Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tactical Ops Demo Manager 3 by UsAaR33 with extensions by {GkC}Poema: Commands  (Read 5051 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« on: Tue 16.12.2014 00:50:59 »

Follow this link: UT99 Demo Manager 3 by UsAaR33 with extensions by {GkC}Poema: Commands
« Last Edit: Tue 16.12.2014 00:52:05 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Thu 25.12.2014 13:09:22 »

I don't get it.

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Thu 25.12.2014 16:24:17 »

The "Demo Manager" is a third party tool included with the UT99 and Tactical Ops RypelCam releases. When installed, the tool is listed in the game menu and offers a demo browser window to see recorded demos, and in addition, it is also active during the demo playback. This way, it can fix bugs that exist in the original demorecording and give you the possibility to enter additional console commands.
This topic is about said additional console commands, which happen to be the same for the Tactical Ops as for the UT99 Demo Manager (therefore the link to the UT99 Demo Manager topic, you can use any of those commands in Tactical Ops).

The Unreal Engine 1 RypelCam is supposed to be used with the included version of the Demo Manager 3, which has been vastly extended and improved compared to the original Demo Manager 3. There seem to be no instructions on the changes or the additional console commands, though.
I listed the available console commands from the source code of the Demo Manager, since they may be very useful if you work with demos in the UE1.

How to enter a console command:
Tabulator is the default key to open the console, than you can write your console command and execute it with the enter key. For example, the console command "ghost" allows you to fly through walls, or "setcamspeed 2" sets the speed of the spectator to twice its normal speed.

sullivaN

« Reply #3 on: Tue 15.09.2015 10:36:21 »

I installed the demomanager right, but I can't see my demo's with the demomanager. They are not listed in demomanager. I don't get it, because the path is right and I am able to watch the demo through "demoplay".

I hope anyone could give me a solution! Smiley
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Wed 16.09.2015 21:03:17 »

I installed the demomanager right, but I can't see my demo's with the demomanager. They are not listed in demomanager. I don't get it, because the path is right and I am able to watch the demo through "demoplay".

I hope anyone could give me a solution! Smiley
What version of the game are you running? (full game / community mod / free UT99 mod)?

Any file with the extension "dem" should show up in the demo list, even if it is just a renamed text file. Probably there is something wrong with the path settings used in the demo manager. Try to set "C:\" as your demo path and copy a demo file there, than check again.

sullivaN

« Reply #5 on: Thu 17.09.2015 13:27:09 »

Thanks for the fast reply!

I did what you said and now its working. Thank you very much!
sullivaN

« Reply #6 on: Fri 18.09.2015 15:56:41 »

I have learned how to use Rypelcam. Now I want to record my small demo with movie unreal. I use virtualdub to play the jpg's that are made by movie unreal, but the speed isn't the same as normal when you are playing TO. Wich fps I should use for movie unreal to get normal speed? Or maybe you have other suggestions?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Fri 18.09.2015 20:06:13 »

VirtualDub converts images to video with the default frame rate of 10fps. You can change this to any framerate you want in video>framerate.

other suggestions?
It is easier to handle and will give you audio for your movie aswell, if you use any screen capture software like AMD GVR, Shadowplay, Fraps or similar.

RypeL
Doublekill Member

« Reply #8 on: Thu 12.11.2015 20:19:57 »

VirtualDub converts images to video with the default frame rate of 10fps. You can change this to any framerate you want in video>framerate.

other suggestions?
It is easier to handle and will give you audio for your movie aswell, if you use any screen capture software like AMD GVR, Shadowplay, Fraps or similar.

Someones still making a TO movie ? Really ? Cool stuff bro afrodd.gif 

Well about recording it: As far as i remember it we used MovieUnreal to capture screenshots at a fixed framerate. Its actually contained in the downloadlink of the first post in this thread. Open up the MovieUnreal2002.zip in there and you will find a Readme that explains its usage. So it was really about using demomanager+rypelcam+movieunreal+virtualdub.
Though these days you really can use any video editing program other then virtualdub to transfer the screenshots to video. Virtualdub was mostly used for that as it had a speedadvantage when PCs were still shit at video editing so that the Virtualdub performance mattered.

Also you can use Fraps or likewise to record and that will be easier then using movieunreal, though capturing screenshots still can give you a better quality. With MovieUnreal you can also capture more then 30 fps per second so that you could create smooth slowmos with it. Also MovieUnreal doesent care if you are recording on a toaster or a monster PC. You could still set it to record 200 fps per second, it would just take longer on a slower PC. With Fraps you will have to lower res etc if your PC cant handle recording at realtime otherwise.  But ya: it doesent record sound. So sound was always a problem and needed to be recorded separatly. ... ah ye, fun times  Grin

« Last Edit: Thu 12.11.2015 20:21:58 by RypeL »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: