Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fick server remote restart shell needed  (Read 5146 times)
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

Teamplay Ressurection Gang

« on: Sun 21.06.2009 17:12:57 »

Hi Darkies,

we from the Fick clan could need some help with our server. We run it on linux and its still kind of unstable. And that leads me to my question,
Have you got sort of shell script to remotely restart your server when its crashed? So the script checks like about every half hour if the server is still online & if not restarts it?
Happy for any help/ideas,

thx already & see you in game soon

DeineLtan

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Sun 21.06.2009 18:23:01 »

Hi Eltan!

There is a way: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=148773

Greets  wink2.gif

Mess with the best, die like the rest
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #2 on: Mon 22.06.2009 01:08:42 »

Danke Vegas. Werds mal weiterleiten an SirQ (unseren Server Manager).
Klingt gut. Bis bald mal.

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #3 on: Mon 22.06.2009 08:42:02 »

Vegas, may be you make everyone read forum rules before registration? Why can't you tell us same in english, DeineLtan?
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Mon 22.06.2009 12:22:03 »

Sova is right, we are an internationally composed clan and must keep the language English therefore.
Read the Forum Rules.

GL with the server, Eltan!

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #5 on: Mon 22.06.2009 18:22:31 »

Sorry homies, I just thanked Vegas for help, cause he's the only one answered and I know he's German I kept it on German. Bt I will, if thats the unbreakable rule here.^^ Wasnt anything which couldnt be said in English.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Mon 22.06.2009 18:37:07 »

Sorry homies, I just thanked Vegas for help, cause he's the only one answered and I know he's German I kept it on German. Bt I will, if thats the unbreakable rule here.^^ Wasnt anything which couldnt be said in English.

If I could I have helped you too! But Vega/Skill owns me in technicual questions^^

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #7 on: Mon 22.06.2009 18:44:42 »

I saw this topic 2 minutes after you created it and didn't answer cuz i had nothing to. >.<  Don't think, that we don't check new topics created on forum.
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #8 on: Fri 26.06.2009 16:31:03 »

Hey no problem guys, VegasKill sent me a cool script which we gonna convert and import in our server start script. I'm gonna post everything from now on in English. thx for the help & may the relation between Fick & Dark continue as good as it started. We also would like to fight a friendly war against you guys one day (without Splitter ofc, I distrust this guy) but at the moment I have to work hard for college. Maybe I even have to give up my role as clan leader for a while, but you know our other members Heronimus_Prime, Nlnj4, roo0kie (right, Wojci ;-) ) & so on. You can talk to anyone of them, we're just some friends, not that ambitious clan like you guys. So, thx again for the attention & see you soon.

DeineLtan (=YourParents, for the English speaking guys^^)

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #9 on: Fri 26.06.2009 16:44:13 »

Ah yeah, what I forgot;

(maybe the wrong thread but I just post it here because I dont wanna spam your forum with not important questions)

Fuuucking nice videos you made of some fights. How did you cut them and which programe did you use to have these crazy action cam takes with time freezes & stuff, awesome. Can this be done just with the demo, a recording programe like XFire & cut by moviemaker? Looks awesome, would like to take such videos from our fights aswell. Help would be appreciated, but can understand when you wanna keep your style secret. Greets,

DeineLtan

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #10 on: Fri 26.06.2009 17:16:50 »

Make clips with Rypel Cam, you can watch awesome video tutorial by own super-master VegasKill:

And about clanwar - you have no right to disable someone from another clan to participate just because you dislike him. You know he's not cheater or glitcher and the reason is your own opinion about him, but man, that's kinda crazy, we dislike some players also, but play with them, no choice  Crazysmile1
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Fri 26.06.2009 17:18:12 »

Software used for _Dark_ videos:
Demos can be replayed with Rcam (pause game, flights trough maps and much more)
Recording tools: Bloody uses GameCam to record games, Sova and me use Fraps.
Video editing: what you prefer (movie maker, virtualdub, sony vegas etc)

Greets

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #12 on: Tue 30.06.2009 09:25:34 »

Hey Darkies, thx for the tips with the movie capturing, we will try! :-)

The starting shell script for our server will take some longer, because SirQ has got few time & we must understand the whole fucking codes to use it for our server. And we are working on ten other things like the mutators Ninj4 is creating (best one ever: The FickTeamSwap, automatically balances teams, randomizes after match & sorts all Fick members into one team, perfect for public training), I'm creating our player tags in the unique & stylish Fick font you might know from my Avatar here, Prime's heavily working on our first map with the Fick Head Quarter, so this will take a whole while.

And referring to the clan match, of course we can disable one player of a clan in a friendly clan match. On clan base, a ladder match would be different, in a friendly clan match you can set our own rules. Its up to you if yu accept or not. And its not a personal dislike which makes me wanna ban Splitter from the match, its seriously because I dont believe he isnt cheating. He lands lethal first shot hits in mouvements which cant be expected, with a sniper, he never doesnt know in which direction to look at and simply check out this guys stats (http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/index.php?page=player&plid=181957373&stat_type=pure&game_name=ut3pc) kill/death ratio of 5.30! LOL, believe me, aint nothing to do with sympathy. Even if it would be possible, he would be far away from our level & no help in a trainings match as ennemy.

However, nice site, thx for helps & see ya around

DeineLtan

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #13 on: Tue 30.06.2009 09:52:32 »

P.S.:

Is it possible that you cant change your picture anymore, once chosen one? I have edited my avatar with clan tag & name tag but cannot change it in my profile anymore. I thought, maybe you did that to prevent ppl of changing their picture all the time, but I cant even change it once. Tell me how to upload the improved version of mine, would be the last changing. :-)

cheers

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Tue 30.06.2009 12:11:36 »

Atm there is going on the organization with the mixer, for those who are signed up there. So the friendly match will take place when thats over, I guess.
I'm 'a bit' busy these times and can't afford to play lots. (I'm just happy that I don't have nothing to do with the mixer... Roll Eyes

I can understand that you fear Splitter ^^, but than we'd haveto wait til we've got enough members willing to play.

About the avatar: send me a link or go to your profile>Forum Profile Information>I have my own pic/Specify your own avatar by URL

Thigor
banned

« Reply #15 on: Tue 30.06.2009 16:35:40 »

talk about overreacting lol, those stats are mainly because its a new character

Any decent player could go make an alt account and get a high K/D these days

Match between fick and _dark_ friendly war would be fun, make a nice movie or allow spectators :D
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #16 on: Tue 30.06.2009 17:42:40 »

No, doesnt work in the Profile settings with the pictures, strange, it might even show it but you cant change to the new avater. The page is https://eyno1g.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p5ltmTz1ng_qcPjXW534e1xqxozFU0b0dXlldk5S2KDnwfOYywu7rW4U9IEBQLf6OBp7WPiXw4u7DawEammUY6CyM4eFz-TQ9/Theo%20Kopie.jpg.
Maybe you can change it as admin of the forum, Veas, or we just keep this one.

And we dont wanna have a clan match instantly, I got also big trouble at college, so this can take some time. But then with roo0kie, crooka, Horpach (aka AwfulUnderwear), vitus, Heronimus_Prime, Ninj4 & me, and you'll get punished. And no Fick is afraid of Splitter, we just distrust him. Ficks never run away on public servers when their team is losing, afraid to lose some stats ;-). And thigor, show me your 5.5 kill/death ratio, pretty interested, you're a fucking good player, but cant mess with Splitter either. I am surely worse than you, but get still some moments of dominating you, like all the other Darks aswell, but try this with Splitter, hm, strange. Anyway, lets just forget that Splitter discussion and recognize the upcoming Fick Force.

cheers out, DeineLtan

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #17 on: Tue 30.06.2009 17:52:24 »

Match between fick and _dark_ friendly war would be fun, make a nice movie or allow spectators :D

Movie would be more fair and easier. Maybe just a demorec...^^

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
testmember

« Reply #18 on: Tue 30.06.2009 21:50:12 »

test to change avatar with permissions of the general users member group.

Edit: it worked. Just upload your pic to www.tinypic.com and enter the link in to the 'I have my own pic' field. Or send me the avatar and I'll update it, greets
VegasKill
« Last Edit: Tue 30.06.2009 21:52:30 by testmember »
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #19 on: Wed 01.07.2009 18:26:51 »

lol, yeah, its the new one now. thx Vegas, that should do for an instance. Why are you the only one with a picture? The others feel ashamed to show their faces, lol. No, do whatever you want, I'm just proud of the new Fick tag, cya homies.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: