to reorganize keybinds. For example, a popular one is called autohotkey, you can remap your keybinds, also to a gamepad, or add makro scripts to keys.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Check the autohotkey-script: "Moving the Mouse Cursor via the Keyboard" on this page

You may change the keys in the script to something else than the arrow keys to move the mouse (arrow keys are used by RypelCam to pause/change playback speed)..

SavagE

« Reply #8 on: Mon 21.04.2014 03:33:00 »

thanks for the tips, vegas! Meanwhile, is it possible for you to make a quick update of RC that enables higher FPS capture? I could really, really use more than 120 fps for some slow motion shots. Maybe something like 3 hundred? Or maybe at least 200?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Mon 21.04.2014 21:44:08 »

Fine, the next RypelCam release will allow to set up to 300 fps for dumpframes over the RypelCam menu and any higher value by editing the RypelCam config file.

It's too much of a hassle to prepare an official release with just minor changes, though. If you really need a quick update, I can send you an inofficial release when the requested features are ready.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: