Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new patch 2.0 & Titan Pack  (Read 9634 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: Fri 06.03.2009 12:31:50 »

RCam - ...pressed J my camera moves from point to point, but it's stopping at each one of points.

J reflects the timing you had while making the points, if I remember right. I didn't ever use the automatic mode, so I can't tell you about. Have to test if Rcam works at all, but I guess so.

- the wall jump after hoverboard... well epic, did u just forgot it??
hm...i don't know, i have same UT3 as you and i can make dodge jump after i jump of the hoverboard on some wall O_o

So you probably didn't play on a patched server. Hoverboard-walldodges at high speed have been disabled. What a pity!

Mess with the best, die like the rest
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #21 on: Fri 06.03.2009 13:37:04 »

RCam - ...pressed J my camera moves from point to point, but it's stopping at each one of points.
J reflects the timing you had while making the points, if I remember right. I didn't ever use the automatic mode, so I can't tell you about. Have to test if Rcam works at all, but I guess so.
Ok i'll try again, but that sux if RCam automatic mode doesn't work anymore :((
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #22 on: Fri 06.03.2009 14:42:48 »

I've played last night on different servers and I could only say, I hate the new "improvements".

1) The Titan Mode is only a fungame beside any normal game mode on UT. Its not UT its console arcade fun smashing. Its crap. Who need this outside mutators? I fear, this useless thing is available on evry map.  Embarrassed

2) New Maps showing the absence of any interest. I agree, that ppl, who develop maps like sus-necris, cannot have played only one hour this game. How barmy u have to be for giving one side such an advantage?

3) Hoverboard-Jumping-Dodge: I didn't use it till this time, but I see it many times and I mean Epic try to fill the server with n00bs, as they cut off skilled movements to "balance" the game. Its like the Titan. No skills - no problem!

4) Bugs: The Avril isn't reliable. I hear in TS and read on screen many messages, that some1 fired a avril and doesn't happens anyway. I heal the tank in Kargo as I stand on top and my link beam raise me up. Before I can take a photo, I was killed. Many textur/collision box bugs. Wojci and I see in Rails the flag under the elevator near by the wall. Can walk over it - nothing. etc etc etc

5) Menue: Why I should doubleclick to get an effect? Better familiarization 4 n00bs? Cuz Bill Gates want more OS integration? And the dark colour: It should seems like carbon fibre, but if u watch it sharp, its coarse grained like a textur from DOOM1! Its typically to made such a easy thing so loveless.

I'm so disappointed. Hope, the most server will boycott this and epic repatch the worst things.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #23 on: Fri 06.03.2009 15:05:48 »

ok, seems like problem with points solver itself, i just have to click J twice :p  Now the problem is with leaning camera right or left. Seems like that doesn't work for me :(
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #24 on: Fri 06.03.2009 16:12:33 »

AND THE MOST FUCKING EPIC BULLSHIT IDEA is to disable a wall jump after jumping from Hoverboard!!!!
thats so .......

I never used this walljump after getting off the hoverboard.
However, I've tested it right now.
Could it be the same as this bug?
37. Hoverboard dodge does not work if you dodge before - not fixed

You can normally dodge when you are on hoverboard (left dodge and right dodge).
However, if you make a normal dodge and get on the hoverboard while being in air, the hoverboard dodge won't work anymore.
You have to get off and get on it again (without dodge, too).
The hoverboard dodge is not a bug, the bug is that it won't work if you dodge before.
Some may not know the hoverboard dodge, so just look at the screenshots:

Why I do think this:

Well, if you get normally on the hoverboard and are able to do a normal hoverboard dodge, the walljump will work as well!
If you dodge and get on the hoverboard while being in air and the normal hoverboard dodge does not work, the wall jump will not work as well.
Test it...

Greets
« Last Edit: Fri 06.03.2009 16:13:29 by Nightmare85 »

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #25 on: Fri 06.03.2009 17:37:10 »

What does it say now when you make a killing spree or massacre? Does it still say massacre or asassin? or something like that

made by Epic Games:

http://www.youtube.com/v/OZqR5zGyBMQ&hl=de&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZqR5zGyBMQ&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #26 on: Fri 06.03.2009 17:59:25 »

Hey Bloody, it will be announced "Assassin" if u kill a Titan. After he die, a explosion like a deemer impact will destroy his body. And u receive 7 points an ur titan scale.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #27 on: Fri 06.03.2009 18:13:13 »

other map : Stranded

Blue has fakkin advantage again

they have the stealthbender, and i checked the Xray thingy, u can place it on flag so if u wanne thake the flag u get at least 15 damage.

The link station. Alsoo fakkin unfair because it heals like 6 link guns, blue has tank and if u place the tank at a good positions with links station next to it, red will lose for sure.

Only new thing for red is the 'Eradictor' or something like that.. Its a fakkin SPMA stat cant move ?

Today I was on blue and they pwned our asses so damn hard.
We had absolutely no chance.
Ok, maybe the teams were unbalanced as well, I had 10 points and the other 5 guys had 1 or 0 or -1?!

This Eradictor is deadly, it destroyed my 900HP-tank with 1 shot after I left its spawn zone.
It really seems blue have an advantage, but in the game it can be completely different.
I will play the map more often, then we can see if it's really unbalanced.

Greets

Wojci
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #28 on: Fri 06.03.2009 18:29:44 »

hi night!!!
with the hoverboard wall dodges i mean this look in our forum General/Videos/flagruns/Sandstorm Run3 there u can see 2 times a hoverboard walldodge jump!!!
have a look
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #29 on: Fri 06.03.2009 18:51:25 »

Works well for me!?
I tried it on another map but it was the same kind.
Did you try it offline and online on a 2.0 server?
I will check it on Sandstorm.

Greets

ArcAne
banned

PtE

« Reply #30 on: Sat 07.03.2009 11:34:28 »

Ok heres my 2 cents

Epic i think worked quite hard on this yet there are still many bugs features missing. However so far i think the Pros outweigh the cons.

Anyway i know you're mostly vCTF like we are, but here are my opinions on the maps.

vCTF:
Rails - Excellent map, so many possibilities for capping and its got a nice flow

Stranded - Blue SHOULD win this

Suspense Necris - Utter sh** worst map i ever saw

WAR:
Confrontation - Excellent map, great fun to play, good visuals, and no core n00bing with some bugs as there is no way to get to the core, its at the end of a long tunnel you have to shoot with manta/raptor or when you go up a jumpad you have a brief second to get some shots on it

Hostile - Nice eerily themed map, can tell its suppose to be based on Na Pali for those that played Unreal I

Cold Harbor - Great map, only way to kill core is with a node

Downtown Necris - Better than the susp necris conversion, but still, sh**

CTF:
Haven't played any of the new maps in CTF, so i can't comment on their game play

DM:
Koos Barge - By far my favourite DM map, great for 1v1 and is the UT3 predescessor to Koos Galleon (UT99)

OceanRelic - Great map, my second favourite DM map :D

Turbine - Great remake of the classic map from UT99

Morbias - Not exactly new ... and is just rocket arena (was released in the bonus pack, last year)

DarkMatch - Great gameplay, appart from in DM you can see name tags so its not really "Dark" enough xD

EdenInc - Nice designed map, enjoyed it

Greed: First of all this is a great gametype, combine team deathmatch with CTF and could say gives a Bombing Run feel from UT2k4

Stranded - Red should win this, easier to get down the hill to score skulls

Rails - Great fun, ballanced match

Susp Necrs - Not even going to say

NanoBlack - Great fun to play in Greed

Lost Cause - Great fun to play in greed

Morbid - Boring

Face - Good fun, too much sniping, though

Shaft - Nice map, easy to get lost at first

Searchlight - Overall i say its ok, but not my favourite of them all...

Anyway overall i think its a great expansion, but they need to release a new patch ASAP to fix the server issues and some Clientside issues too.

I made a 2.1 request thread here : http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663523

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #31 on: Sat 07.03.2009 20:52:27 »

the new patch is pure shit. dodge bugs., avril bugs, vibrations while falling and the whole game is slower.

and what should that fucking titan mutator shit be? a mode for noobs who cant kill without 800 or in the second stage with 1600 hp?

u neednt skill to kill then. they need a new patch ( 2.1) in the next two months. that errors must be fixed its unbelieveable. the gameplay is to bad!!. the only thing that looks good is the new menu but thats not important.

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
ArcAne
banned

PtE

« Reply #32 on: Sun 08.03.2009 00:43:41 »

What annoys me, is people that complain about free stuff, no one is making you play the game.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: Sun 08.03.2009 10:47:46 »

What annoys me, is people that complain about free stuff, no one is making you play the game.

It is great if something new comes for free, even if it isn't a necessary addition or even a seriously "moderate" addition. To clearify this one: there is absolutely no problem with the expansion pack.
And the problem in the patch/expansion is not consisting in the double click menu, bad calibrated maps or the titans mod. The menu is still more or less as functional as before, unbalanced maps won't run on many server and mods like Titans can be enabled and disabled.
The essential issues with UT3 1.4 are the irreversible changes in the gameplay like Goliath with more hp or disabled dodging as Wojci stated.

Blame ppl that lament on additional free stuff that Epic offers that noone makes them play.
But leave the criticism that the rest of us brings up, because we complain with good reason! Some changes are a downgrade to UT3  we will have to deal with.
« Last Edit: Sun 08.03.2009 11:00:07 by VegasKill »

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #34 on: Sun 08.03.2009 10:56:41 »

the new patch is pure shit. dodge bugs., avril bugs, vibrations while falling and the whole game is slower.

and what should that fucking titan mutator shit be? a mode for noobs who cant kill without 800 or in the second stage with 1600 hp?

u neednt skill to kill then. they need a new patch ( 2.1) in the next two months. that errors must be fixed its unbelieveable. the gameplay is to bad!!. the only thing that looks good is the new menu but thats not important.

ಠ_ಠ wow, bad critic. At the moment I'm glad that I cant play, otherwise I had to report about all the bugs...  heads2.png

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: Sun 08.03.2009 11:41:49 »

I'd like to play the Titans campaign, but I had to start from zero as I played the original campaign on my old pc a year ago. =s

Is there a way to come fast to the ending fight with akasha, cause I don't intend to play 40+ bot games.  wasted

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #36 on: Sun 08.03.2009 12:03:27 »

cheats...  xxxlaugh.gif

Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #37 on: Sun 08.03.2009 13:32:31 »

There is a Titan campaign??
Never heard about this...

Greets

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #38 on: Sun 08.03.2009 14:53:29 »

wow thats weird. in the moment when my pc started and i click on the ut3 symbol. or if i join a ut3 server, i get a crazy feeling... its like that i shouldnt be here or that its already boring. its like if u sleep at a friends house, u dont dont feel at home. in the 15 months ut3 now i always felt at home. maybe im not the only one, who says that. i just know that ut3 isnt the same like before and it will never be like before.
« Last Edit: Sun 08.03.2009 15:05:18 by Splitter »

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
Atomrolf
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #39 on: Sun 08.03.2009 15:08:56 »

sry dude but I can't let your critic get unanswered... Roll Eyes

1. Why shouldn't we complain about something just because its free stuff???  wasted
its pretty nice that Epic supports its players community with patches and improvments and the fact that they care about the gaming community is commendable, but this doens't mean coevally that u just have to be grateful about all reformations...

2. it will be no longer possible to play the game like u did it before (online), so even if u really don't like it u have to arrange for the patch. When the fun factor decreases u won't complain??? Just imagine u are playing a game passionately, something changes and gets a slightly negative touch...don't tell me that u wouldn't be disappointed...
« Last Edit: Sun 08.03.2009 15:19:55 by Atomrolf »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: