Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monkey Island 5 - 'Tales of Monkey Island - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal'  (Read 1215 times)
VegasKill
Administrator

« on: Sat 18.07.2009 12:59:07 »

As a big fan of the lucas art's monkey island (esp 1&2 on commodore, with 7 floppies  Grin) I was looking forward to part 5 of the series, 'Tales of Monkey Island - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal'!

The game is about to be released over the summer time in form of chapters, 5 in total to complete the game. Kinda gay system, thats because of the new developer: Telltale Games, producer of Sam&Max, a capter structure is usual for their games. =(

I don't know what I have to expect from the new MI, its completely designed in 3D but with very lousy character models. I'd prefer nice 2D landscapes, scanned paintings like in part 1&2, its an adventure after all.

The difficulty level had to be alleviated to make it playable for kiddies, thats the next point that makes me worry about the fun to play the new MI. Dialogues are more linear than in the predecessors.

The story begins like back in the old days ^^, governor Elaine gets kidnaped by the archenemy LeChuck. You, the wannabe-pirate Guybrush Threepwood gets cursed and happen to end up in a desert island.

Some pics, they don't really give the good ol' Monkey Island feeling =(

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Sat 18.07.2009 13:26:33 »

I heard so many good stuff about this game. Never played it dunno if its true.

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Sat 18.07.2009 13:46:41 »

I saw this disk on your shelf in your room.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Sat 18.07.2009 16:06:04 »

I saw this disk on your shelf in your room.
Yep, its the special edition of the first 3 parts for the pc. ^^

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Sat 25.07.2009 11:57:19 »

After seeing this trailer of MI5 I'd better go for the remake of 1990 MI 1.

Remake of 1990, its an awesome game:

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Sat 25.07.2009 12:47:10 »

Harr, Harr, Harr!  xxxlaugh.gif
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #6 on: Sun 26.07.2009 09:26:44 »

Aaaaaaw Monkey Island, all those lovable characters and genius dialogues. The swordfighting drove me nuts but it was fun nevertheless. The voice acting was genius in the third sequel, and I'll never forget Murray the evil helspawn skull, every line from him was a killer joke.  laughanim2.gif

I dled the special edition remake, it looks like they really stayed faithfull to the original game.
Harr, harr.  Cool

Tales of Monkey Island looks really lame. I really don't understand why they moved to 3D with Monkey Island 4 (btw that game was abysmal) it kills all the fairy-tale charm.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Sun 26.07.2009 18:48:32 »

Also I love the navigator skull, its one of the few animated full-screen faces while talking to him.
When you want to know the right way there are so many possible ways to threat or beg him... 'please, please, please, please, please, 100 times', and my favourite discussion about kicking him in to the lava river  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: