Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do u want to improve in your gameplay??  (Read 18703 times)
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #20 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:06:27 »

Come to think of it link gun is even more useless than the Stinger. The primary fire is really worthless, if the secondary fire was more like a lightning gun from Quake it could be powerful. But brcause of the short range it usually ends it with someone firing a rocket right under my feet :(

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #21 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:14:08 »

Come to think of it link gun is even more useless than the Stinger.

link gun is not useless. it takes permanent health or gives health (if you heal) and its perfect to confuse your enemy and to finish the fight if you hit him 2 times with shock beam... then take the link shaft and take the last 10 hp in less than a second

edit: no ut3 weapon is useless.. one is just easier to handle than the other.
« Last Edit: Mon 13.04.2009 18:15:30 by Splitter »

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #22 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:19:50 »

Healing of course that is kinda obvious so I didn't mention it.
Sometimes it's good to clear long narrow corridors and yes it can be used as a finisher. But these are specific situations that don't happen that often

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #23 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:22:41 »

specific situations that don't happen that often

i dont think that way sorry. i dont want to know how the gameplay would be if there is one weapon missing. and no! why are these specific situations? if you are not in a vehicle you have this situation all the time... sorry in that point i really disagree

edit: i think i never had a game without linkgun, maybe the first fire is slow and not so usefull but the alternate link shaft is such an important part in ut3 like every other weapon.
« Last Edit: Mon 13.04.2009 18:27:33 by Splitter »

I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #24 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:29:05 »

Link Gun primary fire can be very useful!
You can keep your enemies away if you shoot in the right moment.
Example: Bridge on Necropolis.
I killed plenty of Snipers only with Link Gun.
Sure I also got killed sometimes, but I definitely killed more than I got killed.

Also:
If you shoot an enemy with the Shock Beam, he will find you quickly and you will not damage him that much.
If you make the same with the Link Gun, you will damage him more.
It takes more time until the Link Gun plasma bullets (sorry if the name is stupid) hit them, but once they hit him, he will constantly lose health.
Just think about Kargo.
It's often too late when enemies massively shoot the tank with Link Gun primary fire.

Sometimes I have the feeling:
The more you are far away from an enemy, the more the Link Gun could be deadly.
Plenty of plasma bullets are coming, not everyone's dream^^

And as Splitter said:
No weapon is useless in UT3 Wink

Greets

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #25 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:32:44 »

i dont think that way sorry. i dont want to know how the gameplay would be if there is one weapon missing. and no! why are these specific situations? if you are not in a vehicle you have this situation all the time... sorry in that point i really disagree

I'm not arguing with you  Wink everyone has it's own style. The game would be terribly boring if everyone would be the same. I just have the feeling that all problems could be solved with rox/shox/flak/sniper. Of course the weapon preferences vary from person to person and we could argue over and over what is the "right" weapon to use at any given situation.

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #26 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:33:22 »

and dont forget: as long as you link some1 with shaft he cant dodge. that means he cant make dodge and hammer jumps and he is easier to hit when he is just walking.

disabling dodges is for example important if you want to stop a dodge jump of a enemy when he tries to jump to redeemer in sandstorm.

and yes night on necro link 'plasma' is usefull on bridge... like on every other small way, eg in kargo, but its noob :p

edit lol who is argueing here i just give you facts :D
« Last Edit: Mon 13.04.2009 18:36:05 by Splitter »

clapping.gif
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #27 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:46:51 »

edit lol who is argueing here i just give you facts :D

Wink  cheesy maybe it's time for a new thread/poll "what's your fave weapon"

Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #28 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:49:04 »

do skilled players have fav. weapons?

i dont.

i use all :)

clapping.gif
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #29 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:58:07 »

do skilled players have fav. weapons?

i dont.

i use all :)

aaaaaaaaaww c'mon Spitter, you gotta have a favourite one :) I do.
And I also think that you can guess which one is my fave :D

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #30 on: Mon 13.04.2009 18:59:36 »

Bio?

Mine are the flak and the rocketlauncher and the impact hammer and the sniper^^

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #31 on: Mon 13.04.2009 19:08:51 »

aaaaaaaaaww c'mon Spitter, you gotta have a favourite one :) I do.
And I also think that you can guess which one is my fave :D

is yours shock?

no really i dont have a fav. weapon since i play bta. i just use sometimes one weapon more than the other but i have no weapon that i would call my favourite one
« Last Edit: Mon 13.04.2009 19:10:36 by Splitter »

clapping.gif
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #32 on: Tue 14.04.2009 00:53:32 »

each weapon is compatible with some situation, and there can't be one favorite weapon. You can't shoot smb who is 100 meters from you with rockets or flak, you have to use sniper rifle or shock rifle, but they are useless in very close struggle, and etc.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #33 on: Tue 14.04.2009 10:46:14 »

I think 4 SpIitter are weapons only things to kill other playerz. Therefor isn't important, which one kills them.  laughanim2.gif

I guess, I use the Link 4 the most frags in ratio 2 all kills and I would say its very good to spam a small or wide area 4 holding down enemies. If u was hit by a shock or see a shock beam u'll jump around and its not so easy to hit again. If u was hit by a plasma bullet, the next hit u in short time. I move the link gun in small circles to cover up my target area. Even if I couldn't aim, I'll hit the guy again and again.  Crazysmile1

btw: thx 4 information, that secondary refuse HJ and dodging, SpIitter! wink2.gif

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #34 on: Tue 14.04.2009 16:39:26 »

I think 4 SpIitter are weapons only things to kill other playerz. Therefor isn't important, which one kills them. 

true foxxxie, you got it

btw: thx 4 information, that secondary refuse HJ and dodging, SpIitter! wink2.gif

No prob.

clapping.gif
sikeferenc
Godlike Member

« Reply #35 on: Wed 15.04.2009 13:06:23 »

My weak point is the sniper rifle. I increased my mouse's sens. to get easier aim with rocket launcher and flak cannon, but it is hard to aim with sniper rifle with sens. rate 1800. I've problems with shock combo's too: my combo's miss the target sometimes because of its exploding before or behind the target. My another problem: timings! I always forget to watch the clock and get the super pick ups like shield / redeemer, but its my own problem, my brain is full of holes and my life is timeless.  xxxlaugh.gif

darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #36 on: Wed 15.04.2009 21:18:28 »

4 this things u can use a mouse with on the fly change of sensitivity. Only press the special button - low sense to aim with sniper or shock, once again and - tadaa, high sens.

Or u ask SpIitter, how he do it.  xxxras.gif

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #37 on: Wed 15.04.2009 23:48:47 »

The lower the sens. the better. Might not work for every1 but it works for me Tongue

Wojci
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #38 on: Wed 15.04.2009 23:50:04 »

mmhhh i play with very high sense!!!
2200 in UT and maximum mouse driver and settings by 1000dpi
sikeferenc
Godlike Member

« Reply #39 on: Thu 16.04.2009 08:58:01 »

4 this things u can use a mouse with on the fly change of sensitivity. Only press the special button - low sense to aim with sniper or shock, once again and - tadaa, high sens.

Or u ask SpIitter, how he do it.  xxxras.gif

Hey Splitter how can i set this thing?  Help

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print

Jump to: