Dark Clan Forum

Unreal Tournament 3 => Dark Clan & Unreal Tournament 3 => Topic started by: aka_sova on Wed 19.11.2008 23:15:29



Title: I hate n00bz
Post by: aka_sova on Wed 19.11.2008 23:15:29
And you?

It's like i one was n00b too, was asking in chat how to use hover and etc., people were laughing at me cuz i was noob, and when i got some skills and became not bad player i started hating noobs...because they are kidding, doing nothing, wasting boots and vehicles and so on...

The similar thing we can see in real life - some guy from peasants or common people goes up in his career and start despising people he was like once before...become even more cruel relatively to them than another guy, who was born in high population group from the beginning...

Didn't you think about it?


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Nightmare85 on Thu 20.11.2008 00:39:19
Well, everyone was a noob^^
I think the players become more and more stronger and the problems will maybe not be that long.
Sure always new players/noobs join.
They have no idea so they can't imagine how important some things are.
(Jump Boots, Furies etc.)

Today I had the flag on Sandstorm and a player flew me with our Fury.
He was so damn slow (I guess he did not know that there is a boost).
But well, that makes a game to a game.
It will always be a mix of good and not so good players (I guess).

Maybe they are not that bad... we are just too good! :D ;)

P.S: The other side: When noobs/new players join the game, then I think "this game does not die, fine^^"

Greets


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: darkredfox on Thu 20.11.2008 01:23:45
"this game does not die, fine^^"

Good word, Nightmare! The "war" needs n00bz cauze they are the canon fodder.  ;) But before I started to play online, I spend many night 4 excercises. If some ppls play and do not know the basics, thats stupid. If they only not know sophisticated tactics or moves or the things which make a player leet, they can left theyr n00bism behind. In fact I see many "skilled" n00bs, cauze they does'nt play with sense. This are really sucking noobz!


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: VegasKill on Thu 20.11.2008 04:30:36
Hahahaha sova,

Don't   hate   da   PlAyA XD


  cu smiley.gif ...watchin you doing better than the noobs ^^    heads2.png


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: aka_sova on Thu 20.11.2008 06:17:09
watchin you doing better than the noobs ^^    heads2.png
Actually, i'm n00b too. In Deathmatch. :( May be not too much, but i still usually die more times, than i kill.

"this game does not die, fine^^"
True  tonguesmiley.png


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Nightmare85 on Thu 20.11.2008 16:15:21
hehe^^

That was my story with UT3:
When I got it, I played the campaign (I liked it).
Then I played online, but only DeathMatch.
After an average knowledge I played V-CTF and Warfare.
(I hate CTF).

I think some people are too lazy to play the game offline to learn some things.
They think "It's an online game so I only play online!"
And that are these guys that take the jump boots to camp in their base or that take the fury to fly (alone) to the enemy base and get the flag.

It is too complicate to help these people because it costs time and nerves.
Just ignore them (if they ask a lot of really stupid things).
Say: "There are forums for your questions".

Greets


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: aka_sova on Thu 20.11.2008 17:11:21
If smb asks for help - i'm glad to help. But if they don't and think they are god without it too - their problems.


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Heggi on Fri 21.11.2008 23:59:23
Wanna come see me own some noobs Crazysmile1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9qXbgrx9rg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9qXbgrx9rg)

We used to have the sounds from that video on our UT2003/2004 server when we had one.
"Boom Headshot" i remember having that sound keybound to "f" so i could play it in the server everytime i wanted :)

Good old times :D

wanna see more:
http://www.purepwnage.com/ (http://www.purepwnage.com/)


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: aka_sova on Sat 22.11.2008 09:18:42
lol, boom headshot! Crazysmile1


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Bloody.Bender on Thu 22.01.2009 22:18:58
hehe^^

That was my story with UT3:
When I got it, I played the campaign (I liked it).
Then I played online, but only DeathMatch.
After an average knowledge I played V-CTF and Warfare.
(I hate CTF).


I started to play online with the same way  8)


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Splitter on Mon 09.03.2009 19:47:27
xD today a noob asked me: 'whats the command for dodge?' and 'how to reload a deemer?' omg hehe


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Bloody.Bender on Mon 09.03.2009 19:52:43
Best thing I've ever heard was, "What a n00b team, I was only 1 healing the core."   atomrofl.gif atomrofl.gif atomrofl.gif

Some guy posted it in the Epic Forum, just hilarious


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Nightmare85 on Mon 09.03.2009 20:07:58
LMAO :D

It's also nice when some guys try to damage you with Link Gun secondary fire when they are 50 metres away^^

Or when they try to get the DarkWalker on HeatRay and get crushed^^
(Or on Kargo with the tank).

Greets


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Bloody.Bender on Mon 09.03.2009 20:14:06
And on necropolis, Heggi lost the flag and some n00b took the flag and he crawled over the bridge  xxxlaugh.gif xxxlaugh.gif xxxlaugh.gif


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: darkredfox on Mon 09.03.2009 21:51:43
Also funny (not in this moment  ;)) when midskillers in a inferior team waste every second with typing "what a noob team", "all other are noobs" and such a crap instead of fighting.

And the classic noob question: Where can I find the hoverboard?  Crazysmile1


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: ArcAne on Mon 09.03.2009 22:04:43
The new ones are

1. How do i become a titan
2. How do i do the titan ground pound
3. How do you play this gametype


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: aka_sova on Mon 09.03.2009 22:18:11
I think asking a question isn't "nooby", it's aspiration for advancing and becoming better. I remember myself asking in the chat "How do i use hoverboard", and no one helped me, although server was overloaded. no one.

Abusing another ppl in "n00bism" and being n00b themself (they don't know they are) makes them n00b.


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: VegasKill on Mon 09.03.2009 23:29:03
The new ones are
...
3. How do you play this gametype

I'm a UT3 expansion noooooob! I just know about Betryal and the maps EdenInc and Nanoblack ;)

I played 2 times Rails with Wojci, nearly 2 times SuxNecris and Stranded just once  finger1
I never saw the new vehicles and deployables =S ...but I will change this today in a short instant game.

...Got no more time to play and I'm just tooo tired in the evenings now (http://i39.tinypic.com/69032d.gif)


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: dnc-mafia on Tue 10.03.2009 00:32:59
the most anoying thing that ever happend to me was that some guy kept grappling my nightshade...

even when i was inviseble he just kept grappling and wouldnt let go, and its hard to get someone of ur back with nightshade, with fury instead u can teamkill em right away ^^

but this mf just wouldnt let go of the nightshade and keptt following me for the whole game so evrybody could see were the nightshade wass. And I reallyyyy wanted the nightshade cause i was in overclocked and wanted the fragg evryone ^^
this bitch didnt even responded to my messages ??

I think asking a question isn't "nooby", it's aspiration for advancing and becoming better. I remember myself asking in the chat "How do i use hoverboard", and no one helped me, although server was overloaded. no one.

read the *******  manual, its next to the cd, most of the ppl didnt see it cause they couldnt wait installing UT3 :D ? or just smash ur keyboard untill the hoverboard activates.. thats what i did XD


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Nightmare85 on Tue 10.03.2009 00:34:27
Today on WAR-Downtown:
I was fighting a red guy and I saw that someone was shooting with rockets at the tank node which already was ours.
After I won the fight I saw which guy it was and it was a blue guy (team mate).
Then I wrote: "If you want to heal our nodes, use link gun secondary instead of rockets..." :D

Man, the Titan Pack brings us many many noobs.
I mean, I don't care that much about it, but sometimes we are depending on these guys, especially on Warfare if they take the orb or the tank on TankCrossing...
Most time it's more a foot race.
The good players try to prevent that their newbie team mates get things which they shouldn't get :D :D

Greets


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: K_G_ on Tue 10.03.2009 01:02:21
you guys are all n00bs. why do you hate urself?:|


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: aka_sova on Tue 10.03.2009 11:41:53
The good players try to prevent that their newbie team mates get things which they shouldn't get :D :D
Exactly! But noobs are everywhere, especially on suspense. I wanted duel with fury guy, and i had raptor. So fucking noobs took my raptor and died 2 seconds after took off. Annoying =\

And i don't speak about orbs, when 1 guy takes orb and goes somewhere by foot - very often this "somewhere" is our node, core or without direction even  Crazysmile1


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: darkredfox on Tue 10.03.2009 14:50:57
The difference between a noob and a beginner is the reading of fucking manuals, playing tutorials and train a bit offline. The core of annoying other ppl with asks about the hoverboard reloader or such a shit is the demand of playing before learning. My first advice for this guyz is: RTFM
 xxxras.gif


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Nightmare85 on Wed 11.03.2009 18:20:10

Today, a "professional" player (teammate) insulted me on TankCrossing.
I had the Tank and I have been near the red core.
However, the red team was controlling the node, so I drove some metres backwards to shoot incoming enemy players to prevent their massive attacks.
Seems it didn't matter to him:
(http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5858/commando67.jpg)

Too bad he left the game before I could write something^^

P.S. I took the screenshot one minute later, because I had no time when I had the tank.

Greets


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: aka_sova on Wed 11.03.2009 18:25:23
You met a common type of n00b, nothing special :)


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: darkredfox on Wed 11.03.2009 21:00:47
Hmm, seems nighty is the type of noob who didn't attack the enemy base with the tank - in kargo.  rotfl.gif


Title: Re: I hate n00bz
Post by: Nightmare85 on Wed 11.03.2009 22:20:13
haha, yeah. I'm a damn camper on this map^^

I will remember the name of this guy, commando67.
As soon as I see him again, my payback will come^^ :D

Greets