Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UDK released  (Read 4219 times)
PainSavour
Dark Clan Member

« on: Fri 06.11.2009 21:21:04 »

Epic has released "something unreal" and as it was expected it's a development kit for UE3.
http://www.udk.com/index.html

There's a demo of UT3 that comes with it, and you can notice from the demo that the maps have been upgraded with lightmass. It'd be nice if we could get LightMass working for the full game too.  Smiley

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!
joaoFCB
Mr. Massacre

UT3 Fick Clan

« Reply #1 on: Sat 07.11.2009 01:32:01 »

looks nice!

Fick Clan is reviving! Join us at www.fick-ut3.tk
iFCB
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Sat 07.11.2009 01:56:47 »

Wow, at least the screenshots are looking really nice. But who knows how bugged it is again  Roll Eyes

Edit: Man I am so curious about the new maps ad gamemodes which will be made with UDK  xxxw00t.gif

These will look so amazing. If there are no bugs or other problems it fuckin owns for free =)
« Last Edit: Sat 07.11.2009 02:02:50 by Bloody.Bender »

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #3 on: Sat 07.11.2009 10:51:45 »

Looks cool, i'll try it!  xxxw00t.gif

I like this gun lol  Grin
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Sat 07.11.2009 17:45:38 »

Whats new there? Just a new look of the browser and matinee in the editor and 'daylight' with soft dynamic shadows are supposed to be a special feature. Keep it, Epic.

But the new maps are told to be modified also in their structure - in necropolis there are new, larger flag buldings, new incineration rooms, new gates, ...

The link gun has got face lifted and comes with a new primary fire animation.

Someone who is able to do so should make these maps ready to play on custom servers to try them, thx. Bastardbrain maybe, you know how to do maps and stuff, right?  Azn

Mess with the best, die like the rest
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Sat 07.11.2009 20:31:00 »

Wow, at least the screenshots are looking really nice. But who knows how bugged it is again  Roll Eyes

Edit: Man I am so curious about the new maps ad gamemodes which will be made with UDK  xxxw00t.gif

These will look so amazing. If there are no bugs or other problems it fuckin owns for free =)

What makes you think that there will be mods made for UT3? There are TONs of games based on UT3 engine so the chance for good multiplayer mods/tweaks specifically made fot UT3 is pretty slim. I think that whoever will be seriously working with the dev kit will focus on moding some other game..... like Borderlands.

Bastardbrain
Multikill Member

« Reply #6 on: Sun 08.11.2009 15:12:17 »

im having a play with it now

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #7 on: Sun 08.11.2009 15:35:27 »

What makes you think that there will be mods made for UT3? There are TONs of games based on UT3 engine so the chance for good multiplayer mods/tweaks specifically made fot UT3 is pretty slim. I think that whoever will be seriously working with the dev kit will focus on moding some other game..... like Borderlands.

Ofc I know its for all games with Unreal 3 Engine. But I'm pretty sure many ppl will do some mods for UT. At least I hope so  msn012.gif

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
Bastardbrain
Multikill Member

« Reply #8 on: Sun 08.11.2009 15:43:25 »

The new editor is much much better but..
You cant seem to export the UDk files into UT3 files or import ut3 files into the UDK editor.

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #9 on: Sun 08.11.2009 16:24:08 »

The new editor is much much better but..
You cant seem to export the UDk files into UT3 files or import ut3 files into the UDK editor.

Huh? I was checking the UDK Forum and CrazyBastard already tried to edit some maps with it, when I got it right.

Bastardbrain
Multikill Member

« Reply #10 on: Sun 08.11.2009 16:46:53 »

Ill have a word with Crazy
thx

assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #11 on: Sun 08.11.2009 20:08:48 »

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #12 on: Mon 09.11.2009 02:15:02 »

Those maps look now really different...but what did UDK bring new? I think with old tools u cna do the same...
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Mon 09.11.2009 18:19:52 »

Yes, its mostly doable also with the editor.
The lightmass feature eliminates the need for dozens and dozens of light sources to illuminate a room. Fewer lights can do a more uniform and realistic effect, and its an advantage for the mappers.

You may think about this effect to look awesome and intense in the new Necropolis - but it is important to remember that the new Necropolis is a whole new map with new elements, textures and daylight settings. If they'd changed the daytime from sunset to sunrise in the UE3 you probably wouldn't even be able to tell with what tools the map was created. So no hype about the editor, just make the new necro playable with vehicles and stuff! :D

CrazyBastard compared the difference of UT3 and UDK lights: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=705999
These maps were not optimized for the new lights, so the contrast and light intensity is screwed up.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Mon 09.11.2009 18:21:21 »

Btw the new link gun adapts to team colors, its a nice 'rocketlauncher red' for the red team. Confusing weapons? wasted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: