Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new patch 2.0 & Titan Pack  (Read 9623 times)
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« on: Thu 05.03.2009 15:50:02 »

Hey,
I would say let's continue here :)

First off:
I'm very satisfied that Epic did not ignore my last message about the Avril exploit.
You had the possibility to shoot an Avril, throw it away, pick it up and shoot again.
Faster than normal shooting.
It is not possible now :)
You can't throw away your Avril while shooting, great work!! :) :)

Greets

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
dnc-mafia
Multikill Member

« Reply #1 on: Thu 05.03.2009 16:18:21 »

The new maps sucks.

Suspense_necris is fakkin unfair,

BLUE:  Darkwalker, 2 times nemisis, viper and fury

RED: Tank( 900 hp ) raptor, scorp, manta and spma

1 nemisis can take out all red vehiciels with no problems.

and with 2 nemisis its even easier.

other map : Stranded

Blue has fakkin advantage again

they have the stealthbender, and i checked the Xray thingy, u can place it on flag so if u wanne thake the flag u get at least 15 damage.

The link station. Alsoo fakkin unfair because it heals like 6 link guns, blue has tank and if u place the tank at a good positions with links station next to it, red will lose for sure.

Only new thing for red is the 'Eradictor' or something like that.. Its a fakkin SPMA stat cant move ?

And about the manta under water... its not fixed because i got by accident under water with it... dunno how i did it but its possible and it didnt damage me.

For the rest it looks oke, browser is a bit better and settings are better...

P.S.  can someone tell me how to dropp a waepon xD

don't hate the player, hate the game
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Thu 05.03.2009 17:03:14 »

I have encoding text problem. I don't see new settings' name and also have strange text in betrayal and greed modes...can be someone faced it?

PS. Sry for duplicating my post, i just saw this thread, and i'm too lazy to erase another one.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #3 on: Thu 05.03.2009 18:00:14 »

Hellyah, can't await to come home and install it! But it seems, suckspense is still suckspense.  laughanim2.gif Two radarfox-cannot-decide-with-which-one-he-gonna-kill-u-nemesis and a suspnecriskillerwojcilovelyfury on top - forget it!  Roll Eyes

But anyway, I'm horny to play!  Crazysmile1

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Thu 05.03.2009 18:00:28 »

WTF! Suspense Necris has axon and necris vehicles? Fuckin shit! Why not 1 fury in red 1 fury in blue etc.... ?

And I WANT TO PLAY NOW! BUT MY FUCKIN PROCESSOR ISNT AVAIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
K_G_
Godlike Member

There cannot be light, without darkness!!!

« Reply #5 on: Thu 05.03.2009 18:15:13 »

I CAN PLAY ut3 AND YOU CAN NOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!:D:D wink2.gif

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Thu 05.03.2009 18:34:57 »

YOU SUCK IN UT3 AND I DOOOOOOOOOOONT xDxDxD

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #7 on: Thu 05.03.2009 18:56:00 »

How is the kickvote working now?

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #8 on: Thu 05.03.2009 18:58:16 »

with F5 like on phx server or like the voting on standard servers (esc)

if more than the half  players vote 'yes' ,u get removed from server
« Last Edit: Thu 05.03.2009 18:58:50 by Splitter »

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #9 on: Thu 05.03.2009 19:16:00 »

Well, not soooo bad cause at least you cant get kicked when the whole enemy team votes yes, except they are 1 more as your team...^^

Heggi
Doublekill Member

« Reply #10 on: Thu 05.03.2009 19:31:38 »

lol,
if you cant beat the other team then u can kick it! finger 
 laughanim2.gif laughanim2.gif laughanim2.gif laughanim2.gif
« Last Edit: Thu 05.03.2009 19:32:02 by Heggi »

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #11 on: Thu 05.03.2009 20:03:03 »

I think they will say that you have to disable it. And I think no1 would kick you in a clanwar. Cause you dont have anytime to insult some1 xD

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #12 on: Thu 05.03.2009 23:22:23 »

I tried also Warfare and DM maps... Roll Eyes

Among warfare maps i liked the most Confrontation. A lot of space and a lot of vehicles. As it should be. Another map, somewhere in snowy mountains is also nice, i liked hellbender in the lift the most :D

Among DM maps the funniest is Ocean Relic or something like that. Health powering pools, LOL  laughanim2.gif  btw, there is new pickup - slowfield, created slowfield around you for 1 minute. I don't see any use of it  wasted
Heggi
Doublekill Member

« Reply #13 on: Thu 05.03.2009 23:23:24 »

Still u can get from the server browser favourites menu i.e. to main menu/friends list/messages in 1 click and i dont like that.
and why double clicks in the main menu but not in the other menus? would it it be logical to have same everywhere? and why do we need double clicks at all in menus, its not windows u know...
and the friends and messages lists dont have any sorting yet, which is rediculous. what program that has some kind of tables/lists dont have sorting? i can only think of unreal...

and the black background is ugly, why colour change? was it something the community requested?

some small improvements but half the things i wanted is not implemented/improved/patched still.

Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #14 on: Thu 05.03.2009 23:45:38 »

I think you mean you can't get from the favourites back.
It's annoying and I can't understand why they didn't add it.

I think they changed a lot of things to let the game look as new  xxxw00t.gif
I also prefered the one-click, but ok, I can live with it...

Greets

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
Wojci
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #15 on: Fri 06.03.2009 01:25:14 »

i am totally sad!!!
the new patch/addon sucks!!!
the new vctf maps are uneven i think the blue has in sus-necris and stranded huge advantages. Rails is ok cause i think its balanced. i also dont like the ability to become a titan i mean ok the game called UNREAL tournament but its too much!!!! i still have some bugs like i "want" to shoot an avril i hear the sound that i used the avril, but no avrilrocket comes!!!!i have to click a second time to shoot one AVRIL.
AND THE MOST FUCKING EPIC BULLSHIT IDEA is to disable a wall jump after jumping from Hoverboard!!!!
thats so .......
i dont know if i will play Titans pack/patch 2.0 cause i dont like much of the new features!!!
900hp tank disgusting!!!
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: Fri 06.03.2009 02:19:57 »

I played UT3 with Titans and Patch v4 this evening and my first impression was pretty good.
...But first impressions exist to be revised.

Betryal
was the first gamemode I had to play because I was curious about those "assasinations". And it was just awesome! The insta working with 2 firing modes for the 2 teams is somehow like the gun in Portal!
As said, awesome - against bots...
As I joined a public server I realized that it makes no sense to play an insta based gamemode online.
With a ping of ~80-100 its just about to hit near a moving enemy, to predict his position in xxx second fractals.  xxxthumbsdown.gif

The menu look
has improved very much in my oppinion! But thats not the most relevant change. Since I didn't have to stare the old shiny white menu for too long time I didn't get no eye cancer also with the old style.
But to stay correct: Nice done Epic - Dark looks so... awesome! =p

The gameplay changes,
sure it will take some time to notice them all.
Just because I'm not yet accustomed to the new gameplay it doesn't mean that e.g. multiple AVRIL pickups aren't a great idea. 900hp Goliaths instead are most probably superfluous.

Maps others than vCTF:
I saw just Nanoblack (pretty good, big necro-styled map) and
Dark Room (maybe a custom map on that server, if not this is an *Epic* joke!)

vCTF maps
Only Rails offers both teams equal chances. The map seems too big for 5-5 clan wars =(
...and the other vctf are so unbalanced that I won't even comment them  xxxthumbsdown.gif

For Night85: BUGS
What I saw in these few hours lets me think that the Epic developers haven't had enough time to finish the game, ...again!  xxxthumbsdown.gif
There are still bugs with black taunting pics or how the avrils act.
If you switch weapons after firing an avril for example, you will see the avril reload animation while you can shoot rockets at the same time! ...or Flack shells like on the pics:

Résumé:
Have the developers been under a publishing deadline pressure because of the beta patch being leaked?
So what about the 1 1/2 years since the UT3 1.0 had to be realeased, "because of time pressure"?
There are wicked details in many parts of the game (just look at the vehicle details and animations) that sadly never come into somebody's eyes during a match. But the gameplay, the loads of bugs and the lack of maps didn't stay unnoticed to noone!
« Last Edit: Fri 06.03.2009 02:31:32 by VegasKill »

Mess with the best, die like the rest
dnc-mafia
Multikill Member

« Reply #17 on: Fri 06.03.2009 09:30:51 »

uuhm did no one of u guys see the new ability Huh???

I FAKKKIN LOVE IT  (L)(L)

u have to fill up a meter ( about 15 kills ) and then u can become like a super saiyen :D with 600 HP en ur twice as big as normal

U have beserk and damaga amp ( juggernaut ) standart rocket lock on evrybody but the rockets looks like avrils.

2e weapon is the shockrifel. The Titan Mode stays untill u die.  but if u fill up the meter again while in TITAN MODE u go to MEGA TITAN MODE , 4 times bigger then normal, and i dont know exactly what happens then xD

ooh and u see urself from 3e person, the camera shakes when u walk, u cant take flag go on hoverboard and stuff.
and if u press E u smass the ground or something, I think that for close enemys.

And if u kill someone in titanmode u get : ASSASIN, worth 7 points for ur meter

Its playeble on darkrobin's server

don't hate the player, hate the game
Atomrolf
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #18 on: Fri 06.03.2009 12:06:02 »

Yesterday evening I played about 2 hours with the new patch and just can say: ridiculous work epic!! Actually I'm not keen on playing UT3 with such stupid innovations and maps.

1. Maps:
- Suspense Necris is just shit, its the most unbalanced map I ever played, why didn't Epic give both sides the necris vehicles??? Don't they play their own game to recognize, that a fury can't be compared to a raptor??? Or 2 nemesis replaced by a tank/hellbender??? Furthermore the map design isn't that creative, just pimping an old map - wow !! Sarcasm
- Stranded was interesting on the first look, but its also not that kind of map I expected to be an improvement. As the prevoius speakers here already said, its not equal for both teams so its just another map u won't play in clanwars...
- Rails seems to be the best one, its pretty big but seems to be equal. But if a sova is right and its possible to become invisible, I can just quote Splitter: "What a joke Epic..."

2. Improvements
- the new menustructure in dark is nice, not necessary but looks good. I didn't test all new preferences but it seems to be at least not worse than before. However there're still little bugs, like showing a server's number of players that's totally incorrect (showing me 12/32 - entering - just me and a bot... Roll Eyes). But probably thats just a local failure on my UT3. Besides the (outer) map designs are nice  Azn
- the titan mode is imo just stupid. Great for campers and n00bs that don't need any skill to kill people. I just tested it once and its ridicolous how few skill u need to kill ur enemys... just press fire as often as u can and aim a little bit and its easy to kill at least 10 enemies in a row. I don't like it, maybe others do, but its fakkin annoying to get killed by those titans when u have no real chance (dd and berserk offers u chances if u are skilled, so those pickups a nice).

3. Gameplay
- I never had that much Avril bugs before, maybe its just hazard  Roll Eyes, but I hit enemy vehicles - nothing happens. I shoot avrils - the rocket disappears. The best improvment concerning Avrils is the fact that u get new ammo on the weapons respawn.
- the wall jump after hoverboard... well epic, did u just forgot it?? People with good movements get a pretty disadvantage and its retarding the game in a huger way u probably think. Honestly good players use it often while escaping from the enemys base and now a useful instrument to move quick and smart has been taken away by the new patch - thats unnecessary and just senseless.

4. Conclusion
I'm pretty disappointed about the patch and the maps  xxxsad.gif
Well I just played for prob. 2 hours but then I didn't feel to continue playing and that's just sad... maybe I will come to terms with the improvements reformations, but my first impression is bad. The game doesn't honor anymore good players but increases the strenght of players who aren't that skilled to kill under normal circumstances better ones, just a detection - no valuation.
Thats all I can say about the new patch among my first impressions. Let's see how it will jumble the way to play.  xxxnoexpression.gif
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #19 on: Fri 06.03.2009 12:15:42 »

May be it's problem of new patch, i'm not sure, so i write it here. Vegas, do you have the same problem with RCam as i do? After i placed points with time intervals and pressed J my camera moves from point to point, but it's stopping at each one of points. That's pretty stupid, after camera is leaving one points, it increases it's speed, then when it reaches another points it decreases it's speed until it stops. Then continue this way to other points  wasted  Never faced it before.

- the wall jump after hoverboard... well epic, did u just forgot it??
hm...i don't know, i have same UT3 as you and i can make dodge jump after i jump of the hoverboard on some wall O_o
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: