Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VCTF-42 Turgor (Release Candidate 1)  (Read 3171 times)
Lishtenbird

« on: Mon 07.09.2009 11:08:05 »

I am happy to announce that the Release Candidate of VCTF-42 Turgor is available for download!

http://www.fileplanet.com/204888/200000/fileinfo/VCTF-VCTF-42-Turgor_RC1
http://narod.ru/disk/12868132000/VCTF-VCTF-42-Turgor_RC1_rus.zip.html

Description: A gloomy atmospheric map after the game 'Turgor' (also known as 'Tension' in the European market) featuring the cloudy Moscow sky and some self-created Turgor-style music.

This map is a release-candidate. It may contain bugs that should be removed in the final release. I would be grateful if you test this map and post your opinion/bug reports here!

P.S. I am willing to post a final release on 09.09.09, but I'm not sure whether it will have been tested thoroughly enough by that time. Anyways, thanks for you time:)

P.P.S. The map is up and running at >--vobLA)> server: 195.234.110.170

« Last Edit: Mon 07.09.2009 17:02:05 by Splitter »

"You are entitled to your own opinion. Your opinion is wrong, but you are entitled to it." Steve Napierski, Dueling Analogs
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Mon 07.09.2009 11:12:32 »

This is an awesome map with hidden secrets and features. Be sure to find all of them  msn012.gif  We've already tested it yesterday and it plays very good! May be we can recommend it to DoS server administration, so they would add it once the final version is released, and we could play it on normal pings  :)
« Last Edit: Mon 07.09.2009 11:14:31 by aka_sova »
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Mon 07.09.2009 11:41:47 »

I'll give it a try when I'll have the chance, the eyecandy is certainly there, lest see if the gameplay is good as well....

Lishtenbird

« Reply #3 on: Mon 07.09.2009 17:17:04 »

9th september (09.09.09) is too soon
All the major bugs have been already fixed, so it's just a matter of polishing.

"You are entitled to your own opinion. Your opinion is wrong, but you are entitled to it." Steve Napierski, Dueling Analogs
Splitter
Mr. Massacre

« Reply #4 on: Mon 07.09.2009 17:20:25 »

in the moment i respawned the first time in this map i already didnt like it anymore....

the simple reason is:

- tank and hellbender spawn 5 meters next to flag ---> flagcamping..

tank and hellbender are overpowered in those maps... (esp for camping) if you put this vehicles into the map then they should spawn a bit outside the bases and should be only able to reach the midfield to cover flagcarriers... they shouldnt get into the base

basecamp sucks
« Last Edit: Mon 07.09.2009 17:21:48 by Splitter »

Quote from: Mordsspass
I think most or even all of you already know whom I am talking about, our good old bigoted Splitter.
clapping.gif
Lishtenbird

« Reply #5 on: Mon 07.09.2009 17:32:57 »

I tend to disagree. Tank camping is almost useless here, tank is a defense-support vehicle for flag carriers and the eradicator. Once you lose eradicator (a scorpion suicide will finish it in a blow if it's not defended properly), you get the ability to cross the bridge and your bender and tank is useless under eradicator's enemy fire as they are immediately spawn killed.

This is basically a control-support map, so eradicator + tank duet is a winning point. The bender is more of a defense vehicle (stranded omg...), naturally, though you can cross the bridge and spawnkill just like on Kargo. A tank+bender+eradicator is a deathly trio once at the enemy base.

- tank and hellbender spawn 5 meters next to flag ---> flagcamping..
'Get the eradicator, wipe the base out, grab the flag and run back" - yes, that's the idea. Almost no open-field vehicle action - sniper/long-range-fire map. You concentrate either on assault or on defense.

The one thing that is true is that bots are stupid enough to ignore vehicle opportunities. So you won't get the gist of the map until you play a team match:) No 'free-for-all' and 'I do what I want' action anymore like in suspense.
« Last Edit: Mon 07.09.2009 17:40:09 by Lishtenbird »

INFERNAL-9
Multikill Member

Eternity? Time unit

« Reply #6 on: Sun 17.01.2010 15:43:11 »

INFERNAL-9
Multikill Member

Eternity? Time unit

« Reply #7 on: Sun 24.01.2010 21:17:57 »

Final my video

joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #8 on: Sun 24.01.2010 21:59:33 »

Stairways to heaven (aka redeemer) Grin
the map seems really nice, with a complex gameplay. but that's what i think through the video. still have to play it

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: