Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello All!!!  (Read 1675 times)
ROPlayer

« on: Thu 09.10.2014 19:45:52 »

Hi guys I am using rypelCam for RO and I am starting to get used to it! It is working good but there are some problems. On few maps the soldiers weapons are not visible. On other maps they are visible with no problem. I am making ServerSide demos ONLY. If you have any idea please let me know what the problem may be. Is there any later or enhanced version of the Camera for RO? I wish it was updated to a later version with few bugs removed and few things added just like in the UT 2004 one.
Thank you very much in advance and I look forward hearing your  replies!
Your's sincere: ROPlayer.
ROPlayer

« Reply #1 on: Thu 09.10.2014 21:06:14 »

HI this is what I found in the code: WEAPONDRAW IS SET TO FALSE FOR SOME REASON. May be I should set it to true and recompile rypelcam???

But still, it shows weapons on some maps....no idea why!!!

//overlay.weaponCont = overlay.pc.GetEntryLevel().Game.LoadDataObject(class'weaponSaver', "ws", "weapondata");
   foreach overlay.ViewportOwner.Actor.AllActors(class'Actor', ta)
   {
    ta.CullDistance = 0;
   }
   foreach overlay.ViewportOwner.Actor.AllActors(class'HUD', other_hud)
    {
     overlay.h=other_hud;
     break;
    }
   foreach overlay.viewportowner.actor.AllActors(class'demorecspectator', o_demo)
       {
        overlay.serverdemo = true;
        overlay.bdrawweapons = false;
       }
   //overlay.curweapon="Assault Rifle";
   //overlay.viewportowner.actor.SetWeaponHand("Right");
   //overlay.bdemo04=false;
   cht = overlay.PC.spawn(class'CamHudTimer');
   cht.overlay=overlay;
   //overlay.PC.Level.pauser=overlay.pc.PlayerReplicationInfo;
    //Playerowner().SetHand(1);
   }

}
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Fri 10.10.2014 21:56:59 »

Hi ROPlayer,

I'm not familiar with the Unreal Engine 2 based RypelCam releases, but will take notice of your wish for updates. I can't test this myself at the current time, though looking at the first person weapon fix in the RO1/UT2K4 RypelCam, it seems to depend on the weapon model for the third person character, so you may first check if that one exists.

If you look for further occurrences of "bdrawweapons", you will find the exec function called "toggleweaponshow", which will toggle the value of bdrawweapons at runtime. Write the name of this function into the console to execute it.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
ROPlayer

« Reply #3 on: Fri 10.10.2014 23:21:29 »

Hi ROPlayer,

I'm not familiar with the Unreal Engine 2 based RypelCam releases, but will take notice of your wish for updates. I can't test this myself at the current time, though looking at the first person weapon fix in the RO1/UT2K4 RypelCam, it seems to depend on the weapon model for the third person character, so you may first check if that one exists.

If you look for further occurrences of "bdrawweapons", you will find the exec function called "toggleweaponshow", which will toggle the value of bdrawweapons at runtime. Write the name of this function into the console to execute it.

Hi and thank you for your reply! I thought that Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 (standalone game NOT the free UT 2004 mod) was using Unreal engine 2.5?

I couldn't understand what you mean by check the model of the weapon? All weapons are working perfectly on the server and on the clients. They are the vanilla weapons.

I did some more tests: On map 1 first recorded demo: demo starts and players spawn immediately after that and they have helmets on and rifles/weapons are visible. On map 2, neither weapons nor hats are visible. on few other maps its the same. I then recorded demo on map 1 again, and this time weapons were visible but no hats?
(By the way class for helmets/hats is called ROHeadGear and extends RODummyAttachment

I am starting to think that it deepends whether you start recording demo BEFORE or AFTER players respawn?
Also I read something somewhere that I must have all the files listed in the serverpackages UNCOMPRESSED in my game folder (this means not cached uxx verion of the files). Otherwise demos wont work? and all the files for the mutators that were running at the time of the demo recording? Is that true?
Oh and I forgot! On one of the maps where no weapons/hats are visible, soldiers bend their bodies in an odd way. Like the skeleton gets stuck at some position and then the meshes gets stretched. On the map where weapons/hats are visible all is fine. All the maps I tested are vanilla maps that come with the game.

I will be so happy if an update was released for the Red Orchestra Ostfront RypeLcam that fixes some problems. I am not demanding for more stuff (recording stuff). The features the current version has are pretty good and should do the job for good video recording. Of course if they are polished somehow the release will be more useful than the current build.

Again, thank you again for your time! By the way I thought I would not find this tool on the internet but thanx to your forum and community I managed to download it! And another suggestion: if you could put manuals for all rypelcam versions in the respective download pages many users will download them :)

OH I ALMOST FORGOT: Watching demo on maps where hats/weapons don't show I saw there is problem with spawning: one team will spawn few seconds after the other for some reason. I saw this using the wireframe mode and looking across the map!

I just tried: typing toggleweaponshow in the console gives me "Unrecognised command" reply
« Last Edit: Fri 10.10.2014 23:26:36 by ROPlayer »
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Sun 12.10.2014 22:30:16 »

Yes, Red Orchestra is UE2.5 - both, the mod and the standalone game. I said that I'm not familiar with UE2 (or UE2.5 ;-)) RypelCam releases, because I joined the RypelCam dev team only after the release of the UT3 RypelCam and didn't work with/on older releases. I recall RypeL complaining that with UE3 many things changed, worked differently or no longer at all, so some features were added and some were removed. Bringing older RypelCam releases up to date may not be as simple as it seems at the first look.

I couldn't understand what you mean by check the model of the weapon?
On few maps the soldiers weapons are not visible.
I assumed you were talking about the first person weapon models not showing, but I guess you meant the weapons don't show up at all (not even when switching between players with NumPad 0 or with the console command "behindview 1"). I can't really test this, since I don't even own a copy of the game. But this sounds like a demo recording error, the way you mention this happens also to other inventory like the hats, but not every time you record the demo.
You may try to have the demos recorded automatically when the game starts. There was a difference by doing it that way also in UT3.

typing toggleweaponshow in the console gives me "Unrecognised command" reply
Oh, that is a UT2004 thing only, sorry.
« Last Edit: Sun 12.10.2014 22:31:06 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: