Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 4323 times)
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

Teamplay Ressurection Gang

« on: Tue 10.11.2009 12:49:57 »

Everyone I know who's playing games waited for no game as long as for the newest GTA. I am surprised this game isnt even mentioned here!  msn008.gif So for those guys who also wanna talk about that, I just start...

I have been a GTA fan since ever! Played that first ugly bird-perspective pixel criminality in the old days, hidden from my mother's eyes :-))) played every fucking version for a short or longer while (except for that stupid London extension). But GTA 3, ViCE City and then finally, coolest game EVA 4 ME San Andreas raised my hype then totally!

I really was fucking keen on how the 4 will be. I was and still am impressed by the grafics GTA IV can create, but the rest was rather disappointment. You now got way more the feeling beeing limited to a already fixed story. You cant really change your destiny. You cant even style yourself the way you want. No cool different shops with stylez from Punk to HipHop or bigwig like in the good old SanAndreas days.

And the online community is a joke aswell. 90% teenies with no real playing ambitious, 98% hackers which spend hours on glitching around (which is sometimes fun, i gotta admit, but cmon, all day?)

Nevertheless of my disappointment, I still play this for fun online from time to time to enyoy not having to concentrate.

And it's still GTA, Cmon, has this name no special value to you?  msn008.gif

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #1 on: Tue 10.11.2009 13:42:20 »

First GTA I played was with birdview too. GTA IV sucks imho, San Andreas, Vice City and GTA 3 fuckin own!

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
m4rt1ni
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #2 on: Tue 10.11.2009 16:35:10 »

The original GTA was a really tough game, I never managed to finish it. I've beaten 5 of the 6 parts of the game but the last one was just bat-shit difficult.

The second was a great upgrade of the first one. I actually played some multiplayer and it was waaaayyy awesome killing each other over LAN.

Out of the sequels I enjoyed Vice City the most. The cheesy atmosphere of the 80s and the awesome radiostations :D were really top-notch.

GTA4 was great too, much more story-driven, maybe you didnt have so much freedom for crazy stuff but that doesnt make it a bad game.

The Liberty City Stories and especially Vice City Stories rank among the top quality games on PSP and I've beaten them both - really impressively done for such a small system. GTA Chinatown Wars are out on the PSP as well - planning to buy them later this year Tongue

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #3 on: Tue 10.11.2009 19:10:26 »

cool, I see, I find some old school GTA gamers :-)

yeah, GTA 4 aint that bad, but for a freelance gangsta like me not free enough, compared with San Andreas where you could keep the city in the hands of your gang, tuning cars, pump your muscles, run around in hood wear and seeing video sequences by real rappers like The Game. ahh, I miss these days. Damn I modded this game, only real Mercedes Mc Larens and Veyrons running down the street. Gotta look what I can do with number IV now. :-)

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #4 on: Tue 10.11.2009 20:48:42 »

I've played a lot GTA 1 in school with classmates in LAN, that was really fun. Also played  Vice City and San Andreas, but still haven't play GTA 4...
Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #5 on: Tue 10.11.2009 21:03:46 »

yeah, GTA 4 aint that bad, but for a freelance gangsta like me not free enough, compared with San Andreas where you could keep the city in the hands of your gang, tuning cars, pump your muscles, run around in hood wear and seeing video sequences by real rappers like The Game. ahh, I miss these days. Damn I modded this game, only real Mercedes Mc Larens and Veyrons running down the street. Gotta look what I can do with number IV now. :-)

Yeah I modded pretty much too =) Was even more fun to play then.

Let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcisuss, sculptor of physiques. Let them say I lived in the time of Zyzz.
assassin[be]
Godlike Member

Where's the gum?

« Reply #6 on: Wed 11.11.2009 23:19:12 »

Am I the only one here who actually thinks GTA IV is a good game? msn008.gif
I have been playing this game lan with my brother(when you play online, so many wieners play -.-) and it's really fun to do stuff togheter. We have so many epic battles(specially with rocket launchers ^^).

I really appreciate everything this game has to offer, I like the realistic elements they have put in. I just love messing arround with the pedestrians that makes them ragdolls Grin.
I have it on the xbox360 as well, and I have bought both The Lost And Damned and Balled of Gay Tony. And the last one is so awesome... I mean, it has the same mood that you had in vice city. The clubs and everything... Just so damn awesome. They have done a really nice job on the nitrous effect in races in that expension.

I have been having fun with creating vids in GTA(some of you might have seen them on my xfire profile). Don't mind the quality... I recoreded them when I only had a 7900GT and a 2,2 GHz dual core... I'm getting a new cpu soon(already have a much better Graphics card tongue) and I'll rerecord my old vids and create some new ones.

Also, modding in GTA IV has allot more levels then in the old GTA 3 one's. I mean you can shoot fireballs xxxlaugh.gif . Just try some mods out.
Also, they are bringing the first expansion to PC soon. That adds allot of new features(new bikes and such).

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #7 on: Sun 15.11.2009 00:52:25 »

Sounds cool. I just installed the new patch, makes all the old hacks not work anymore, which is good, because people abused their possibilities.

Maybe we can play once together online, you can add me on your XBox Live friendslist if you want. Player name is just "FickDeineLtan".

I also like it, but i dont concern it as a real serious shooter like unreal, its more like funnny fooling around game, and I am a bit disappointed because they took some freedom out in comparison with the good old GTA San Andreas. But its fun for a short while!

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #8 on: Tue 05.07.2011 20:04:46 »

For those of you which have GTA IV.

Here's a graphic mod (2.87 MB big) which works with Patch 1.0.4.0

hf

aka_sova
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #9 on: Thu 07.07.2011 12:31:52 »

wow that looks awesome! How much efforts it costs to do all this...
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #10 on: Mon 20.05.2013 13:55:32 »

Back to San Andreas! 3 playable chars! Smiley

So gonna buy it, but gotta wait for the PC release... msn004.gif
« Last Edit: Mon 20.05.2013 13:57:38 by DeineLtan »

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #11 on: Wed 22.05.2013 10:10:59 »

I started to play GTA IV again. Really looking forward to GTA V  Cheesy

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #12 on: Wed 23.10.2013 17:56:56 »

You can add me under my PSN name Theo_RiginaI
if you also play GTA Online (GTA V MP) on PS3!

Bloody.Bender
Dark Clan Member

« Reply #13 on: Mon 28.10.2013 21:47:18 »

Alright. Haven't played for a while now. Gonna add you as soon as I'm online again, if I won't forget about it Tongue

DeineLtan
Godlike Member

« Reply #14 on: Tue 29.10.2013 15:27:33 »

nice, I'll be probably invincible moving around with BloodyBender in Los Santos  tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: