Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do u want to improve in your gameplay??  (Read 18706 times)
Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #80 on: Thu 30.04.2009 21:35:14 »

nah its not...

i need a few millimetres to turn 180° after 2 centimetres i already turned around myself (360°)

edit: im moving in a space of maybe 6x6 centimetres (or less i guess) on my desk
« Last Edit: Sun 10.05.2009 19:18:08 by Splitter »

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #81 on: Thu 30.04.2009 23:15:19 »

I was playing with 2500, but today i changed it to 2800, more comfy...
Wojci
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #82 on: Fri 01.05.2009 22:33:21 »

hey "PAPA" u are not alone i think i also have to move 2cm to turn around!!!
but thats my way to play UT3  :)
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #83 on: Sat 02.05.2009 15:47:35 »

6x6cm - SpIitter is a rly modest guy! If u ask 4 his mouse habitat.  Grin

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
Chrisaw2008
Multikill Member

« Reply #84 on: Sun 17.05.2009 13:29:52 »

i think people who cap flags need high sensivity to turn around quick when you do impact hammer jumps etc...

the most challenging thing in ut3 for me is indeed trying to hit moving combo's.. specially when the enemy is flying at you with a flak cannon or rocket launcher :D.. i can hit moving combos sometimes but still miss alot after all this time :(

if im attacking i like rl and flak for quick instant kills in small areas :D... if im defending ill probably use shock rifle but in tight spaces it sucks against flak :(

and the stinger is nooby :D
Thigor
banned

« Reply #85 on: Sun 24.05.2009 00:48:25 »

I want to be able to jump straight over the gap in rails, over river

Can not do it lol always fall short  xxxras.gif

I play 2300 sens in UT3

I have default Dell mouse  embarrassed
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #86 on: Wed 27.05.2009 14:58:57 »

I think the only way to cross it is to take speed and do a trick jump on your hoverboard. At least that's the only way I do it.

I'd like to learn to play low sens. But since I'm a flag runner I normally use high sens to turn fast. (12,5cm/360) I tested low sens yesterday with results I pretty much expected. My accuracy in long/med distances increased and I could pull of shock combos much more easily. On the other hand I got creamed in close combat since I hadn't gotten used to moving and turning fast with low sens.

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #87 on: Wed 27.05.2009 17:20:54 »

I thought about one cool thing...may be there is a sense to make a program, which increases your sensitivity if you move your mouse fast...if you snipe your sensitivity will stay the same, but if u want to do a wall jump and turn around quickly, or shoot 3 rockets at enemy, that is behind and u have no time (cuz rockets shoot automatically) that may really help! I think it has to be tested...program should be pretty simple.
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #88 on: Wed 27.05.2009 17:32:05 »

Doesn't mouse acceleration do that? In any case changing sens mid game doesn't work very well for me at least. I do have a keybind for sniper that sets it to lower sens and 80 fov which gives better aim, but it's a bit difficult to adjust to the sensitivity change.

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #89 on: Thu 28.05.2009 16:01:05 »

Most gaming mouses have a programmable button to switch the dpi very fast. But most of us has gave this button to another actions...  xxxras.gif

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #90 on: Mon 08.06.2009 12:38:54 »

I have to improve my 10n1 skills. I had some duels against Tomae yesterday and I lost 38:9, 24:6 etc.

His aiming is amazing! I had some ping problems for 2 duels but nevermind :D.

He said pretty good for a vctf player but the results speak for themself^^

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #91 on: Mon 08.06.2009 12:52:15 »

I have to improve my 10n1 skills. I had some duels against Tomae yesterday and I lost 38:9, 24:6 etc.

His aiming is amazing! I had some ping problems for 2 duels but nevermind :D.

He said pretty good for a vctf player but the results speak for themself^^

Learn the map (try walking through it backwards Wink ), watch the clock and time the important powerups, predict the movement of your foe on the map, don't give up too soon, you can turn-over a match in less than 1 minute and you'll do just fine

Anyone can learn these things, you just need to stay focused - don't ever lose track of what's going on.

I've played with you and I know that when you'll follow these basic rules, you'll be much tougher to beat. :)

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #92 on: Mon 08.06.2009 12:58:47 »

xxxlaugh.gif Thx for the tips  msn012.gif

The problem is I dont know when all the stuff spawns. Shield Belt 55 seconds, Armour 22,5? Or something like that.

A tip for you m4rt1ni: Everytime when you kill some1 you can foresee where he spawns again. The system spawns him at the other end of the map (mostly, 80% said tomae xD).

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #93 on: Mon 08.06.2009 15:47:21 »

Hey Bloody, not bad to play against freaky tomae and reach 4:1 kdr! Me wouldn't help any map rule to come through such a match. Grin

Chrisaw2008
Multikill Member

« Reply #94 on: Tue 09.06.2009 08:28:31 »

I take it that tomae is good at duels then :D

I never play duels :(... I have tried to play TDM and DM but i like vCTF to much
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #95 on: Mon 20.07.2009 20:29:11 »

With a short key to the sniper I'm using that gun more often.
My goal is to get more used to the art of sniping: to hit only if the enemy is on the crosshair and get a feeling for the reload delays. Rolf is my idol:

Sniper smiley.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
CoshVSR
Doublekill Member

« Reply #96 on: Tue 21.07.2009 09:48:40 »

Such a nice topic here)))
1. About improvements. I would like to learn a bit more about how to denie selfdestruction of scorps in bender. I just don't understand the right moment to splash combos for the destruction to be cancelled. Sometimes 4-5 combos is enough, but sometimes i can't understand HOW the hell the scorp dare to hit me...
2. About sens. First of all - i switched off ANY acceleration (in UT3 configs, ini files and Windows registry). Then i should say, that my sens is low)))
On mouse 2500dpi, but in game i play about a year with 340. Yes, it takes much longer to turn around, but the aiming is much better i think. I like to use shock core and stinger/link combination. I dislike flak and roket spam, cause it's full random.
And i hate those f**ing bioplayers, who just can't kill me with anything but his goo!!!
3. Patch 2.1 sux completely, cause my ping for any server, located in germany is now about 100 (On 10Mbit cable). With 1.3 it was about 75-80.

P.S. i'd love to play duel with anyone) love deck-fps and subterrane, hate pene and gritt.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: Tue 21.07.2009 11:59:47 »

To deny scorpion selfdestucts is also an issue for me. The problem is, that only 1-2 skymines hit the scorpion, no matter how many you shoot. Its because the scorp drives at high speed towards you and the chain of explosions goes the opposite direction. If the scorpion was not damaged, there may be a little health left, and you get to feel the immense radius of the mass distruction.
Maybe it could be of advantage to shoot 2 single skymines and nuke them right near the scorpion, but there is a little delay when you do that. ...and you're out again. =(

Btw, it doesn't matter if you change the mouse acceleration /speed in the windows settings, its all just about your mouse drivers' dpi and the UT3 settings.
...I'm too lazy for all the required mouse movements at low dpi, my arm likes relaxed gaming.  Grin

Mess with the best, die like the rest
CoshVSR
Doublekill Member

« Reply #98 on: Tue 21.07.2009 12:33:12 »

Hmmm, if you don't know, it's only up to you in with direction to explose the spheres, from front to behind or from behind to front. Try this on Kargo :) Or may be i'll show you, if you'll take me in)
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #99 on: Tue 21.07.2009 14:51:13 »

I know an easy trick to deny scorpion selfdestruct. Just take the link gun and link the incoming scorpion then it will be a friendly scorp and nothing happens.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print

Jump to: