Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new patch 2.0 & Titan Pack  (Read 9629 times)
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #40 on: Sun 08.03.2009 15:24:59 »

Imo the Titan Pack would be much better when they brought old gametypes back, like Double Domination, Assault and Bombing Run and not so fuck mutators and gametypes like Titan and Greed etc.....
« Last Edit: Sun 08.03.2009 15:25:33 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #41 on: Sun 08.03.2009 15:52:00 »

I think we should divide the Titan Pack and the patch:

The Titan Pack is definitely free and you don't need it if you don't like it.
No one depends on it.

The patch is also free, but you depend on it.
You can't just say "I don't need it" because you need it if you want to play on many servers.
Therefore, criticism is ok in my opinion and even if it sounds bad, Epic can be glad because they can learn of it.
Let's hope patch 2.1 won't come after a half year.

Greets

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #42 on: Sun 08.03.2009 18:09:01 »

I played it today, lol, usual VCTF became crazy! First minutes it's going good, then people start haveing enough point to become titan. lol i ownd with it. I became even behemoth xDD

This is funny mode and requires skill to reach the titan level, not to be titan...I think it unambiguously doesn't appropriate for VCTF.
Heggi
Doublekill Member

« Reply #43 on: Mon 09.03.2009 00:07:22 »

Imo the Titan Pack would be much better when they brought old gametypes back, like Double Domination, Assault and Bombing Run and not so fuck mutators and gametypes like Titan and Greed etc.....

Actually Greed IS an old gametype for UT2003 and UT2004 i posted the download link in our forum. i tried out the ut2003 version a long time ago but it didnt have many players as far as i know i remember. but why would they remake an impopular gamemode?
And why would they make the UI black... when it was read i kinda thought it was ment to look like blood stains but now i dont know what that black shit is suppose to look like.
Titan mutator was nice but it was not really what i was hoping for. Most of the stuff that i wanted wasnt fixed/added in this patch but a few things became worse.
For me this new patch makes me want to play something else...

i love mutators much more than the standard game. with mutators i can config the game i want it to be which is very good. if it wasnt for mutators i would probably stopped playing unreal a long time ago.

what about the new feature in the server browser:
the coloumn called players may say +6/12 and when you look what player that play on the server it doesnt say any name. so what does the player column say? i heared someone in the official ut3 forum say it's as usefull as an ashtray on a motorcycle or something like that. have u figured out what those numbers stand for and do they have anything to do with the numbers of players playing on the server?
« Last Edit: Mon 09.03.2009 00:12:41 by Heggi »

darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #44 on: Mon 09.03.2009 00:23:25 »

I've played today and we win in sus-necris as red, but it feels laggy and the stats cant displayed reliable. Amd Titan sucks anyway. Should we wait for 2.1, 2.2 or what? The gamemodes are okay - if u dunnot like it, leave it. But they changed the game in a weird way. We'll see...  Crazysmile1

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #45 on: Mon 09.03.2009 10:24:01 »

I actually played Stranded map and i think it's not that bad...it's like Islander - most of ppl shout that this map is unbalanced, but in face they just have to use their brain to bring the orb to enemy node and so on...same here - map is unbalanced, yes, but when yesterday i played a lot this map, every time another team took a victory. I think this map is good one.
Heggi
Doublekill Member

« Reply #46 on: Mon 09.03.2009 20:36:56 »

I agree with you Sova!
Stranded might be unbalanced but i think it's the best vctf map in the titan pack.
I havent tried suspense necris yet so i cant say for sure but judging by the name i suppose it's crap.
rails is not too bad but there are too many vehicles. it's almost like a mini suspense with 2 small bridges instead of 1 big bridge. I guess its an ok map but i didnt fall in love with the map.
Stranded on the other hand have some new vehicles. it's looking nice. It's not too vehicle crouded and the map is not too big. Should be a fun map if the server is not too big.

K_G_
Godlike Member

There cannot be light, without darkness!!!

« Reply #47 on: Tue 10.03.2009 11:18:52 »

Titan is the biggest shit ever.
They only should've fixed the bugs we asked 2 fix.
And make more maps and insert greed and betrayal. but not the Titan man.

Now i dont want 2 play vctf cause of the shit Titan. always ppl camping on spawn with a titan or shit like that. really stupid. ut3 is not so cool anymore like it used to be =(

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #48 on: Tue 10.03.2009 11:37:53 »

I agree, VCTF is not VCTF anymore with those titans. People instead of trying to take the flag camp somewhere in order to get enough frags to become titan, i did it myself  :D  Was camping with hellbender, then became titan and was camping with him until i got behemoth  Grin
« Last Edit: Tue 10.03.2009 23:14:24 by aka_sova »
Heggi
Doublekill Member

« Reply #49 on: Tue 10.03.2009 13:56:23 »

U dont have to play with titans if u dont like them... most servers in ut3 has no mutators and all and barely any server have some really fun mutators.

Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #50 on: Tue 10.03.2009 16:06:46 »

Why do you create new topic for this? There is topic for new titan pack and patch...
The other topic was just a preview.
Since patch 2.0 and the Titan Pack have officially been released, it was better to create this thread.
Believe me Wink

Greets

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #51 on: Tue 10.03.2009 17:51:05 »

wrong heggi. if i look into the ´servers list i just see full servers with titan mutator... 2 of 30 servers are without titan mode.... and these 2 are empty ( i mean playable servers with a ping under 150 )
« Last Edit: Tue 10.03.2009 17:55:37 by Splitter »

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #52 on: Tue 10.03.2009 18:23:26 »

wrong heggi. if i look into the ´servers list i just see full servers with titan mutator... 2 of 30 servers are without titan mode.... and these 2 are empty ( i mean playable servers with a ping under 150 )

Than I think, I'll play Betrayal and feel betrayed...

Mordsspass
Dark Clan Leader

« Reply #53 on: Fri 13.03.2009 20:48:10 »

I installed the patch and titan pack, but I have a few bugs: when I am trying to change the graphic settings, I cannot see the different options of what to switch on and off for graphics, I mean I can switch it on and off, but I don't see what I am switching on and off -.- does anyone know a solution for this problem?
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #54 on: Fri 13.03.2009 22:11:42 »

I installed the patch and titan pack, but I have a few bugs: when I am trying to change the graphic settings, I cannot see the different options of what to switch on and off for graphics, I mean I can switch it on and off, but I don't see what I am switching on and off -.- does anyone know a solution for this problem?
I have same problem, here is a solution: you turn on/off different settings in game and watch the result. If you like it - you leave it as it is. That's how i defined mine :(

If you find more effective solution tell me please.
Heggi
Doublekill Member

« Reply #55 on: Sat 14.03.2009 13:12:42 »

The more i play the more i dislike the changes in the last patch.
Yesterday i found out that Epic implemented a sound bug in sandstorm too.

I know other have had sound problems a long time and u would expect them to fix it but i have never had any problem with sandstorm until this patch.
Now my game is muted for 10 seconds every other minute and when the sound problem occurs my framerate drops to half of the usual frames and i get heavy lags.

...but hey at least they fixed the game so everybody have to stare at that ugly storm, yay.

Next time i'll be more careful before buying epic games.
« Last Edit: Sat 14.03.2009 13:13:28 by Heggi »

darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #56 on: Sat 14.03.2009 13:56:42 »

Hellya, UT3 needs to going open source. If pplz would code the game who are devoted playerz, we wouldn't have to complain.

I feel a change cuz I can frag more, score more. Either I raise up my skills, or they take down the speed in the game. And it feels a bit laggy all the time, but its apparently subjective meaning.

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #57 on: Sat 14.03.2009 14:34:17 »

I haven't faced any sound problems till now...hope i don't get 'em in the future...

And i start hating this titans mode...cmon, this thing is for noobs! I was pwning enemies with tank and no one could destroy me until some angry n00b used his Titan opportunity and killed my tank with 3 rockets, although i shot him directly 2 times, that's repugnant, eww! And that's not the first time. It's just a chance for loosing team don't look that n00by =\

With my encoding problem the word "Assassin" after i kill some titan appears as "Zabojka" :D It's kidna polish, but sounds cool XD
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: