Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Support Petition for free access to scientific transactions!  (Read 5436 times)
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

Teamplay Ressurection Gang

« Reply #20 on: Sun 15.11.2009 01:07:17 »

First of all,
I really think its cool and ok if Sova makes such threads which go beyond a game. Why not discussing on a easy and fair way about this topic? If you dont want, just dont post a comment Bloody or Vegas, I think open eyes in our world is needed and people should talk more about such stuff and make themselves an opinion. Thats rather more important than posting your music or decorated windows  xxxlaugh.gif

And giving results of studies for free sounds nice, release them nicely summarized in journal-like style for free would be unpaid work. And I dont know what juristical rights should be granted to the companies which financed such studies, so not everything can be free to all, of course (Piraten Partei ideology, i know, a bit economic-hostile if you ask me).

And btw, heyyyy EisWiesel is still alive!!!  msn008.gif  Smiley

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: Sun 15.11.2009 09:38:32 »

I don't mind this topic too much, since this priate party doesn't follow the religious or racist kind of goals as sova's usual propaganda topics (...all removed!). Yes, it doesn't sound bad to have access to research results, but still I think it doesn't fit in an UT3 forum too well, but whatever.

My concern about this publications was the economic impact vs benefit to 'the public'. As I wrote »The part with the 220millions in your calculation... failed.«, I linked it to sova's calculation: '220 millions / 82 millions = ~2.7 euro?'. Thats totally wrong in the context of the article! The German nation pays the 220 m €, now, to equip public libraries and universities with journals. This has nothing to do with the esteemed cost to make results of researches accessible to the public, which would be by far bigger.

I checked my uni's online 'metalib' report: the Region pays 340€ for online subscriptions and excerpts for any single university inscription. On the other hand, in the preparation sessions to learn how to write a thesis, we were told to use 'metalib', since it is so expensive and almost no one makes use of it... Such a waste of money!
Also this article says »Besonders wenn es an so einer Kleinigkeit mangelt wie der Bezahlung von Zeitschriften-Abonnements«, what means that it are just peanuts to pay for journal abos. It doesn't mean that the sole results of researches could be published, maybe just extracted from protocols. The results have to be elaborated and composed as articles in journals, as the pirate party phrased this demand. And honestly, who should do all this work, the researchers themselves maybe? Foreign participants shouldn't get no voice regarding such a topic, but this is an oppositionist's campaign, they will take everything they get. Good luck with the petition, vote as you feel like.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
DeineLtan
Godlike Member

Teamplay Ressurection Gang

« Reply #22 on: Sun 15.11.2009 16:40:51 »

woooord, Vegas! I thought you're very young. Your words release wisdom.   msn009.gif

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print

Jump to: