Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Owning on Suspense  (Read 3821 times)
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« on: Mon 13.10.2008 21:27:29 »

I played for 5 minutes and i was on massacre and i scored three times  Grin

« Last Edit: Fri 16.01.2009 03:06:47 by VegasKill »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Mon 13.10.2008 22:02:52 »

what did u expect? Look at the enemy team :D
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Tue 14.10.2008 16:30:58 »

I dont know  Wink

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #3 on: Tue 14.10.2008 21:17:25 »

what did u expect? Look at the enemy team :D

I see at least 2 good people in there.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Wed 15.10.2008 09:17:17 »

Yeah, and i see at least 4 good people in red team :)

Actually, what i thought for a long time, is that the victory team is team, that has more good players. For example, at warfare teams are 16*16, but one team has 6 good players, and other team has only 3. Other players can be ignored in this math. As a result we humiliating defeat of the team with less good players. The rest of the players doesn't matter. I saw this effect a lot of times at warfare.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #5 on: Wed 15.10.2008 12:15:57 »

The denotation of this effect is emergence. In fact changing conditions gives proportionally results, but beyond a dedicated point, the result is unpredictable.  Shocked New qualities emerge, like a disproportional result in a game. But dont underrate the effect from mid- and lowskilled playerz: In matches with many playerz (p.e. 16on16) some low/midskillers grown up if they see their tasks (healing, support, kamikaze ;-)). And some dont see. Maybe this is part of this phenomenon.

Perhaps its only a weird idea from a guy who study to many philosophy. Grin

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #6 on: Wed 15.10.2008 12:42:14 »

Yeah, and i see at least 4 good people in red team :)

Actually, what i thought for a long time, is that the victory team is team, that has more good players. For example, at warfare teams are 16*16, but one team has 6 good players, and other team has only 3. Other players can be ignored in this math. As a result we humiliating defeat of the team with less good players. The rest of the players doesn't matter. I saw this effect a lot of times at warfare.

This depends very much on the map and especially the vehicles.
There are vehicles which can be very annoying, even if a noob is sitting inside, like tanks, dark walkers, hellbenders, scorpions.
This is why noobs love to play Suspense so much: there they can camp with all the vehicles and then it gets difficult to score even for good players.
But in general, I agree with you: low skilled players make nearly no difference, unless there are noob-vehicles in the map, mid-skilled players make a small difference and high-skilled players make of course the by far biggest difference.

So if a good team plays a bad team on Suspense, it may end 3-0, if the same good team plays the same bad team on Necropolis, it might end 12-0.
Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #7 on: Wed 15.10.2008 12:44:24 »

The denotation of this effect is emergence. In fact changing conditions gives proportionally results, but beyond a dedicated point, the result is unpredictable.  Shocked New qualities emerge, like a disproportional result in a game. But dont underrate the effect from mid- and lowskilled playerz: In matches with many playerz (p.e. 16on16) some low/midskillers grown up if they see their tasks (healing, support, kamikaze ;-)). And some dont see. Maybe this is part of this phenomenon.

See, this is why Philosophy students often end up as taxi drivers.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #8 on: Wed 15.10.2008 13:05:34 »

tongue

But u say the same: Some changes in conditions results in great differences for the game. Im not sure, but what do u study?  Grin

Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #9 on: Wed 15.10.2008 18:50:52 »

tongue

But u say the same: Some changes in conditions results in great differences for the game. Im not sure, but what do u study?  Grin

International Business Administration.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Wed 15.10.2008 20:13:36 »

I understand, very wize professor ^^
No, really now: I think good players can trick all the team of novices, but midskillerz can be very usefull. Not only for healing & CO, but as Wojci said: sometimes also a blind chicken finds a corn (this sayage sounds very shitty if translated in English^^) and knocks a flag carrier and returns the flag or similar.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #11 on: Wed 15.10.2008 20:29:06 »

Most of the time they just prevent, like taking the enemy flag 1 second before you, while you have boots and armor, and running to their death, and you know, that there is no sense to defend him. And while he "dies" respawned enemies kill you. Great scenario. And i agree, i was that n00b a lot of time and ppl cursed me  Crazysmile1
Me and Wojci were playing Warfare. Actually except of us everyone was n00by is our team, so one guy took orb 1 second before Wojci came, and ran even WITHOUT hoverboard all over the map. He not just wasted time, but he also took mine and Wojci's time, cuz we were actually covering him O_o

Actually i didn't cam here to answer about this question, but to show you some screenshot :)) the power of mode))))
Lets add this mod to own server just for fun? :))

Here is the link to image. WTF i dont see it? I used an img tag.
« Last Edit: Wed 15.10.2008 20:36:05 by aka_sova »
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #12 on: Thu 16.10.2008 12:10:34 »

Hey Mordsspass, now i know, how u can manage the flag. rofl

Hey Vegas, i've a great tool in my firefox: definero-toolbar. Helps me with translation and with some other search functions by doubleclick a word. "Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn."  Grin

If i started to play online, i was n00bish. Humans are not predictable...  Wink But i learned very fast, that VCTF is a TEAM GAME. And if i've see a better player, i dont take the flag, i support him. I dont take a powerup (esp. JB) and i give him a vehicle, if i see before, he can handle it skilly. And often i kill myself to drag the flag 4 the better carrier. Cause he bring it home. And my favorite was lurking on the flag and kill skill0rs with predicting their moving.  Evil

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #13 on: Thu 16.10.2008 12:21:54 »

LOL, why do you kill yourself? You can just feign death and the flag will be dropped automatically, and you remain alive and can support more skilled flag carrier  Crazysmile1
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Thu 16.10.2008 16:36:03 »

Use your definero-toolbar for this: miar sogn a Hen in Dialekt, ober hot Chick kling uanfoch besser.^^

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #15 on: Thu 16.10.2008 17:04:44 »

Vegas ,you go again the rules of the forum you set by yourself =P
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #16 on: Thu 16.10.2008 17:15:27 »

Ohr nee, wehgass. S iss dor abor geen Deudsch!?  Geehd nisch! Grinn Rememba da fore-rulez!

Emh, aka. Yep, i find this out. After a while. LOL

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: Fri 17.10.2008 18:46:31 »

Vegas ,you go again the rules of the forum you set by yourself =P

I am root, I can do whatever I want  cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: