Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Netcode issues  (Read 3944 times)
darkredfox
Dark Clan Member

GRRRRR!

« Reply #20 on: Mon 27.04.2009 17:35:32 »

I would suppose, that all gamers found a new cosmic megacitystructure with only one central mainframe who make feel the game clientside on it. High orbit (on a Lagrange point p.e.), sphaerical (shortest com links) and independent (against censorship). But if u'll get banned, u would be eject in the cold vacuum out ur habitation unit.  Crazysmile1

Any volunteers?  red fox

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl FHTAGN.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: Mon 27.04.2009 17:53:59 »

If everything would be client side...
At least there wouldn't be the thing with "Where could my enemy be after x ms?"

This problem will always stay the same, no matter where you get your data packets from. If there are lags etc you never will see the enemies where they are for real like on their own screens.

The question is only how the server handles those differences. Eg, if a client tells the server: "Buhya! Headshot!", the server could just accept this information and count the kill, OR, as we all know how it works in UT3, the server checks, calculates and says: "I'm so sorry: You should have fired 1/10 second earlyer. This was no hit - no way!".

If it was possible fot the servers to check and correct only in more severe cases, i.e. to stay more in the background, it would be great.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Nightmare85
Godlike Member

will not come back!

« Reply #22 on: Thu 14.05.2009 21:00:24 »

Sorry for the late reply but I think I now know why jump pads work online differently compared to offline.

Offline:
You just walk over a jump pad and jump.
If you want to make a double jump (for example with jump pads) it works the same way.

Online:
You have to jump on a jump pad to be able to make the 2nd jump while being in air.
Why?
The jump pad jump is server sided and your 2nd jump is client sided.
I think that's the reason why it never will work if you just walk over a jump pad.
So you  jump (client sided) on a jump pad to make the 2nd (client sided) jump after some seconds.

Greets

I left this forum because of Mordsspass' senseless closings and deletings.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print

Jump to: