Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The story about Nightmare and the dense, dense fog  (Read 2835 times)
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« on: Mon 23.02.2009 23:23:33 »

K_G_, you still believe I'm a fog cheater? :( :(

Greets

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
K_G_
Godlike Member

There cannot be light, without darkness!!!

« Reply #1 on: Mon 23.02.2009 23:37:04 »

yes, you dissapoint me:(

Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #2 on: Mon 23.02.2009 23:48:06 »

But why??
Look:
I followed you nearly the whole time and I had jump boots as well.
I was close to you and you always were visible to me (not perfectly, but still visible).
Then you were on your tower and went with the hoverboard to your flag and I shot.
Ok, as said: the Headshot was luck but I aimed for you and it was not that difficult.
(You also would have killed me in this situation).
I'm not 100% sure if the sandstorm reached its end phase.
Maybe Splitter can say something about the situation because he was spectating.

Greets

K_G_
Godlike Member

There cannot be light, without darkness!!!

« Reply #3 on: Tue 24.02.2009 00:23:29 »

But why??
Look:
I followed you nearly the whole time and I had jump boots as well.
I was close to you and you always were visible to me (not perfectly, but still visible).
Then you were on your tower and went with the hoverboard to your flag and I shot.
Ok, as said: the Headshot was luck but I aimed for you and it was not that difficult.
(You also would have killed me in this situation).
I'm not 100% sure if the sandstorm reached its end phase.
Maybe Splitter can say something about the situation because he was spectating.

Greets

hahahah im just kidding man! it was ur skill :p

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Tue 24.02.2009 01:49:42 »

I moved the previous posts here after splitting an other thread where these topic didn't belong to.
Please follow some basic structure when posting. If your post doesn't fit in existing topics create a new one.

Anyways, I wouldn't expect Nightmare85 to have the fog effect off. Especially if he says he has the effect, I will belive him. The fog is sometimes more and sometimes less dense, so sometimes you can see pretty much, some times you still can see the flag carrier glowing and other times instead, you see only the glow of the darkwalker and the scavenger. So, depending on the distance, it sure is possible to see enemies trough the fog.
« Last Edit: Tue 24.02.2009 01:58:36 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
ArcAne
banned

PtE

« Reply #5 on: Tue 24.02.2009 08:40:20 »

I don't think nightmare would have fog off either, because that would totally contradict the way he plays and how he hates people that do that and exploit and stuff ^^
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Tue 24.02.2009 13:31:14 »

I told him about this trick smth like 3-4 days ago, before this time he didn't know about this bug at all. He actually caught me using it a bit  laughanim2.gif
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Tue 24.02.2009 13:53:46 »

WHO didn't know about the fog? All the noobs on public are using it, so who are you talking about?  wasted

Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #8 on: Tue 24.02.2009 13:55:57 »

I told him about this trick smth like 3-4 days ago, before this time he didn't know about this bug at all. He actually caught me using it a bit  laughanim2.gif

So the guy which spends hours everyday in Epic forums and tries to find bugs and glitches didn't know that you can switch the fog off on Sandstorm?

And you are not using it "a bit", you have it switched off all the time.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #9 on: Tue 24.02.2009 14:11:19 »

So the guy which spends hours everyday in Epic forums and tries to find bugs and glitches didn't know that you can switch the fog off on Sandstorm?

LOL I don't use it anyway. And I dunnot believe, that Nighty do it, if he say no.  Cool

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #10 on: Tue 24.02.2009 14:13:56 »

Yes he didn't know about .ini tweaks...ask him to prove it if you don't believe me =\

Yes, i have it turned off since i turned it off :D  But that doesn't matter that much cuz anyway i don't play nowadays almost :p
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Tue 24.02.2009 14:41:18 »

Yes he didn't know about .ini tweaks...ask him to prove it if you don't believe me =\
This sounds like a new case for our INSPECTOR, lol.
Do you really think Night didn't KNOW about this ini setting?
If he said so he maybe just wanted to fool you. xD ...thats so typical for our inspector sofa  laughanim2.gif

Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #12 on: Tue 24.02.2009 18:53:41 »

Hey guys,
I hope no one called the police  xxxw00t.gif
First off, thanks for trusting me :)

I have to say Sova's logic is not that bad:
As some of you expected, I knew it's possible to turn off the fog.
However, since I wasn't interested in it (it wasn't a reason for me to write it in any threads), I did not check how exactly it works - it sounded for me more like an unfair trick, not a real bug/glitch.
After a Sandstorm match against Sova, I discussed with him about the fog (but I don't want to say the reason... maybe you can imagine it^^ :D ).
He told me how exactly it works and he said I should try it out.
I tried it one time offline (screen becomes a little bit darker but it's all still visible).
After the test I deleted all my configs because I had other problems before.
Maybe you know that:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6831/ut32009011619595090kl8.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6328/ut32009011700110453rb3.jpg
(Can happen after changing any values.)
If I hadn't had any problems, I never would have deleted it, just turning on the fog.

I think my best argument is that nearly all know I'm a fair player that does not use bugs on purpose.
Things like 1 Avril kills are not my fault^^
So I don't have interest to turn off fogs or to change any graphics settings or to use unfair tricks.
I don't want to fool myself!

Greets

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Tue 24.02.2009 19:24:40 »

I play with fog too. Hopefully the new patch forces also the  "dont't want to use predefined settings" people to play with storm, right sova? ^^

@ Night85: The problem on your pic (I can see only the 1st one) is that you have the game modes listed twice.
I'm sure you made a backup of an ini file by just copying it in to the same folder. The game checks all ini files tough and adds also the game modes from the 2nd ini to the list.
You can just zip the ini, so it won't cause trouble.

OMG, I must sound like a total ini-freak that messes around with that files all the time! xD
I found this error as I tested some stuff for our server on my pc and made a backup via copy/paste.

« Last Edit: Tue 24.02.2009 19:26:11 by VegasKill »

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #14 on: Tue 24.02.2009 23:04:15 »

Hopefully the new patch forces also the  "dont't want to use predefined settings" people to play with storm, right sova? ^^
Exactly! :D  btw, is there any mode, that shows you the time left till the flag disappears after it's dropped by smb? Like a timer near flags score. Would be very useful...
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #15 on: Wed 25.02.2009 00:03:10 »

Its not warfare, sova.  wink2.gif

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #16 on: Wed 25.02.2009 01:54:44 »

Its not warfare, sova.  wink2.gif
But it may help you a lot in deciding whether you have to go and pick up dropped flag or wait for it to return back to its place...
« Last Edit: Wed 25.02.2009 16:27:07 by aka_sova »
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #17 on: Fri 27.02.2009 21:24:53 »

I only played without fog against RR, cause they had it disabled too. But after the clanwar I switched it back to on!

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: