Dark Clan Forum

Unreal Tournament 3 => Dark Clan & Unreal Tournament 3 => Topic started by: iki_xx on Mon 23.11.2009 15:02:45



Title: About the DoS server
Post by: iki_xx on Mon 23.11.2009 15:02:45
A few words about the DoS server.
Main admin , player and clan leader of DoS (paradox)  is aware of the issue with the spam maps, and map rotation is increased to 7 I believe.
And also , currently there is a voting process on DoS forum for removal of some of those annoying maps.
It would be cool if you  play there , and I know that a lot of you play there , could come and vote.

Let your voices be heard!

voting poll:
http://dos.bplaced.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=83&pid=928#pid928 (http://dos.bplaced.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=83&pid=928#pid928)



Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: PARADOX1911 on Mon 23.11.2009 17:13:12
Yes, we'd appreciate it, if you could drop by there and vote for the removal of whichever duplicate map you wouldn't like to play on our server.

We welcome advices/suggestions in any form, just let us know.

Thanks,
Paradox


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Thigor on Mon 23.11.2009 19:24:54
I would play on dos if I didnt have a constant 132 ping :/


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: iki_xx on Mon 23.11.2009 19:27:36
Server is hosted in Holland , on a very fast network ( I have 60-90 ping , from Serbia).
Don't let the ping stop you from voting :)


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Thigor on Mon 23.11.2009 19:30:12
Yea thats why I dont understand why my ping is so crazy high

maybe all russians/americans giving me bad pings :L


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: iki_xx on Mon 23.11.2009 19:33:44
As I understand you live on an island , maybe that's the problem :D


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Thigor on Mon 23.11.2009 19:35:52
I have nice ping on server hosted in germany (60ish) so it can't be that :P

also cant vote, votings ended can just see results

original arena of death/NS version are the best


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: VegasKill on Mon 23.11.2009 19:36:47
As long as there is no atari combat, all maps are fine to me.
Maps just should not be overplayed.
The Bta servers from PHX runs with a round based delay to re-vote the same maps. Maybe not the worst solution for nonstop voted maps. Ends up in a forced map cycle, but the players still can decide whats next to be played.


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: iki_xx on Mon 23.11.2009 19:46:45
poll is extended , so please go vote if you have the time


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: VegasKill on Mon 23.11.2009 20:12:28
voted.
Arena_N(o)S(tinger) does not sound bad, but I won't dl a new map just because of stinger spam.
Rather keep the original that most ppl have already. The map modders weren't able to fix the map bugs on the ramps anyways. ::)


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: JT-Ripper on Mon 23.11.2009 22:56:11
Hi Paradox, nice work with the server. I often visit the DoS server. Keep up the good work.


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Lightmyfire on Mon 07.12.2009 23:49:19
voted.
Arena_N(o)S(tinger) does not sound bad, but I won't dl a new map just because of stinger spam.
Rather keep the original that most ppl have already. The map modders weren't able to fix the map bugs on the ramps anyways. ::)

So annoying when u got shoes and dont want to wast a shoe yes! Anyway i gotta show you ppl my new hammer route on that map, epic win at nearly every attempt ;)


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: joaoFCB on Tue 08.12.2009 01:14:22
So annoying when u got shoes and dont want to wast a shoe yes! Anyway i gotta show you ppl my new hammer route on that map, epic win at nearly every attempt ;)
we just had a little fight over the HammerRun on shoebox...i also bet your HammerRun on arena can't beat mine  8)


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: aka_sova on Tue 08.12.2009 10:55:35
I beat you all  msn001.gif


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: joaoFCB on Tue 08.12.2009 15:39:56
try it  xxxshifty.gif
we show oursleves to most usefull hammerRun on the Box Maps  xxxshifty.gif


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Thigor on Tue 08.12.2009 16:44:05
I dont run, I fight


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Thigor on Tue 08.12.2009 16:53:51
I dont run, I fight


(http://i45.tinypic.com/2u3w3lc.gif)


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Bloody.Bender on Sun 21.03.2010 09:06:53
Hey can any1 ask the DoS for the demo of battleline? It was yesterday evening. Damn what a sniper kill :>


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: VegasKill on Sun 21.03.2010 11:32:00
demos from dos: http://dos.site11.com/ut3/ (http://dos.site11.com/ut3/)

...you probably refer to the match around 17:00: http://dos.site11.com/ut3/get2.php?file=VCTF-BattleLine-2010_03_20-16_41_16.demo&size=22449127 (http://dos.site11.com/ut3/get2.php?file=VCTF-BattleLine-2010_03_20-16_41_16.demo&size=22449127)


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Bloody.Bender on Sun 21.03.2010 12:15:17
demos from dos: http://dos.site11.com/ut3/ (http://dos.site11.com/ut3/)

...you probably refer to the match around 17:00: http://dos.site11.com/ut3/get2.php?file=VCTF-BattleLine-2010_03_20-16_41_16.demo&size=22449127 (http://dos.site11.com/ut3/get2.php?file=VCTF-BattleLine-2010_03_20-16_41_16.demo&size=22449127)


THX dude =)

I'll check it.


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Bloody.Bender on Sun 21.03.2010 12:21:03
For some reason I can't download it. I tried to dl it with a different browser but the result is the same -.-

Edit:

Doesn't work, could some1 download it for me and upload it somewhere else pls?  msn001.gif embarrassed2


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: VegasKill on Sun 21.03.2010 12:33:20
just wait half a minute for the dl to start. msn001.gif


Title: Re: About the DoS server
Post by: Bloody.Bender on Sun 21.03.2010 13:43:43
Problem finally solved.

Thx for your help anyway.