Dark Clan Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Critical Error  (Read 2058 times)
abc

« on: Wed 18.12.2019 05:04:06 »

Installed one of the versions of RypelCam and when trying to play a demo back immediately got the error "SmartCTFSpawnNotifyPRI CTF-Revenge-LE102.SmartCTFSpawnNotifyPRI0 (Function SmartCTF_4E.SmartCTFSpawnNotifyPRI.SpawnNotification:00B9) Unknown code token C9..."

Was told it's a problem with SmartCTF and there's a version of RypelCam that doesn't give this error. Is this version available anywhere? The one on this site looked to be the same version as the one I'm already using.

Thanks for any help with this.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Wed 18.12.2019 21:54:20 »

Hello abc,

RypelCam_UT99_v12 is the most recent release by RypeL.

RCam does not fix issues with UT99 demos, but rather allows to create camera paths. There is no reference to playerreplicationinfo whatsoever.

On the other hand, the third party demo manager (included in the RCam download), appears to apply all kind of fixes for the demo recording process and also the playback.

There are more recent versions of the demo manager with many fixes in the changelog. You may give them a try: http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Utilities/udemo/

The most recent version seems to be "udemo_35", but there is also a version specifically called "udemo32_with_smartCTF4Dfix".

But apparently, for RCam to work properly, the included version "Unreal Tournament Demo Manager 3.0 by UsAaR33 with extensions by {GkC}Poema" might be required.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
abc

« Reply #2 on: Fri 20.12.2019 02:57:50 »

Thanks for this answer. I did notice that the RypelCam download here contained a different udemo version than the one I was trying (there are so many versions of the same file it can get confusing). Tried this one, and unfortunately the same error.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Fri 20.12.2019 12:53:56 »

Mind sending me the demo to reproduce the error?

abc

« Reply #4 on: Fri 27.12.2019 04:32:10 »

Sure, sorry for the delay.

Here's the demo I was trying to use RypelCam with:

https://mega.nz/#!tbQFyAia!7nk-UB0aTmyxmPOKlVHXu1ukl4cxjS4M0TNac_vwckU

If you need cache files or the map, here's the server it was recorded on:

unreal://74.91.112.56:7777?password=pug

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Sat 28.12.2019 01:53:02 »

Several demo manager versions I tried had issues with loading the demo at all, there is some issue with downloading the files required for this demo. After modifying udemo 3.5, the demo played fine, but without RCam - this is not the version that is supposed to be used in combination with RCam.

Did you get the demo to load if you don't use RCam, od did it always crash for you?
I'll test the RCam version over the WE.

abc

« Reply #6 on: Mon 30.12.2019 05:44:29 »

That demo played all the way through okay for me without RypelCam, using a DemoManager version from 2016, udemo.u is 301 KB and udemo.dll is 143 KB. Usually my demos recorded on that server will crash in the middle, supposedly due to problems with NewNet. But that's a separate problem.

Just did a little test playing the demo back with the DemoManager version included with RypelCam and it was fine. It's only when I go to Mod > Demo3+LoadCam that it crashes.

Looked through the cache files and it looks like one of the cache files might've been updated between when the demo was recorded and now. Here's a more recent demo if you want to see if this one plays. I know for sure it crashes about half way through.

https://mega.nz/#!ZShQ0ADL!SZwnliLJEaH8-wkXZWm9zIKRlrNY4Awicze2JQWEI-Y

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Mon 30.12.2019 22:41:11 »

Try the attached RCam regarding the SmartCTF_4E crash.
It is supposed to be used with the remaining UT99 RCam files, esp. the demo manager, since that version has additional camera and movie making related code by {GkC}Poema. You can try if other versions work as well, of course, since newer versions have a lot of fixes for the demo playback.

Looked through the cache files and it looks like one of the cache files might've been updated between when the demo was recorded and now.
I couldn't find the correct version of "Multimesh.u" for that demo, had to modify the demo manager to force the playback even with missing files... it played fine anyway.

* RCam_UE1v1.2.1fix.zip (66.87 KB - downloaded 105 times.)

abc

« Reply #8 on: Tue 07.01.2020 06:43:04 »

Great! Just with my initial test it seems to play back fine now (had to tick third person spectate in the demomanager). What changes did you make to fix this?

And how can you force a demo to play back if it's missing files? I had demos I really wanted to watch that were just missing one file, a version of NewNet. I'm guessing that file isn't really necessary for the demo's playback.
abc

« Reply #9 on: Tue 07.01.2020 09:02:13 »

Here's a quick little video I made testing RypelCam and visual settings with a demo from a game played today:

The way I did this involved a lot of guess work, placing the flags at different points and trying to time the demo replay with the camera movement. As you can see I lost the flag carrier at one point. Is there some way to set where you want the camera to be at the specific curtimes in the demo?

Anyway, thanks again. Good to finally have this figured out after so long.
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Tue 07.01.2020 23:04:28 »

Cool!Yeah, the "autostart" mode does that for you. Whenever a campoint is created it receives a timestamp, so RCam can accelerate the camera accordingly.
Activate "autostart" by pressing the key "5". As soon as the demo time reaches the timestamp of the first campoint, the demo will pause. Set the view to the camera with "3", unpause, and the camera will start automatically.

Obviously, you will need to take attention while creating the camera path. You need to frame the scene correctly whenever you create a campoint. You should pause the game and take your time for this. I believe that is what the extensions to the demo manager by Poema are good for: you can fly around while the demo is paused!

Great! Just with my initial test it seems to play back fine now (had to tick third person spectate in the demomanager). What changes did you make to fix this?
A minor change so that SmartCTF does not know we spawn an actor - it assumes every new actor must be a player, leading to the crash.

And how can you force a demo to play back if it's missing files? I had demos I really wanted to watch that were just missing one file, a version of NewNet. I'm guessing that file isn't really necessary for the demo's playback.
I can upload the modified demo manager. Maybe put it all together as an official UT99 RCam update.

abc

« Reply #11 on: Wed 08.01.2020 21:18:20 »

Sounds good. You got me over the biggest hurdle so I'll just have to experiment at this point.
abc

« Reply #12 on: Mon 13.01.2020 19:40:45 »

Well, no luck with those instructions.

These are my binds:

Code:
1=summon Cam.saveMouseRotTrigger
2=summon Cam.mouseMoveTrigger
3=summon Cam.mouseMovezTrigger
4=summon Cam.timeDispTrigger
5=summon Cam.btimetrigger
NumPad0=FirstPerson
NumPad1=viewclass CamControl
NumPad2=exec startTrigger.txt
NumPad3=exec startTrigger2.txt
NumPad4=exec showControls.txt
NumPad5=exec Knoten.txt
NumPad6=summon cam.mouseTrigger
NumPad8=togglefullscreen
GreyMinus=exec updateViewerDec.txt
GreyPlus=exec updateViewerInc.txt
GreyStar=summon cam.textTrigger
GreySlash=summon cam.drawkey

What exactly do I do to have the camera in certain locations at certain times in the demo? I've been using Locomotive's tutorial: press NumPad5 three times to make a circuit, NumPad8 NumPad4, save to ini, replay, GreySlash and NumPad3. That's all fine, it's just not synced up. I'm just not sure where pressing 5 and 3 come into play, like you mentioned. Pressing 5 in the replay just seems to immediately pause the demo and 3 doesn't seem to do anything.
abc

« Reply #13 on: Mon 13.01.2020 23:51:51 »

Just noticed you have your own instructions on the forum here, so I'll try going off those.

Edit: great instructions. Think I got it. My problem was trying to set the flags in Demo+LoadCam instead of just Demomanager. Pressing 3 still didn't seem to do anything but NumPad3 seemed to do it.
« Last Edit: Tue 14.01.2020 00:21:50 by abc »
VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Tue 14.01.2020 20:09:31 »

That's all fine, it's just not synced up. I'm just not sure where pressing 5 and 3 come into play, like you mentioned. Pressing 5 in the replay just seems to immediately pause the demo and 3 doesn't seem to do anything.
It is supposed to work like this. You create your first cam point at, lets say, 30 seconds in to the game, the second one at 35 seconds, 38 seconds etc.
After you have completed your camera path, save it and reload the demo.
Before the game time reaches 30 seconds (when you created your first cam point), press the key "5".
Now the "autostart" is active and the demo is supposed to pause all by itself  at the 30 second mark.
Hit "numpad 3" to set the camera as your viewtarget, because that does not happen automatically, for now.

When you now unpause the demo with "F", the camera is supposed to start and adjust its speed to fly through the second cam point at 35 seconds, third cam point at 38 seconds etc.

This way, if you pointed the camera on a player whenever you created your cam points, the camera will later as well, point towards the player while it flies along the camera path.

This is as far theory goes.
Let me fix that bug that breaks the first few cam points, and I'll upload you all the files you need for this to work. Because you'll need certain keybinds and a demo manager that allows you to move during pause, otherwise you won't be able to create a proper camera path.

VegasKill
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Wed 15.01.2020 00:01:25 »

Updated UT99 RypelCam v1.3 download: https://www.ut3darkclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1905

I strongly advice to use the included demo manager and key binds if you want to make use the timed path. Let me know if it works fine for you with this.

Example video of timed path in UT99 with RCam v1.3:
« Last Edit: Wed 15.01.2020 01:28:56 by VegasKill »

abc

« Reply #16 on: Sun 26.01.2020 22:30:47 »

Just saw this. Nice! The frame based playback actually looked smoother there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: