Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Controls and Input HW  (Read 22450 times)
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #80 on: Sat 30.05.2009 08:47:48 »

My setup:

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #81 on: Sat 30.05.2009 09:24:55 »

I like your keyboard  msn012.gif

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #82 on: Sat 30.05.2009 09:48:45 »

Yea, like it too :)
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #83 on: Sat 30.05.2009 10:24:47 »

It's an Ideazon Merc keyboard. I bought it maybe a year ago for 25€ which was a good price. My old keyboard was a standard keyboard that had lived it's life. The left side gaming keys are really nice, but there are a few gripes. It's missing keys for x and z that are used in some games, and also the space key sometimes gets stuck which definitely isn't a good thing.

My table (and the whole room) is a bit of a mess though, I really should clean...  embarrassed

m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #84 on: Sat 30.05.2009 11:37:19 »

My table (and the whole room) is a bit of a mess though, I really should clean...  embarrassed

You should start with some vacuuming, since this is a thread about input hardware I'll suggest Electrolux. A fine brand of vacuum cleaners, they don't take much space yet are still powerful for some serious vacuuming action (I know what you perverts might be thinking, but this is serious!!)

For taking out garbage, nothing does the job better than a standard plastic bag. Serious UT players prefer BLACK plastic, but it's just a matter of preference and personal taste.

Next, you should check for AwfulUnderwear, playing UT can get pretty intense, but you don't wanna be caught with a brown patch on your pants in the middle of the match - that would be a Humiliating Defeat straight away!

This brings us to the washing machine. Now this is really important. You can tell a good UT player by the washing machine he uses. For example you might think that skill is what makes Mordsspass a good UT player, nah you're completely wrong. The trick is in the washing machine - his is actually so loud I could hear it on TS (I'm not making this up, this happened, ask Mord) Therefore I'd suggest Whirlpool - it's a well respected brand the GUI is rich with options yet simple enough so that you can even let your girlfriend play with it from time to time.

So as you see we are not interested in pictures of your PC case, we are interested in photos of your vacuum cleaner, a package of plastic bags, washing machine and if you are brave enough, your underwear.

Bring it! and show us you are a true UT gamer. msn012.gif

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: Sat 30.05.2009 12:04:38 »

Nice sidepad on the keyboard, I guess its comftable with a light skew to the left (I turn my keyboard as a whole to get this position Grin).

@Double M4rtini: C:\format room does a good job, but that belongs in the software sectionm not here  xxxw00t.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #86 on: Sat 30.05.2009 12:56:47 »

Well my vacuum cleaner is a small LG one, does the job ok, though I suck at vacuuming.  xxxras.gif
Unfortunately I don't have a washing machine in the flat, but instead use the ones in the building laundry room. As for my underwear I have several different awful ones but I'll rather not share all my tricks.  msn012.gif

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #87 on: Thu 20.08.2009 17:09:23 »

Hardcore players, this one is for you - Razer Naga xxxlaugh.gif

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #88 on: Thu 20.08.2009 17:19:20 »

wow weapon choice alone with the mouse possible

looks more like a telephone
« Last Edit: Thu 20.08.2009 22:13:08 by Splitter »

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #89 on: Thu 20.08.2009 17:34:24 »

wow weapon choice alone with the mouse possible

LOL 12 Thumbuttons. I am sure its almost impossible to hit the right button

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #90 on: Thu 20.08.2009 22:20:37 »

This looks heavily uncomftable, as if it has no grip while pressing the buttons.
2-3 good placed thumb buttons are great, I can tell, but surely not a whole dial field of a phone.

Reminds me to the Simpsons episode with the fatass Homer:
*telephone answering device: 'Probably your fingers are too fat for the buttons on your phone. If this is the case, press all buttons contemporarily.' Grin

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #91 on: Thu 20.08.2009 23:05:31 »

'to get a special telephone for fatties' xD

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #92 on: Sun 08.11.2009 19:00:30 »

For super-hardcore guys  xxxlaugh.gif

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: Sun 08.11.2009 19:45:35 »

For super-hardcore guys  xxxlaugh.gif
Why not? I could use 4 standard mouse buttons...

Apple made a whole touchpad out of their wireless 'magic mouse' . One mono-button to click looks like a glossy, empty mouse surface where you can scroll and zoom with finger movements like on the iphone. Sounds like an innovative idea but (unfortunately?) crap for gaming. Apple sure will get no complaints from gamers, so never mind. Grin

darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #94 on: Sun 08.11.2009 22:16:52 »

btw: I tried out the razer Naga and lmao there are no klick while pressing the buttons... failed!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #95 on: Mon 09.11.2009 01:58:31 »

Apple made a whole touchpad out of their wireless 'magic mouse'...
Agree, for gamers it's crap mouse. I don't know it that would be comfortable also for regular using...

btw: I tried out the razer Naga and lmao there are no klick while pressing the buttons... failed!
May be that's for gamers with girlfriends that sleep while u play. No need to wake her up  msn011.gif  xxxlaugh.gif
DeadlySev
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #96 on: Mon 07.12.2009 07:03:38 »

cheap and good ( hope so.....ordered it yesterday..:/)

I have chosen _darkness_ to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #97 on: Mon 07.12.2009 12:14:12 »

And what is near it? Bullets?  xxxlaugh.gif

(I know it's batteries, no need to explain)
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: Mon 07.12.2009 12:19:12 »

I know it's batteries, no need to explain
Good one, sova! =PPP
No batteries, wights.

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #99 on: Mon 07.12.2009 12:56:13 »

No batteries, wights.
And here i fail too, wtf?  msn001.gif