Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: _Dark_ Server  (Read 3717 times)
Gabry
Multikill Member

« on: Tue 16.06.2009 21:28:04 »

ehm, i have a problem with dark server... i seen it have utcomp now, but dont know how start smiley464.png
also when all players are ready it not start  msn006.gif
« Last Edit: Mon 20.07.2009 16:23:25 by Splitter »

Smile, tomorrow will be worse..
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Tue 16.06.2009 23:34:03 »

No need to be ready at all, it starts the match automatically. We played today on it.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Wed 17.06.2009 00:37:13 »

Press f5 on servers with utcomp to see the utcomp options, like 'ready' or changing maps.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Gabry
Multikill Member

« Reply #3 on: Wed 17.06.2009 09:03:00 »

vegas sei ita no? kmq, ma qnt ci vuole prima che inizi ? msn002.gif ceravamo un bel po aspettando ke iniziasse e poi se andavi a vedere premendo f1 nn c'era nessun 'ready' ma tt 'not ready' mentre tt lo avevano premuto il pulsante ready  smileyyxy.gif
bo sarò io che nn lo so usare...

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Wed 17.06.2009 09:44:58 »

omfg
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Wed 17.06.2009 11:16:03 »

xxxw00t.gif wow, even google translate didn't help much

Gabry
Multikill Member

« Reply #6 on: Wed 17.06.2009 11:29:17 »

xxxw00t.gif wow, even google translate didn't help much
lol sry for my italian tongue

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Wed 17.06.2009 12:21:27 »

Un po' di italo slang, heh? Xchè questo foro è Inglese... unica eccezzione msn001.gif
UTcomp ha un menu se premi f5 e li puoi selezionare 'ready' per iniziare e per saltare il warm-up di 1.5minuti se c'è uno.
Se sei in duello però, devi aspettare finchè un altro giocatore ti segue, xchè non ci sono i bots sul server. Eri in vctf o duello?

Engish: UTcomp has an advanced menu if you press f5, where you can set the 'ready' status and skip the warm up time if there is one. If you are in the duel game mode you need to wait for a second player tough, since bots are deactivated on the server.

Gabry
Multikill Member

« Reply #8 on: Wed 17.06.2009 12:45:05 »

ah ok :) was vctf in arena of death but with all players ready and after long times it never start..(va bè dopo ci riprovo  Grin ciao)

Thigor
banned

« Reply #9 on: Tue 30.06.2009 21:54:56 »

Can you reset the server?

Its stuck on warm up round again and theres no way to start it
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Tue 30.06.2009 22:02:58 »

Dark server?
There were some mutators on it again- try again now.

Multiplay thinks to have to restart and re-load all sort of DM and duel mutators from time to time.
I'd like to change host, if multiplay wasn't the cheapest piece among the providers.
No admin competence there, and they grant no acess to their customers too. Only the players are good off with the pings.

Thigor
banned

« Reply #11 on: Wed 01.07.2009 02:51:16 »

yea the pings are great, dont change!  msn012.gif
Fijut
Doublekill Member

« Reply #12 on: Sun 19.07.2009 15:41:10 »

not sure what you mean by no access, i can see all the server inis and settings with my servers from multiplay, pings are fine...

not a fan of utcomp myself though.

there's a channel on quakenet called #mpukhosting where you can get help with stuff...
« Last Edit: Sun 19.07.2009 15:41:46 by Fijut »
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Sun 19.07.2009 17:12:48 »

time to download mIRC vegas :p
Chatzilla ^^

not sure what you mean by no access,...
You have access to the UTGame.ini, yes, but that one doesn't need to be modifyed. There is access to the irrelevant BTA.ini for example, not the one you need to configure the settings for Battle Team Arena.
Moreover you can't configure the webadmin, it will reset to the default settings any time the server gets re(s)tardet by Multiplay.

...thats solid facts about multiplay, you don't rent a gaming server, you only get a limited control panel.

Fijut
Doublekill Member

« Reply #14 on: Sun 19.07.2009 17:45:49 »

you don't change your settings in webadmin, you change all the settings in clanforge under settings, like score limits and stuff.

If you uploaded BTA right you should have access to it's INI, like any other mutators or mods that have inis, for example ServerAds and utcomp.

You need to visit the help room in irc... [#mpukhosting]

Clanforge is where all the default settings are stored, you set them there and anything you change in webadmin will go back to what you set in clanforge when you restart the server.

Profiles-Settings etc...
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Sun 19.07.2009 18:33:43 »

omg, but I WANT to change the webadmin settings, eg adding ?commands to the server start url.
And the BTA.ini ISN'T stored in the regular mutators folder, so no access here.

Life is hard without no FTP access, I know.  Roll Eyes

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: Sun 19.07.2009 18:42:50 »

If you uploaded BTA right...
Thats the next point! YOU CAN'T! msn012.gif
You don't even can upload mods and maps, you always have to upload files that are intendet to be installed by multiplay admins. If you are lucky, the maps will be installed... but they simply are to lazy to add maps from download links (what is strictly offered there!), and your upload is limited to 50 mb. Community Bonus pack maps are not uploadable this way, and they are not available as preinstalled maps. Contacting multiplay leads to no success.

10 x fail regarding changes to do the server! Leave it as it is or leave by yourself, thats their motto.

Fijut
Doublekill Member

« Reply #17 on: Mon 20.07.2009 01:11:21 »

they add maps and mods within a day or two if you give them a link... sometimes they've taken longer but meh.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: Mon 20.07.2009 11:41:10 »

Come on, Fijut, youre infected by the multiplaymania. beurk
I sent 2 mails regarding the CBP3 pack, nothing happened.
I requested the bare vCTF maps of that pack and nothing again.
The maps are more than 50mb of filesize, so I can't upload the files... and those guys...
Just please don't rub salt into our server-provider-wound, its sad enough as it is.

Fijut
Doublekill Member

« Reply #19 on: Mon 20.07.2009 14:24:44 »

clanforge - files - put link in the url, for example before filefront became shit i put a link to the download page.

Comment like "download and install please"  and obviously fill in the game and mod thing.

Works for everyone else.

They did every map i ever sent them, have no idea what the file size is. Quite a few of the vctf maps on there were sent by me.

I'm not infected with whatever you say, it's just obvious you haven't been to the support room i suggested, which would solve all your problems better than i could. If you don't try that, it's almost like you don't want your problem solved.

Anyway i'm not multiplay tech support, get on #mpukhosting
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print

Jump to: