Dark Clan Forum

Guests Area => General Discussion => Topic started by: VegasKill on Sat 30.06.2012 12:41:23



Title: No demo recording in Tribes Ascend (UE3.5)
Post by: VegasKill on Sat 30.06.2012 12:41:23
HiREZ is not able to provide demo recording for Tribes Ascend, so there won't be a T:A RypelCam. Too bad, Tribes Ascend definitely could provide great frag movies, but without demos they hardly can expect any good frag movies.

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=76956&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=210 (http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=76956&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=210)

Quote from: HiRezTodd
Quote
"What about Demo?"

Legit question. I understand and share the desire for Demo (Record match, playback prior matches. Ideally from various camera angles; ideally with pause/rewind/forward)

A Demo would support high-level competitive play, facilitate shoutcasting/production of eSports, let you view recorded matches without loss of detail, be a great learning tool for new players who aspire toward competitive play, help the game market itself thru user-created videos, and assist with catching aim-botters. A Demo system would be awesome!

That said, Demo is no longer on the road-map. Per some previous posts it was an internal goal originally. We wanted it. We had a programmer begin r&d on it, but he uncovered technical complexities that would make it a prohibitively long and nasty project. We don't want to get sucked into a single black hole Tribes feature when there are other improvements we can continue to make. I wish that wan't the case. But that is the case. If it changes and we have some Demo breakthru in the future, we'll let you know.



Title: Re: No demo recording in Tribes Ascend (UE3.5)
Post by: m4rt1ni on Sat 30.06.2012 23:01:13
That's a shame :(

Play more Tribes


Title: Re: No demo recording in Tribes Ascend (UE3.5)
Post by: VegasKill on Sun 01.07.2012 07:26:59
That's a shame :(
Yes, it really is a shame. RCam should be a default tool in UE games. I'll talk to RypeL about contacting Flak from Epic Games, also because uscript will no longer be supported in UE4.

Play more Tribes
I supervise employees 10hrs a day and make construction plans in AutoCAD of industrial halls afterwards... so I don't really have time to play, but I occasionally joined dance in UT3... alter! ;)